Samsung Nexus Prime gets full frontal exposure, Android Ice Cream Sandwich too
0. phoneArena 07 Oct 2011, 05:08 posted on
We are indeed seeing what might be the first shots of Android Ice Cream Sandwich, if this leak holds water, and the future seems bright. While the front is interesting, it would be great to see the metal back and the curved chassis up close and personal, not to mention to solve the 5MP or 8MP dilemma once and for all, but Tuesday is close enough...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Too elongated!! The icons are not appealing but other than that, that is the most sexiest and most fluid UI i have ever seen. AND I WANT ONE NOW!!!
22. KEVlN (Posts: 83; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Same here... Not a big fan of the new icons but everything else is blowing my mind! And I have a feeling that other non-amoled displays aren't gonna look good with ICS (on screen buttons). With superamoled, the blacks kind of blend in with the plastic so it looks good and meshes well together... but with a LCD display i don't think it will look too good. C'mon HTC, trust samsung and go back to amoled!
63. Lucas777 (Posts: 2115; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
idk doesnt the metro influence and the photorealism look a little funny together?
2. airestotle (unregistered)
damn i wanted this... too bad its not for sprint..
10. lemenade (Posts: 31; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
i feel for you my brother.I my sprint premire upgrade was about to expire so i had to get the galaxy s2.The very next day the leaked the video for the prime.
20. engwee (unregistered)
I don't feel for you, everyone knew nexus prime was coming out next week, this video changes nothing in a decision to buy a phone or not.
64. remixfa (Posts: 13885; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
who said it wasnt for sprint? there is a RUMORED VZW exclusivity window. If that is true or not, that has nothing to do with it coming out on other carriers. I got a feeling this phone will be on all carriers. Who would pass it up??
77. p0rkguy (Posts: 671; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Hopefully it becomes available when my 2 contract is up.
I got the Evo 2 months after it was released.
70. Commentator (Posts: 1874; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Don't fret, it'll probably only be exclusive to vzw for a while. Other carriers could get it by the holidays, or if not, at least by January.
3. boby (unregistered)
Woww, meet all the hype!
4. Zoenphlux (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
Absolutely beautiful. Between the curved screen and the the fluid of ICS (assuming this is all real) That phone is def. the one im getting. Is it me or does a lot of the motion look as fluid as that other guy...you know..the um..fruit ppl.
39. justme (unregistered)
Not looking to bribe, but it looks as fluid as my G2x running 2.3.3. I'm loving the looks of ICS though, and the Nexus Prime's shape and AMOLED+ICS combo make for a very sleek phone.
49. Knicknevin (Posts: 130; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)
Not looking to bribe?? It appears as though a different word was meant there.
88. justme (unregistered)
Bingo. Gold star to NeXoS.
5. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
No Home button is nice, go go Nexus Prime is a new super smartphone from Samsung.
6. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1057; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Hmmm? I though it had a 4'56? Screen? O well..n and ICS is looking good..:)
16. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
its 4.65 inch screen, that was the rumor
17. ayephoner (Posts: 832; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
it doesnt? does it just look small in the video?
so the row of "buttons" on the bottom is actually part of the screen, right? do they ever go away? (like when watching video or playing full screen games?) if not, wouldnt that mess up the screen ratio? i dont think they would do that.
26. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That's my ligering question. With a 1280x720 screen it'd be silly not to be able to watch video at full 720p width.
54. NeXoS (Posts: 277; Member since: 03 May 2011)
True, that's one thing I hated about Honeycomb, the UI bar wastes the screen and you can go into true full screen.
I hope the UI bar auto hides and you can make it reappear with a motion swype over the screen.
62. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's not so bad with a Honeycomb tablet though. Most are 1280x800 and thus have extra lines available for the bar.
65. remixfa (Posts: 13885; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yes, part of that 4.65 inch screen is the bottom row of buttons which probably takes around 0.3inches give or take.. which means the actual usable screen is around 4.3 inches.
7. warlockz (unregistered)
Nah it has to be coming to other carriers. Vwz may have exclusive rights for a short period we will see Tuesday all the facts I don't want to have high expectations, look what happened to the iphone 4s what a huge let down.
8. tharag (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
lots of leaks are showered....but lets just wait for the picture to be clear on tuesday....
9. THE_GAME5 (Posts: 35; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
We miss PETER THE GREAT......where r u man........
Phonearena is not the same without u.......
Come on Phonearena....give us some Bada news.......lol
13. kkk (unregistered)
Damm.. its diffcult to see actual screen bezel width on top and bottom.
14. Phenom 19-0 (unregistered)
The iPhone 4S will be blown away....
15. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Dam! ICS looking damn beautiful... Cant wait to see what its like running with htc sense or touchwiz or motoblur!
19. rich7sena (unregistered)
Looks like most phones with ICS will require slightly larger displays with the omission of the capacitive guide buttons.
I know a lot of users here are drinking the Android Kool-aid but there is nothing from this impression that screams and intuitive and fluid OS. It looks more fluid than Gingerbread but still a far cry from either iOS or WP7.
I am looking forward, though, to other devices and what else we are getting from ICS.
21. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
I like android, but 4.65" screen is too big for me. Will suit fat hands perfectly.
28. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Keep in mind that this is a 16:9 screen where most phones (except newer HTC and Motorolas) are 15:9. The screen is no wider than the current crop of 4.3 inchers, and the bezel is pretty narrow. The phone doesn't look that big overall.
30. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Yeah this phone looks somewhat smaller than a GS2.
33. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Certainly more manageable than the 4.5" Galaxy SIIs on T-Mo/Sprint.
23. mgjot (unregistered)
This is nexus s with ICS no nexus prime. Take a look on up and downside frame. There is a pretty huge gap between screen and the edge of frame.
32. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
If they didn't have some gap between the top/bottom of the screen and the top/bottom of the phone, there'd be no room for speakers, microphones or antennae.
34. protozeloz (Posts: 5191; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I can't see the camera on this device well, but it looks like its far left that the S but if this is the S then im even more impressed
37. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
This is definitely not the Nexus S. The shape isn't as rounded and there are no capacitive buttons. The resemblance is there, but that's not surprising given they're both Samsungs. I believe we are looking at the real Prime... and I like it.
40. protozeloz (Posts: 5191; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
same here, I only wish they already added the screenshot mode, those pics where taking using the classic USB debug method
24. protozeloz (Posts: 5191; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Talk about tease, looking good :-D and ics looks similar to the leaks we had I want this update to have hardware acceleration!
27. henrickrw (Posts: 402; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Not convinced yet. Will wait & see what happens.
29. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
This looks great. But i like to see a HTC nexus again..
38. sojizy (Posts: 24; Member since: 30 Aug 2008)
Yeah me too. Love my nexus one. Super amoled hd is the best tho
31. Eingild (Posts: 203; Member since: 19 Apr 2011)
I'm kinda disappointed. Oh well, the ICS looks promising so I guess the overall UI improvement is a great compensation for a so-so hardware design.
42. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Those screenshots threw out my reasons for wanting the Vigor/Sense. Apps on the unlock screen, smooth looking interface... this is my next phone.
41. protozeloz (Posts: 5191; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
lol I bet you can tell bro, didn't your teacher had an S? but again no physical buttons and leaks tell it will resemble the S, One way to tell for sure, a picture of the side
36. remyrz (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
but it doesn't have psychical buttons so i t makes me think different
43. sojizy (Posts: 24; Member since: 30 Aug 2008)
Seems like the announcement was postponed by Samsung and Google. No ICS or Prime next week. Letdown
44. protozeloz (Posts: 5191; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
postponed? source please
EDIT: found it
:( wonder why
maybe jobs death?
45. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Best case scenario....late emerging bug fixes. I'd rather they fix them before launch.
46. protozeloz (Posts: 5191; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Or Steve jobs death, many guys at Google respected him a lot
48. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Could be. It would take something pretty significant to delay such a major Android launch.
Actually, best case scenario is they wanted to be able to announce it November 2 and start selling it the next day on Verizon. :D
47. firstname.lastname@example.org (unregistered)
So it will prob b released by Nov to vwz and other carriers by next year around the time sg3 will be released overseas lol
51. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
not gona buy if it does not have 720p resolution or Sammy's processors....
53. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5178; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Its probably fake. Ill wairlt till Samsung offically announce the phone.