Samsung TE4 device with Cortex A15 and Mali-T604 graphics pops up in benchmarks
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2012, 02:39 posted on
Unknown Samsung TE4 device has appeared in Rightware's benchmark database, causing quite a stir as it popped up with an ARM Mali-T604 graphics processor, indicating an Exynos 5-series processor with ARM Cortex-A15 cores...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hung2900 (Posts: 817; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Poorly Taij is 60fps v-sync capped, so we cannot know the true power of Mali604T. Hope Gl Benchmark will be leaked soon.
21. rd_nest (Posts: 814; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Not inbuilt. Exynos 5 and future generations of Exynos will have a separate radio.
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I was hoping they would release the Exynos 5 into consumer devices this year, but seeing that they already released their flagships for this year with the Exynos 4412, that was disappointing. Maybe the Galaxy S IV... It doesn't seem like anyone is bringing in their A-15 offerings to the masses this year, apart from the S4 A-15 "equivalent". Still waiting on Tegra 4, OMAP 5, and Exynos 5... that means next year should be A-15 galore.
Also, I'm surprised TI didn't come out with an A-9 quad this year. It probably would've debuted on the Razr HD or the next Nexus, which would've been nice.
16. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
but i think s4 will be a quad core coz of s3........
26. ahomad (Posts: 164; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Nexus 10 made by Samsung. Hmmmm sounds delicious.
8. galanoth (Posts: 337; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
There is a Tizen element in the Galaxy Note 2.
The spiral photo gallery caught my attention.
17. AstronautJones (Posts: 272; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
The graphic clearly indicates it is an ANDROID device.
6. Noble_One (Posts: 58; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
TI has put the omap 4470 into the 8.9" kindle. It's supposed to be a quad core "equivalent" according to amazon. Not sure if its really superior to the tegra 3 though. Has anyone seen benchmarks for this 4470? I know the Motorola went with the s4 in the razr but I'd guess the new nexus could potentially contain the 4470 if its really good as the tegra 3. I had seen somewhere on this site that the new nexus may have a dual core a9 processor so I can't imagine it having anything less than the 4470 if that's the case.
7. galanoth (Posts: 337; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
I'm hoping that Samsung is one of the manufacturers of the new Nexus device.
4.7" screen Super Amoled HD non pentile. (smaller version of gnote 2 screen)
and this Exynos 5 cortex A-15.
11. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Optimus G and now this. There's no end to this fast pace! Ooooh man, so good time to have lived!
12. lpeixoto92 (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
I think that Galaxy SIV probably, must to come with a quad-core processor.
18. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
i think the reason samsung went with dual core is to get a quad core or a bit more performance but with much better battery efficiency. other wise they'll try to get a quad core ARM A-15 architecture
22. jan25 (Posts: 417; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
A Samsung with on screen buttons? It must be a Nexus but why in the world would Samsung let Google's flagship over shine its own?! It makes no sense
23. darkdroid (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
galaxy nexus ...yes please , but i dont think it will have exynos 5 series cuz google phones r hardly a hardware powerhouse when compared to flagships of samsung or other manufactures ...
25. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It makes no sense to claim Samsung topping out galaxy s3 with this would make no sense.
In any case it's a Samsung purchased phone, for f!ck sake!
Both ways, it's Samsung who would win
27. TimTebow (Posts: 70; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Should have been out long time ago not this GS3, note 2 crap we have now.