Samsung Nexus 10 gets shown off in photos!
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Oct 2012, 13:40
Google's upcoming high-resolution 10.1" tablet has been revealed in photos. Check it out to see what Samsung and Google have in store for us Monday...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. jumbolump posted on 26 Oct 2012, 13:48 34 1
Looks cheap to me. Possibly could be from the picture quality though.
42. CellularNinja posted on 26 Oct 2012, 15:07 17 2
Keep in mind as well as this is most likely a prototype, so it's not going to be the most photogenic thing ever. Plus, it isn't even clean looking so that takes away from whatever design beauty there might be.
76. Dr.Phil posted on 26 Oct 2012, 18:32 3 1
Also keep in mind the rumored targeted price range at around $300. You might not get an edge-to-edge screen or anything fancy in terms of design for that price, but I think Google is showing that it's not just so much the design as what the device is capable of doing. And like CellularNinja said, this is probably a prototype that we are seeing. It's pretty evident by the scratches and wear on the backside as well as the front (someone has been playing with device an awful lot it seems like).
78. Nadr1212 posted on 26 Oct 2012, 18:55 0 1
Hopefully, that's a Galaxy Note 10.1
84. dickwyn posted on 26 Oct 2012, 21:45 7 2
looking cheap doesn't make it a bad device. look at the iPhone its so premium.....
14. himanish26 posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:00 13 44
C'mon what do you except from Samsung... Their products are always ugly, cheap and has no class...
33. SmartPhoneStream posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:42 27 5
Your comment might be true for certain Samsung Phones, but at least they can make up for it in performance, something apple is far behind on
44. deuel_18 posted on 26 Oct 2012, 15:11 8 1
thats actually true..their student edition of the Galaxy tab 2 white was a good one
34. PhoneArenaUser posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:43 13 4
"Class" is the most important thing for you when you are buying device?
You are buying functionality or "class"?
How you identify which device has "class" and which hasn't?
I'm just curious.
51. p0rkguy posted on 26 Oct 2012, 15:28 16 3
His definition of class is an Apple logo.
64. JunitoNH posted on 26 Oct 2012, 16:07 2 2
Your right too bad it wasn't Asus. Samsung support surely not the best.
65. jan25 posted on 26 Oct 2012, 16:12 1 2
ugly? may be but i would rather get a phone/tablet that is more functional than a "classy" one. that's why Samsung is doing great despite their ugly designs.
99. IliyaBeshkov posted on 27 Oct 2012, 05:31 3 1
Lol If you drop an iPhone 5 you will have to buy a 100$ for a new back cover... And if you drop a plastic device you will have to buy 5-10$ back cover... Money doesn't grow on tree, do you now it ?
24. The.Dark.Knight.Rises posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:30 8 1
Woohoo! Let the fireworks begin!!! Am always so excited when new apple, google or Samsung products are being announced.
30. darac posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:40 5 4
I love this design.
Bronze aluminum casing and super sleek profile - two thumbs up from me
82. darkkjedii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 20:59 2 3
And yet not one's done it.
85. Savage posted on 26 Oct 2012, 21:58 2 2
Almost every new tablet this year has...
Oh wait! I forgot you were talking about sales. Figures. After all, what other argument do Apple fanboys have except sales?
87. darkkjedii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 22:24 2 2
I'm not a fanboy. I'm an iOS and android user, please explain how every other tablet has beaten the iPad other than cuz u don't like it, and prefer something else. Nothing has beaten the iPad, and it hasn't beaten the others. If the one u have suits u then it's the best for, and to u.
94. Savage posted on 26 Oct 2012, 23:41 2 2
If you used iOS and android, you would clearly see android offers more features. What is your reason that your prefer iOS? Stability and Smoothness? This isn't 2009, both are at par. Ease of use? More like dumbed down and features not put.
iPad is a glorious product but mostly for entertainment purposes. It doesn't have productivity as that of a Note, nor is as powerful as a Transformer. Its best for games and videos. iPad Mini is a disappointment plus the upcoming Surface is a beast. What makes the iPad relevant now are only its apps.
97. darkkjedii posted on 27 Oct 2012, 03:58 1 2
My use of both platforms is y I feel the way I do. I like both approaches, liking one doesn't make me hate the other dude. U have your opinion, I have mine.
89. darkkjedii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 22:31 2 3
Oh, and one more thing. Sales that r not returned represent satisfaction. The bottom line for any "for profit company" is sales not returned. Y do u think Samsung boasted about 20 million gs3 sales? Cuz that's the bottom line dude, Sammy, apple, Htc, Motorola, and whoever else aren't giving away devices. They sell them, and hope u don't return them. Think about bro sales r what's its all about.
104. willard12 posted on 27 Oct 2012, 13:08 0 0
What do you mean by "beaten?" Are you counting sales or features? I'm just curious what metrics you are using to determine what tablet is better.
110. belovedson posted on 27 Oct 2012, 18:08 0 0
what difference does it make if it appears ugly or not? its going to be sitting inside a case anyways. a case makes just about any electric product look like the next item
also i really don't see how some of you consider the ipad attractive. i own one and its just a square with a circle dingle berry in the middle.
Samsung simply make better ergonomic products. for example ever since i have sold the nexus lte i'm constantly looking for the power button on the right hand side. having the power button on top is just stupid.
that's just of many things. i am positive if i have this nexus pad it would feel so much better in the hands than the ipad. the one button thing is incredibly incredibly annoying.
2. Twisted247 posted on 26 Oct 2012, 13:45 10 4
Amazing! This is exactly what I hoped I was waiting for, good thing to look at on the first check of the day..
This will run nicely with the Gn2,.. Nexus 10 > ipad4 ..... Duh
26. The.Dark.Knight.Rises posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:34 4 15
And has much better gpu and apple swift CPU.
28. The.Dark.Knight.Rises posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:38 2 17
It's has a 5MP iSight camera with advanced optics, backside illumination, hybrid IR filter etc. ipad also appears to be thinner and has the more professional look than this ****.
29. The.Dark.Knight.Rises posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:39 3 14
And therefore ipad 4>nexus 10
32. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:42 7 4
Forever alone much?
49. Santi_Santi posted on 26 Oct 2012, 15:23 0 2
i guess youre always talking in a language any non-iDiot can understand
35. SmartPhoneStream posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:43 7 3
The Exynos 5 would cream the A6X
43. darkkjedii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 15:08 3 4
Would it really? And just how do u know that?
105. willard12 posted on 27 Oct 2012, 13:10 0 0
Because the maker of the chip knows it's capabilities and how to make a better one.
36. darac posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:44 7 2
Much better GPU than Mali 605? Better chip than Exynos 5?
Why do you even bother posting, moron?
86. The.Dark.Knight.Rises posted on 26 Oct 2012, 22:04 2 1
Yes the GPU is superior is double the performance the ipad 3 offered which was already the highest in the industry.
91. KingKurogiii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 23:07 0 1
is it double? i don't think it was quite that much, it think it was like half of the strength of the MP4 more max.
54. abdane posted on 26 Oct 2012, 15:34 7 4
88. darkkjedii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 22:26 2 2
Is that the best response u can say? Kill yourself? Why cuz he stands for the product he likes?
67. KingKurogiii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 16:42 3 1
actually if this has a Exynos 5250 then it will destroy the iPad in terms of power. it will destroy EVERYTHING in terms of power.
69. acandia91 posted on 26 Oct 2012, 16:50 2 2
Whats the point for all the power when it doesnt really have the apps to prove it.
Dont get me wrong it could beat the ipad, but consumers these days don't care about power.
Thats why i have an ipad because i could play amazing games in the app store..
71. KingKurogiii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 17:03 2 2
maybe you should get your head out of all the apps and really think about what draws out the power in these Tablets. because of a powerful GPU like this this Tablet is going to be rocking a 2560x1600 resolution display and then what games that do come out optimized for this SoC are going to be at Xbox 360 Launch Title level, that's not an exaggeration. look up the demos for the 5250, you'll find videos and then of course 1080p video streaming will be smoother, web browsing will be excellent, downloads and installations instant and more, that's just all i could think of right now. typical iPad owner...what about the apps? heh.
90. darkkjedii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 22:45 3 2
Will it use its power for good, or evil? Will it stand for truth, justice, and the American way? Will it rescue a kitten from a tree. Superexynos!!!
92. KingKurogiii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 23:08 2 1
lol, good one. xD
98. darkkjedii posted on 27 Oct 2012, 04:19 1 1
Good to see u have a sense of humor bro, as I was only joking around. I was watching superman when I posted that lol.
41. chronopc posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:54 5 2
The iPad is rectangular with curved edges. Same design as the iPod, iTouch, iPhone, i(insert anything here).
You're already with the cool kids since you bough an Apple product. You don't need to come here and start trolling.
57. Zero0 posted on 26 Oct 2012, 15:41 2 0
I agree. Too bad we can't all share in such a simple design, because evidently the Galaxy Tab looks exactly like the iPad, despite having a different aspect ratio, a Samsung logo, and no iPad logo.
3. mohamed_noor posted on 26 Oct 2012, 13:47 5 1
curvy? hope apple doesn't sue a case against this .
16. sadaivadai posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:01 3 1
Come on .. They will not sue on anything which is rectangular in shape .. They are not that stup*d ..
Oh wait .. I am in third world ..
5. AustinPaul posted on 26 Oct 2012, 13:48 1 0
If i didn't already have an iPad2 (meh, but adequate for now) and a Nexus7 (yes!), then I would definitely get one - no question. I'm sure I'll end up with some version of it at some point in the future.
17. KingKurogiii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:02 5 0
sell your N7 and your iPad and bury the cost to get a N10. c:
7. ocilfa posted on 26 Oct 2012, 13:51 2 1
This in itself is a killer tab, but they need to make it 400 to level the playing field.
8. jed27 posted on 26 Oct 2012, 13:52 8 3
I am an Android fan, but the iPad looks better than this. Oh, Samsung.. The brown/bronze doesn't do any favor to the already weird shape of this tablet.