Samsung Orb coming to Samsung Galaxy S IV for 360 degree photos?
0. phoneArena 22 Feb 2013, 08:31 posted on
An unnamed software engineer who claims to be working on the Samsung Galaxy S IV is singing like a bird and is talking about a feature on the upcoming flagship device that is called "Samsung Orb" and is similar to the 360 degree Photosphere feature that is available for those models running on Android 4.2; the pictures are said to look almost three-dimensional...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Galaxy SIV gonna crush all competition. Soon, it will be only apple and samsung. HTC has junk batteries, windows phone is terrible.Blackberry? LOL
9. cR203 (Posts: 166; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I agree. The galaxy s4 will indeed crush all competition.
13. ebubekir26 (Posts: 305; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
i Agree Samsung will change the Smartphone exsperience
but come on don't bash other phones
24. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Lol if this is Sammy's idea of innovation, then they are headed down the path like apple....it's called jelly bean 4.2 ...not particularly new Sammy....
3. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
i really want to see that phone now... can u move it on March 1? haha :D
my eyes are on HTC One at this moment and dubbed it as the best android smartphone in the market..
5. ajac09 (Posts: 1167; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
If I was to choose a phone TODAY.. the gnote 2 or the gs3 over the htc one. Just wasnt that impressive.
6. cezarepc (Posts: 440; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I'd pick Xperia Z over any other phone, even if the GS4 comes out.
29. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
then pick it up :D
its ur choice
but HTC One is smarter than XZ atliz in ds cases> screen, UI, audio quality, look, maybe the camera(well we are yet to see comparisons, so just "maybe"), processor
7. p0rkguy (Posts: 675; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Sadly true, sucks for HTC. Everybody in the market for a new phone will be suggested the Note2 or the S3, i5 if the buyer wanted a small phone.
28. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
i myself is thinking of the note2 rather than htc One coz im still after touchwiz and the spen and reliable camera.. the videos taken by gs3 and note2 are of d best quality right now.. the images are not the best but theyr one of the best :D
8. harshithh (Posts: 12; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
i still feel sony is best in terms of quality,display ,camera and audio!!!atleast for me!!!love u sony!!!
10. rizevnarastek (Posts: 307; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Bollocks... Like that's something new? It's Sphere and it's in ther Android camera. And HTC One takes 360 photos as well as far as I know.
11. caustictoast (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
So photospheres? Not exactly new on my Nexus 4.
33. darkskoliro (Posts: 843; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Rebranded software. Just like android beam was to s beam.
14. faisal8708 (Posts: 104; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
is tht innovation? seems to me tht its just a case of brandin differently. not so much difference btw samsung and apple now
18. maccess (Posts: 452; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
did samsung ever said that's an innovation like apple did with their product??
20. faisal8708 (Posts: 104; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
they did tht with smart stay and if not why rebrand it
21. Klamba92 (Posts: 163; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I don't know about you but smart stay is one of my favourite features along with the camera and multi window on my galaxy s3. I love smart stay so much that I got it on my nexus 7 as well. So its a great feature for me better innovation than apple IMO! However I did say my next phone will be a Nexus or the Motorola X phone.
25. SleepingOz (Posts: 2385; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Don't mind him, dude. He's just feeling the heat..
30. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
u havnt seen the whole feature yet.. samsung claimed it to be more advanced than the photosphere, so lets just wait if it really does, and when it doesnt hen thats d ryt time to call it w/o innovation
15. draconic1991 (Posts: 75; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I have an s3 and i hope it receives the update...
22. Klamba92 (Posts: 163; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Well it will get photosphere when its gets updated to 4.2 it it gets updated that is!
38. draconic1991 (Posts: 75; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
according to the leaked rom it's not getting photosphere :(
16. akki20892 (Posts: 2305; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
you better watch out to Nokia EOS 41MP............!!!
19. alila2 (Posts: 116; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Samsung we need some teasers of the device already .
27. mydi.maus (unregistered)
copycat copycat, Gs4..
31. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
thats an open feature for all android, it is just the way you make it smarter dude..
32. NateAdam8 (Posts: 130; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
HTC just needs to improve battery life then put a MicroSD Slot on there Flagship Devices and it'd be better then Samsung and Apple will continue being made for Women
35. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3521; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The One has a bigger battery than the DNA with a smaller screen, less intensive UI, more efficient processor, and probably a few added software tweaks for battery enhancement; I think that will add up to great battery life.
Also, does someone really need a micro SD card slot for a phone that has 32 and 64 GB options? Only if they're in the 1% of all the smartphone users in the world who actually do use more than that, and no manufacturer is trying to appease the 1% of consumers when the 99% are already happy with the existing amount of memory.
36. nasznjoka (Posts: 220; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Very very much, an sd card is portable flexible not only keeps data but a good way to share and transfer bulk data. Also for the phone's security some data may be too risky to stay on the p phone directly. Don't you wonder why they sell 40 m with a phone so called ugly? (though I don't really understand why guys say that, you want a beautiful phone, your girl?
37. mydi.maus (unregistered)
Samsung orb?its still an android divice(phone) photo sphere is better..