Samsung SGH-I187 is a mysterious new Windows Phone model
0. phoneArena 14 Aug 2013, 03:56 posted on
A mysterious new Windows Phone handset produced by Samsung was spotted on the GFX benchmark site; the device sports a model number of SGH-I187 and is listed on the benchmark site as having a resolution of 720 x 1280. Remember, the GDR3 update will allow Windows Phone handsets to carry 1080 x 1920 FHD resolution...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
samsung captured 11.5 % windows phone market share and kicked Htc from 2nd spot without any effort, without any marketing and sold 1 million wp devices in quarter
what if they start taking windows phone seriously???
2. tacarat (Posts: 177; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
Maybe MS should be paying them instead of Nokia.
3. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
thats a bit of surprise
because samsung dont cares for wp and still they sold 1 million wp devices without a single sweat of effort...
4. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
IDC numbers are not correct.
They reported Lumia sales as 7.1 million while Nokia themselves said 7.4 million in Q2 earnings.
If you check the adduplex stats for July(Q2), Samsung has only 2% share while HTC has 11% and Nokia has 85.4%.
If the IDC report is correct then what are all those users doing without downloading apps. Why usage would be so different from sales?
5. muhsen (Posts: 259; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
this is actually digitimes report..but adduplex with its ads analysis finds that htc is the 2nd wp maker while samsung is distant third ( 11.5 % fo htc while 2% for samsung )
to tell u the truth , i find the adduplex report more close to reality, digitimes uses survey while adduplex analyzes ads coming from several millions wp devices.
and how would samsung sell 1 million wp devices when wp7 devices sales is almost zero and the only samsung global wp 8 device (ativ s ) is no where to be found while htc 8x and 8s r still being sold in most htc markets??? the samsung ativ s official page has been even taken down....while the htc 8x/8s r still on the top list of htc page.
and don't tell me that the US samsung ativ odessy made up those 1 million sales. the samsung ativ s neo hasn't hit sprint yet while the htc 8xt has hit sprint two weeks ago. so obviously and logically , htc is the 2nd windows phone maker while samsung is indeed distant third
6. McJobs (Posts: 106; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
IF WP, THEN LUMIA
better support and customer care
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2694; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I think Sammy sold 1M WPs because of their Android reputation.
8. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
They did not sell 1M WP's. IDC is report is wrong.
Read my above comment and also mushen's.
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2694; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Oh.. that's correct, still whatever figure they're selling is due to Galaxies reputations.
9. SportDriver (Posts: 30; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
They sold so many phones becuse ATIV S prices droped a lot. In my country (Slovenia) was price of Lumia 520 and Ativ S identical at 200€.
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
love too see A GALAXY S IV windows version
13. ZeroCide (Posts: 696; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Whis seems to have the same specs as the Ativ S neo