Samsung Star 3 and Star 3 Duos unveiled: smarter feature phones
0. phoneArena 19 Jan 2012, 03:15 posted on
Samsung has just announced the newest edition of its feature phone superstar - the Samsung Star 3 and Samsung Star 3 Duo promise to make feature phones smarter…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 6199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If the touchscreen isn't resistive, this could be a good teeny bopper phone. RELEASE THE DAMN THING HERE IN THE U.S.!
2. Victor.H (Posts: 323; Member since: 27 May 2011)
The Star II already made the switch to capacitive, so this one should be capacitive as well.
4. the_s2 (Posts: 196; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Its reported as capacitive. That is the end of resistive touch era.
6. ardent1 (Posts: 1864; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Dumb, dumb, and just dumb idea. I don't understand Samsung -- why invent these phones when they have old, first generation or older andriod devices that they can upgrade or spice up.
Look at the Samsung Dart -- it goes for $129 at walmart -- runs android and has about the same specs as Star 3.
If I ran Samsung, I would get a better display, i.e. higher resolution, add a faster processor, fix other shortfalls as the improved Dart 2. However, no one asked me for advice.
8. ardent1 (Posts: 1864; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I went back and checked the price -- it's $119.99 for the Dart, which makes it one of the cheapest no contract android devices available.
9. mozes316 (Posts: 141; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
It's a FEATURE phone. For people who don't want to pay for data...
10. fenixsama (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
it looks like samsung champ. please bring back the original samsung star design. the one with metal brushed casing and not plastic.
in my country, a dual sim phone is more practical however choices are limited, mostly poor in quality.