Samsung Infuse 4G coming on AT&T with a huge 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, razor thin
0. phoneArena 05 Jan 2011, 12:02 posted on
The Samsung Infuse 4G was just announced for AT&T. The Infuse 4G comes with a huge 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display and with razor thin body aiming to top AT&T's list of slim phones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kakarotto (Posts: 253; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Finally Sammy made SAMOLED with 3 subpixels(RGB), not with 2 like in the older version(Pentile Matrix - RG BG). So I guess the resolution will be the same as in Galaxy S but this time it will be true 800x480. They should do it 1 year ago. On the other hand this resolution on 4,5 inch screen is a little bit to low - we will see pixels definitely.
2. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
I am waiting for the Super Amoled Plus Extra Mega Super Duper screen. I hope they release that one soon :)
4. therygy (Posts: 94; Member since: 24 May 2010)
YESS, in knew AT&T had some secret plans that would blow everyone away! who cares if verizon gets the iPhone, that news is so old now. AT&T to take #1 carrier in the USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14. cdeast (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 May 2010)
Not really have you seen the android phones that verizon is about to get..
21. Itzatlas (Posts: 37; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
Most people have lost hope for the Verizon Iphone now. It would be nicer if iOS was open to other companies so we could still enjoy the experience.
5. Tom (unregistered)
What is the SAR rates for this phone?
6. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
att.. late to the party again. now they can claim "4g" as well lol. too bad their footprint for hspa+ is smaller than tmobiles. also too bad LTE is out now and Tmobile is announcing their soon to be live upgrades to 42mb/s.
On the flip side, its a nice phone. I wonder if this is going to be similar to the "Vibrant+" that Tmobile is getting shortly which was supposed to have an 8mpx shooter and HSPA+. least thats what the rumors say.. lol.
16. davisdlrch (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
Except Verizon's LTE is as fast as AT&T's HSPA+ since they're using a completely new technology and need new infrastructure. After AT&T finishes its HSPA+ upgrade and goes to real 4G LTE, it will be the fastest. And AT&T won't have slow EV-DO switchoff like Verizon when you get out of range of their 4G
7. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Remix, you are too negative...inanother year, AT&T will surpass T-MO and mayhave already...not sure...yep, all three phones look nice....
8. spinelessrabbit (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Dec 2010)
my captivate is hitting 1.2 with it being rooted and already had Hspa, + is just a lil faster not impressed the only cool elements are the amoled plus, 1.3mp and the 8mp camera no honeycomb booooh!!!!
19. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
No, the captivate is not an HSPA+ phone - it is 7.2, not 14.4
9. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 468; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Yeah but you had to do mod your non-flash captivate to make it do that. Please don't tell me your not interested in this phone.
10. spinelessrabbit (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Dec 2010)
id rather buy the atrix which is the first actually dual core, but ill just wait til sec quarter for the actually 4g compatible phones wheres the galaxy 2 with the cortex9 :-(
13. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 468; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Actually i'll be getting the infuse. The LTE phones are going to be under the same data plans more than likely. I still have unlimited data with att, so the infuse looks pretty good to me. BTW why do you keep ragging on all these new att phones? Just a question.
11. baztah (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
4.5 inch screen? Thats huuuuuge! 4' would be perfect for that!
12. nacixem (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
we just updated our sites today
15. messiah (Posts: 438; Member since: 19 Feb 2010)
4.5 utilizing swype would be a beautiful large screen with one handed input.... stellar sign me up to demo it for you.
17. ghost_uwi (Posts: 47; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
got the htc desire hd 4.3 inches seems about the limit for me. Unless they were able to keep the same body size as the HTC (or similar) and widen the screen in that area.
18. USCrealtor (unregistered)
Love 4.5 inches screen ! .. just if it could be the " real 4G speed = LTE ..! not HSPA+ " ... ?! ... hope very soon on AT & T network , ... sign me in ! :-)
20. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Patience, young padawan...it will be here soon...some people can get 5MPBS on their cappy already....
23. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
This news is getting better and better
24. ThatHarlemKat (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
Wow, the Nexus S is already irrelevant