Samsung Italy says that ICS update is coming to the Galaxy S II, Galaxy Note, and other tablets
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Oct 2011, 11:24
Samsung Italy is reportedly confirming that the Ice Cream Sandwich update is going to come to some of Samsung’s devices next year. From the sound of it all, Android ICS is expected to be delivered to the following devices sometime during the second quarter of 2012...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. andro. posted on 28 Oct 2011, 11:46 2 0
A samsung rep told me it'd be sometime christmas or q1 2012
7. remixfa posted on 28 Oct 2011, 12:26 3 0
more than likely it will be Q1 so not to interfere with Galaxy Nexus sales.. since it will FINALLY be available in stores!! :)
22. networkdood posted on 28 Oct 2011, 22:23 0 0
Samsung did initially say yes, but who knows....a mod will be made for our phone.
5. tech-head posted on 28 Oct 2011, 12:15 0 0
I hope Samsung USA and AT&T can get their acts together.
6. Taco51 (banned) posted on 28 Oct 2011, 12:24 0 0
why wouldn't all recently released phones be updated to ICS? I thought Google had that announcement that any android phone will stay software current for at least 18 months guaranteed?
8. remixfa posted on 28 Oct 2011, 12:27 1 0
Thats going forward, not retro-active on already released phones.
Taco? did you get banned? lol. or is this someone just playing with his name?
10. PimpStrong posted on 28 Oct 2011, 12:34 1 0
Since the stock UI is now heavy like a touch Wiz or a Motoblur, I think It should be easy for phones similarly spec'd to the Nexus to keep up with it in the update department.
Just gonna boil down to the carriers and manufacturers still of course.
26. Ivan6479 posted on 29 Oct 2011, 14:24 0 0
I think that is someone making a mockery of Taco's name. Pretty hilarious actually. LOL
9. PimpStrong posted on 28 Oct 2011, 12:29 1 0
End of Quarter 1 would be 5 months from now which would be spectacular. If it's "sometime in the 2nd quarter then we can anticipate a up to a long ass 8 month wait for ICS... OR you could pick up a fully equipped Galaxy S III before then :-(
11. android_hitman posted on 28 Oct 2011, 12:38 0 0
PimpStrong has a very good point! i agree with you! sadly but true
15. roscuthiii posted on 28 Oct 2011, 13:56 0 0
I, very unfortunately, doubt we'll see a Galaxy S III by that time though. :-(
16. threeline posted on 28 Oct 2011, 14:14 2 0
Expect your GSII update to ICS approx. 12 months from now maybe, then they'll halt the ICS roll out for another couple of months due to problems, after that Ole Sammy will ignore the SGII and pump the SGIII with ICS down your throats! Don't go for it! I did twice with the Epic and Moment!
12. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Oct 2011, 12:40 1 0
nahhh really? i thought there was no hope for the most powerful smartphone. xD
13. chuckyoo posted on 28 Oct 2011, 12:57 0 0
I think I will just hang on to my vibrant till next year.
17. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Oct 2011, 16:51 0 0
do it if you can. patience is the key to winning this game.
14. henrickrw posted on 28 Oct 2011, 13:48 1 0
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THE BEAST WANTS NEEDS SOME ICE CREAM
18. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Oct 2011, 16:53 0 0
anyone else notice that when you put your discussions in Chronological order it stays that way where ever you go? i'm still trying to decide if i like that or not.
19. k1ng617 posted on 28 Oct 2011, 17:45 0 0
But, will they add Touchwiz on top? I'm not sure I want to see that love child.
20. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Oct 2011, 17:59 0 0
i...guess not? o:
hm. it would be something else if it got a stock ICS upgrade. there would be so much joy in the world. they might do what i think Motorola is doing with Honeycomb and slightly customize it with their own icons and such but leaving the stock feel intact or they may do like they did with the Tab 10.1 and skin it in an update later on.
21. pkingduck posted on 28 Oct 2011, 20:23 0 0
Should I get AT&T galaxy s 2 or galaxy nexus? And will nexus ever be available to AT&T customers on contract?
23. networkdood posted on 28 Oct 2011, 23:14 0 0
With AT&T, get the Galaxy 2, and you will get ice cream, someday....
27. Ivan6479 posted on 29 Oct 2011, 14:28 0 0
If your in need of a phone now I would go with the GS2 just as I did. :) For one it has a better processor then the Nexus and it also has a better cam then the Nexus. Also another reason is that there is not any guarantees that the Nexus will be coming to AT&T and like networkdood mentioned it is just a matter of time before we get the upgrade to ICS.
28. KingKurogiii posted on 29 Oct 2011, 16:22 0 0
i'd say to wait for an LTE device. that's obviously what AT&T plans to push further along in the future so that makes AT&T's HSPA+ like the dead man walking now not to mention it's the worst "4G" you can get. you never know. AT&T might just get a version of the Droid Razr in the near future being that Motorola released a phone like the Atrix 2 for AT&T's budget market so i'm sure they'll want a high-end device in their line-up as well and there's still a good possibility that the Nexus will be made available to AT&T with LTE connectivity as well.