Samsung NX mirrorless camera leaks with TouchWiz on board
0. phoneArena 14 Jun 2013, 04:03 posted on
It's not only the Galaxy S4 Zoom, Android lovers, Samsung is prepping a more serious camera with TouchWiz for an interface. The Samsung NX camera leaked in press shots and in flesh, confirmed for announcement at Sammy's press event next week in London...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JMartin22 (Posts: 1889; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Putting advanced computational operating systems on DSLRs is a smart move Samsung has finally done. It's what they should have done, instead of focusing on these half-baked Galaxy Camera line-ups.
17. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
This better give all the options the typical DSLR provides or its a garbage.
Also Touchwiz is famous for getting stuck so hopefully that doesnt happen
20. bachir8k (Posts: 142; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
DSLR cameras have large amount of extra capabilities as a hardware wise, so let's hope combining it with a smart OS, developers will start launching smart apps that take advantages of these capabilities and provide a new era for DSLR cameras.
22. juandante (Posts: 462; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
why do you talk about "apps" ? We don't want of those lame apps on our DSLR ! The only advantage here is to have (finally) a very intuitive and fluid interface on a DSLR, hopping that all the advanced options remain and there is no bug.
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Android 4.1 works great on Galaxy Camera, with no bug whatsoever.
30. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
No offense. But imagine if it lags while taking a photo?
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Canon is the ultimate camera company! Samsung can't even compete with it. Or Nikon.
8. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
So? This is Android DSLR. It has a specific bunch of consumers :)
15. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
No. no way it has bunch of consumers.people who really need a proffessional cam they chose nikon/cannon/sony/fuji but not this android cam. you know why? do u know long will it take to start? put android on every thing makes a mess. and in future we even may see fridge/washinig machine.
28. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Hmm. Every samsung device is just a trash for every hater..
Dont keep other people away from Samsung dslr, its none of ur business okay..
A well capable professional Cam coupled with a very intuitive OS with great photography apps is a WOW!.
I and my friends are always waiting for a Dslr with great and bigger screen to manipulate more our photos.
27. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i never tried DSLR but my last samsung digital camera died after 8 months of buying
12. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
At least it runs Android on it
That's the main point..
18. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
So? running android on everything isnt a good idea. i love android but android on my microwave,thermostat,light dimmer, clock, DSLR, toothbrush is just messed up.
19. zippolite28 (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Totally well said bro... first problem is u can't keep it all day onn..and if u start android at last it takes 30 to 40 seconds to boot... by then animal would run away... quality camera don't need android... but basic wifi sharing remote access is fine... and canon dose it well.... my 7d can take super speed pics and my 6d can take fullframe pics....
Samsung trying to do all possible electronics with android... and showing off... nice nice
5. amats69 (Posts: 1365; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nice move by Samsung but DSLR= NIKON and CANON
16. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Its for Samsung fans. They'll mistake this for new phone with a new form factor and buy it. This will be the best looking phone they've ever seen.
21. hung2900 (Posts: 943; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Sorry but Canon and Nikon are almost nothing in microless cameras
23. juandante (Posts: 462; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Sorry but it is not Samsung that is better.
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Please, do us a favour and do some research.
Samsung NX series, along with Sony NEX and Olympus PEN series are the most popular cameras in the mirrorless segment! LEICA M series being the best.
24. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Exactly! Funny how these Samsung haters are now DSLR connoisseurs, just when pictures of a supposedly Samsung Android mirrorless camera are leaked. Yet they have no clue of what a mirrorless camera is and the only good DSLR brands they know, are Canon and Nikon.
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
That's not a mirror-less camera on the photos.
9. jibraihimi (Posts: 747; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Hope Canon or Nikon launch their latest DSLR's with android on board, then it will be best device for photography enthusiasts...........
13. jlp34876 (Posts: 80; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
This will be the best camera for instagram.
29. steelicon (Posts: 317; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Question: How long will it take for this Android camera to take pictures from recent-battery-pull-to-cold-boot? Compared to a DSLR without Android?
31. marioellobo (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
that's nice samsung somebody don't like this go ahead and take another bite off that apple fruit it looks like somebody else already took one lol.
32. GeekMovement (Posts: 2135; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but Sony is a very good 3rd DSLR competitor. A900 and the A99 is beast. Just sayin not only Canon and Nikon (:
33. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The NX series apparently has some really good and compact lenses for a mirror less with an APSC sized sensor. They are supposedly dirt cheap too because they are not popular at all.
People should buy these lenses now before the price skyrockets up from this.
34. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
The Android operating system would just eat up most of the battery than camera usage.