Samsung SGH-A237 is a new AT&T budget clamshell

Posted: , by PhoneArena Team

Samsung SGH-A237 is a new AT&T budget clamshell
Samsung SGH-A237 is a new AT&T budget clamshell
Samsung SGH-A237 is a new AT&T budget clamshell
AT&T will be having a new Samsung budget clamshell with model name SGH-A237. There isn’t much information about its specifications, but we know it is (probably quad-band) GSM/EDGE phone with camera and Bluetooth. It will be available in at least two color variants: with blue or red upper front cover and a black back cover. It’s too early to talk about pricing but considering current AT&T offerings it will probably be free with a contract.

These little crappy samsungs bother me. Samsung needs to bring some of their quality GSM phones to North American WITH 3G in the 850/1900 MHz bands.

posted on 04 Aug 2008, 11:41

2. love4fones (unregistered)

i agree if another one of these crappy sammys come to att il go crazy.....ahem samsung wheres the omnia?? GSM alias??

posted on 04 Aug 2008, 20:21

3. Mgjio10494 (unregistered)

Cough*and the soul with american 3G*cough

posted on 03 Sep 2008, 09:34

The low end samsung phones are horrible, thank ogd they are doing away with the a437...biggest peice of garbage out there...

posted on 04 Nov 2008, 02:47

5. itssooooooeasytouse (unregistered)

One hundred pages of instructions because its sooooooooo easy to use, yeah right!

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 21:29

6. avenuegirl (unregistered)

I absolutely love the clamshell phones, and am looking forward to a newer model. I renewed my contract, got a different phone and was so unhappy with the look and feel of it I went for a used model of the samsung similar to what I had. The samsung clamshell did not only just "feel right" but was simple to use. The thing took quite the beating and still worked great. Not to mention the battery life was 5 times longer than the newer fancy stupid camera phone I had picked up. The only reason I had switched in the first place was because I had finally smacked the screen on my phone by accident and couldn't read who I was calling or who was calling me. I realize my reception is not quite as good using the older model still, and yet I would rather feel the samsung in my hand and on my face. I am looking to get a newer model only to improve the reception. I don't need anything crazy, I just like to use the phone to make calls. Get rid of the camera - just make a simple phone. Less things means less problems. Listen up samsung - go real simple with good battery and reception. Let the phone be just a phone again.