Samsung Rugby III for AT&T is announced offering military-grade durability and Enhanced PTT service
0. phoneArena 29 Nov 2012, 09:34 posted on
Stand back, kids, and hide away those fancy-pants smartphones of yours. The Samsung Rugby III has just been announced, offering military-grade resilience to the elements paired with Enhanced PTT service from AT&T. The fifth-gen Rugby series phone can survive all kinds of torture, including drops and shock, all the while being highly resistant to water and dust damage...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. -box- (Posts: 3879; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
About time. The Rugby2 has been long-in-the-tooth for the last 2 years.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5954; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Military is moving to smartphones (Android seems to have more interest from U.S. military community). I suspect the new Rugby will see more use in construction job sites.
5. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
$99.99 for any on contract flip phone is ridiculous.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5954; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Meh. Job sites with harsh environments are natural users for the Rugby. Construction and warehouses immediately come to mind. There is no way a smartphone will survive one week in those places. $99 is probably the number that will get those customers to upgrade.
7. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Don't forget it is a MILITARY Standard phone..., which means Extremely high durability, that means 100x stronger than standard flip phones.
8. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
i WOULD go for the Casio Military android smartphone instead...