Samsung SM-G110 (new Galaxy Pocket?) could be the first QVGA Samsung handset with Android KitKat
0. phoneArena 02 May 2014, 12:07 posted on
Ultra-cheap Android smartphones usually don't offer the latest software version, but it looks like this upcoming Samsung SM-G110 will do it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Antimio (Posts: 313; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
Let's see how much it's gonna sale on India, then repeat "crap" or "Pathetic"
4. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Sorry didnt know you were going to buy this. Again sorry for disrespecting your phone of choice.
6. alumoyo (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
Better to just phase-out that resolution altogether.
7. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Nokia is able to sell 520 for less than $100, even for $59. Just sayin'.
8. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Samsung still living in 2010...... common Samsung, it's 2014....
10. PorkyBurger (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 May 2013)
QVGA and 3.3 inches. The king of pixel density. /s
Are you supposed to do something with such resolution? I've tried my friend's Galaxy Star and it was total crap. For me HVGA is like minimum~!
12. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Oh yes, finally a replacement for my old htc mytouch!
13. kindlefireowner (Posts: 503; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I love how the Fandroids yell crap to this phone. But the same Fandroids will brag about how many phones Samsung sells every quarter compared to Apple. A good portion of Samsung's sales are low end phones like this every quarter.
14. iushnt (Posts: 1510; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
They sell much more than combined sales of the other top 4 smart phone OEMs. Even if 50% - 70% may be low end to mid range phones, the remaing 30% is still much much more..And what is challenging for them is to sell a very good numbers of S and Note series and create Apple level branding despite of diluting the Galaxy brand name with many crap phones and canabilizing their own flagships sales with mid-ranger. I bet if Samsung had only flagships it would have much higher brand value for its Galaxy and would not be cannabilized by its own Mid-rangers
17. sinple (Posts: 130; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
its the 80/20 rule in supply chain. s5 and note 3 will be their 80% of sales while the rest are samsung's 20% of sales, which needs much more effort to grab.
18. thephonedude (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
Look guys.. WHY ARE YOU ALL BASHING ON THIS?! I mean.. it's meant for the budget consumers.. I mean REALLY budget/poor ones..... Yes you can afford the latest and greatest, like the Z2, the iPhone 5S/6, Galaxy S5, HTC M8 and blah blah blah.. Not ALL OF THE PEOPLE can afford these beastly devices like you okay? SO STOP BASHING. God.
19. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Lol, 'First QVGA Samsung handset with Android KitKat'. Too specific specialization... BTW Stop bashing. In Emerging countries, there is no such thing called 'contract', yet there is a lot of people that can only spend
20. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Well that was a crap editing in PA, well anyway. In Emerging countries, there is no such thing called 'contract', yet there is a lot of people that can only spend a max of $50 on a phone. Of course since it's an Android, it can snatch some sales from that market.
21. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
here in asia, samsung budget phones are losing to China ODM phones which uses quicker mediatek processors, better displays, larger battery and cheaper prices.... even lenovo or alcatel is having a hard sell granted they are priced lower than samsung's... this model will compete with android phones having mtk6572 dual core soc, 4-inch wvga, unlocked dual sim dual standby, 2-4gb storage and a tantalizing 45-68$ price.... the current budget champion has mtk6582 1.3ghz quad core, 720p 5inch ips, 4gb storage, decent 8 megapixel bsi back cam, 2 megapixel front, dual sim, msd slot and design similar to iphone 5C for only $113 ^_^ called myphone rio... the nokia x which is a brand favorite here failed miserably due to its high price $135 and unfriendly GUI...
22. randomguy (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 May 2014)
Hey people there are less fortunate people in this world too...think about them!! @antonioli @antimio