Samsung Nexus Prime appears on video, promises to be "BIG"
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2011, 01:49 posted on
Oh, Samsung, you know how to time this, don’t you? Just a day after the underwhelming iPhone 4S announcement yesterday, comes a video teaser of…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
And wide and thin. This is obviously more worth the hype.
4. E.N. (Posts: 2362; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Don't get your hopes too high. Definitely learned my lesson.
22. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Yeah I wouldn't put my hopes high, but android has an advantage over apple. If the os comes with some interesting tweaks, even if the device is a disappointment the os will run in a device that won't.
But I'll save all my hopes and all I have to say about ics for a couple of hours after the announcement, that way I avoid the feedback effect my words falling on my head. But this update must be used to take wind of the competition even if I don't want the nexus to be mainstream should be the the thing to do
28. remixfa (Posts: 14168; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
samsung underpromises and over delivers. something tells me there is stuff in here that we havent heard of yet.
well thats the hope.
dont dissapoint sammy, or we will all be crying beside the ibots!! lol
31. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4432; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
remixfa, I agree. Samsung always comes out in a humble way. Then when you get their device in your hand it's like you have time traveled into the future. Samsung phones since the Galaxy S have been almost unfairly ahead of its time. They trail-blaze while almost every one follows. The Google Nexus Prime, will indeed do the SAME. The poor iPhone 4S is following a different path, a path trail-blazed by RIM. That path leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering! Queue the Empire Theme song........ lol
36. remixfa (Posts: 14168; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lolol. always love a well placed starwars pun.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5954; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Looks like Sammy may have beat Apple to the punch on a curved display.
You can't accuse Sammy of doing warmed-over handsets. The gang in Cupertino could learn a thing or two from Sammy.
34. mmarceau (unregistered)
The Nexus S already had a curved display earlier this year when it was released. The beat apple to that a long time ago.
33. kenshiro (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Sep 2011)
The display is not curved, that is the back plate.
35. mmarceau (unregistered)
if you look at the picture again, you can clearly see that is the screen. if you look on the bottom side you can see where the camera protrudes. it's definitely curved glass.
58. twenti7 (Posts: 152; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
You're 50/50. The display itself isn't curved, but the glass over (and body around) it is.
55. srly (unregistered)
My opinion is that it is not as curved as you think... If you zoom in on the picture you can see the curve of the device doesn't actually start till the letter G in "BIG" and gradually curves as you move right. Allday28 pointed out that it's a tablet sitting on top of the phone which had me zoom in and you can see two different devices. Can't wait for the truth! Hurry up samsung and google!
3. Dapsta88 (unregistered)
This 30 second spot beats out the 90 minute Apple disaster from yesterday.
The one picture beats Apple's event! Samsung is not playing games.
49. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
funny thing is, it looks like an apple ad.
i hope apple sues them for this, just for the laughs.
i am now infinitely more excited for this event. please, sammy, win me over so i dont have to buy an under renovated 4S.
64. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
not really..all of apples adds shows the device being used in some ''magical''way
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
*hopes I get some time to pay attention to CTIA on October 11th*
6. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
oh my gosh it's curved. i'm touching myself. :D
7. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
That was a beautiful commercial..........
8. s (unregistered)
it looks better than all the previous nexus phones but i mean why curved flat screen is good enough
9. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
at first i thought i was looking at the volume button on the right side of the phone below the power button. but it seems to me three small round things? is it some sort of charging device. also its definitely more curved then my nexus s. it even appears to have legs to keep it from rolling. the power button is curved.
if any of you guys have not tested the nexus s. well the curve is the ideal shape. one thing i dont like its multicolored and not metal. oh well im still looking forward to this phone. the curve just makes it feel more natural when your using it to make calls
it has no keyboard. im sort of getting used to it on my nexus
10. shink106 (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
you know samsung and google are being a lot more innovative than apple when you think about how iphone 4 is not really different than iphone 2g.........
apple is just greedy.
11. somebody (unregistered)
isheep should see our android nexus prime sexy design and forget their NEW iphone 4s s**t and boring design! :D
12. sethyvball (Posts: 46; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Hmmm... im not too sure what to think about the curviness of the screen. We'll have to see when Tuesday comes won't we?
13. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Thats the real and big announcement. apple ur bad time start now
14. cheetah2k (Posts: 869; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Notice the 3 gold dots on the side. I'd guess that means a landscape dock will be available at or after launch :)
15. dj (unregistered)
big=8 inch screen
16. mark1 (unregistered)
plzzzzz NUXUS PRIME come to tmoblie
plzzz have a dual mic like nexus one has for noise cancellation
19. pongkie (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
If its really curved it would be nice in the pocket
20. ongbrucie (unregistered)
i think its a desk tablet :))
21. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Look at the right side of the device could it be for a special dock? I wonder...
23. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
This may be my next phone, when my upgrade comes in January
25. Windsponge (Posts: 92; Member since: 01 Nov 2009)
This will be my next phone and I have owned 4 iphones last being with Verizon. Apple trying to live off past. Sumsung has big ones if you ask me.
26. Mooooo (Posts: 212; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
My nexus S curve does feel natural in your hands.
I too been waiting for this new Nexus.
Bring on the new flagship for Google!
27. Kshell1 (unregistered)
the iphone killer has risen
29. remixfa (Posts: 14168; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
looks like a high tech surf board. i want it! :)
32. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
I heard some rumors that the Prime will have an AT&T model, but that doesn't make too much sense since they just released the GS2 like Sprint and TMo... is it 'fairly' certain that it will just be on VZW????
37. NexusPrime (unregistered)
Who would have thought I'd be more looking forward to the tuesday after October 4th?
38. henrickrw (Posts: 407; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
i can definetly approve that this handset hype will be far away better than the iphone 4s failure. i will stick to my gs2 but the prime will make steve jobs & tim cook nightmares even worst. and yes i know there is a lot of apple fanboys out there that are considering the jump to android. android all the way
39. acrano (unregistered)
how will it be a landscape dock if the 3 pin connectors are on the same side as the power toggle, hopefully there will be a multimedia hd dock
41. asrr62 (Posts: 51; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
cant wait for this thingy. :) this is innovation unlike iphone fours .
42. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 400; Member since: 24 May 2011)
apple with their more than disappointing announcement today better watch out coz the nexus prime is gona shatter any phone out there on pure specs/looks/functionality/you name it..
43. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
How is this gonna fit in my pocket?........with a case......looks uncomfortable.
44. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
they say its your average android phone without the 4 buttons at the bottom and the screen in all that space
46. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
I'm more concerned about the curve. Not the width and height.
45. Allday28 (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
So what would be the point of a curved display?? I dont know if I will really like that..
47. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
that is the ugliest phone I have ever seen.. I dont care how big it is... I can see it lagging already..
65. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
so you are an apple fanboy...just like most apple fanboys you make judgements without even seeing or using the device...one thing for sure it wont be disappointing as the 4s
68. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well didnt fandroids did the same with the iphone without even knowing the specs... hmmmm same thing dude... we dealt with it .. now is your turn... sir to turn the other cheek
48. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
this is just what samsung needed... iphone 4s to kinda dissapoint (honestly i am very dissapointed) and then nexus prime to come put with a bang! :D
52. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
what are you going to do..kick me out... hmmmm so you can hate on Apple but cannot be done to you.. ... huh... ohhh
59. jacko (unregistered)
dont worry mate his still butt hurt from the failed apple 4s today
69. s (unregistered)
dont worry that chicken is just sad cus his crapple failed