Samsung Q4 earnings leak claims $5.5 billion in mobile profits
The mobile division is what we're really focused on though, and those profits are expected to be even higher, at around 5.8 trillion won, which is twice as much as Q4 2011, and translates to about $5.45 billion in profits from the mobile division alone. If the estimates are to be believed, Samsung also sold an amazing 500 devices per minute in Q4 2012.
6. nyuhsuk (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Sep 2009)
They could be mixing up wons and $. 1000W very roughly equals a $1.
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
Very interesting to see Apple's results. SS's results was never in doubt.
12. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2663; Member since: 26 May 2011)
You're right. meant 5.45 billion, just missed the decimal point. sorry about that. 5.8 trillion won translates to $5.45 billion according to Google.
15. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
King Samsung. Happy to see a company growing which satisfy the need of people.
3. santy (Posts: 42; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
I dont think any company ever has posted $545 billion in profits ..ever !!!!
11. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2663; Member since: 26 May 2011)
yep, definitely missed the decimal point on that one. those decimals cause a lot of trouble.
13. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Lol if this true (545 billion in a single quarter)then they should be able to unleash hell on apple and buy them out. Just kidding..
5. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1154; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Are we sure it's billion or is it million?
8. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Well deserved Samsung. They are and will continue to be clearly the BEST.
19. oister85 (Posts: 394; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
You use to comment in phone dog too right
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7733; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yeah. I kind of promoted PA over a year ago, and several people from PD came over haha.
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
With along SONY HTC LG AND MOTO and all other Android should be doing well, and let's leave the "Fruit to tumble" o and also .BB and Nokia......!
10. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
get them samsung .....one billion $ law suite is nothing apple keep on sueing as sam gets $$$$
16. mrochester (unregistered)
Samsung are obviously ripping off customers. They should stop being so greedy and make all of their devices cheaper.
17. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
so paying for a iphone5 32 299$ 64gb 399$ is ok really ....think man they're selling a s3 for 100$ new contrect
18. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2663; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Of course, if Samsung did that, it would lower the valuation of the entire company and seriously piss off investors. Remember businesses exist to make investors happy, not customers.
20. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
/s means sarcasm
he is being sarcastic
26. mrochester (unregistered)
At least someone gets it!
27. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2663; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I've said it before, I'll say it again: we need better punctuation for conveying tone on the web. Technically, reverse italics is used for sarcasm, but there's no good way to do that online.
Anyway, sorry I missed that!
21. Shino (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
These numbers are with or without the $1,1 billion fine?
23. aahmed215 (Posts: 76; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Without. Samsung hasn't paid the fine yet and doesn't have to yet. They can challenge the decision.
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
We are all hoping the Apple to lose...!