Samsung Q4 earnings leak claims $5.5 billion in mobile profits
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:12
Samsung hasn't officially announced its Q4 earnings numbers just yet, but there are already some leaks coming out of Korea that are claiming that Samsung is looking at some huge numbers, especially compared to the disappointing report we saw from HTC earlier today. If the leak is correct, Samsung could have made a crazy $8 billion in profits in Q4 of 2012...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. nyuhsuk posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:18 1
They could be mixing up wons and $. 1000W very roughly equals a $1.
7. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:21 6
Very interesting to see Apple's results. SS's results was never in doubt.
12. MichaelHeller posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:46 3
You're right. meant 5.45 billion, just missed the decimal point. sorry about that. 5.8 trillion won translates to $5.45 billion according to Google.
15. dan86 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 12:02 7
King Samsung. Happy to see a company growing which satisfy the need of people.
3. santy posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:16 1
I dont think any company ever has posted $545 billion in profits ..ever !!!!
11. MichaelHeller posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:46 4
yep, definitely missed the decimal point on that one. those decimals cause a lot of trouble.
13. GALAXY-STORM posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:49 6
Lol if this true (545 billion in a single quarter)then they should be able to unleash hell on apple and buy them out. Just kidding..
8. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:29 8
Well deserved Samsung. They are and will continue to be clearly the BEST.
28. PapaSmurf posted on 07 Jan 2013, 19:53 0
Yeah. I kind of promoted PA over a year ago, and several people from PD came over haha.
24. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 07 Jan 2013, 14:11 0
With along SONY HTC LG AND MOTO and all other Android should be doing well, and let's leave the "Fruit to tumble" o and also .BB and Nokia......!
10. drnggaj33 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:43 2
get them samsung .....one billion $ law suite is nothing apple keep on sueing as sam gets $$$$
16. mrochester (unregistered) posted on 07 Jan 2013, 12:20 3
Samsung are obviously ripping off customers. They should stop being so greedy and make all of their devices cheaper.
17. drnggaj33 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 12:28 1
so paying for a iphone5 32 299$ 64gb 399$ is ok really ....think man they're selling a s3 for 100$ new contrect
18. MichaelHeller posted on 07 Jan 2013, 12:57 3
Of course, if Samsung did that, it would lower the valuation of the entire company and seriously piss off investors. Remember businesses exist to make investors happy, not customers.
26. mrochester (unregistered) posted on 07 Jan 2013, 14:58 0
At least someone gets it!
27. MichaelHeller posted on 07 Jan 2013, 15:45 0
I've said it before, I'll say it again: we need better punctuation for conveying tone on the web. Technically, reverse italics is used for sarcasm, but there's no good way to do that online.
Anyway, sorry I missed that!
21. Shino posted on 07 Jan 2013, 13:07 0
These numbers are with or without the $1,1 billion fine?
23. aahmed215 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 14:11 2
Without. Samsung hasn't paid the fine yet and doesn't have to yet. They can challenge the decision.
25. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 07 Jan 2013, 14:13 0
We are all hoping the Apple to lose...!