Samsung "Hercules" seems to be T-Mobile's version of an Infuse 4G on steroids
0. phoneArena 17 May 2011, 14:52 posted on
Although it’s not entering Tmo’s testing labs for at least another month, the device going by the code name Samsung “Hercules” is looking to gain acceptance with the carrier some time around mid-August....
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. OhSo3D (Posts: 39; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
What the hell is the APQ8060 processor?? Never heard of that one. hahah
2. jinwons (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
The spec looks exactly like SGSII except the processor. Is that really dual core Qualcomm, not Exynos?
3. sirmikey3111 (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Apr 2011)
Every phone maker out there has a damned 4G phone too bad nobody has a 4G signal! WTF
4. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
ITS HARD CORE POWER WTMF i want it now.
5. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it would be great if this found it's way into T-Mo's stock G-Series of phones.
6. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
maybe it could be called the Samsung G2XL. xD
7. Soulmanager11 (Posts: 26; Member since: 04 May 2011)
With Att bands for 4G? Sounds like they're sure about the sale going thru.
8. pcman1911 (unregistered)
Why would they carry this phone and the SGSII. Makes no sense
9. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
"Basically, it’s best described as a Samsung Infuse 4G like handset, but it’s literally on steroids. It’ll be featuring things like...". literally on steroids??? really, they inject steroid in the phone...huh?JK! Awesome!!! T-mo got the LG G2X, will have the HTC Sensation and now this!!! T-Mobile is going Beast mode B4 the Merge, which i predict that will fail.
10. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I dont know how it sounds like an "infuse" on steroids.. it sounds more like a secret code name for the SGS2. The specs are almost identical minus a few things which could be easily misreported by samsung/tmobile to throw you off.
This does however coinside with the national launch of the 42mb/s network in the comming weeks. its been in testing in select markets and it should be launching by/before june.
My guess, is its Tmobiles variant of the SGS2, misrepresented in specs, with 42mb/s connectivity. B-E-A-S-T-L-Y.
12. cyborg (unregistered)
I agree with your speculation.
"Samsung's flagship will be known as the Attain on AT&T, the Function on Verizon, and the Within on Sprint"
11. sometmo rep (unregistered)
has anybody heard of these rumors including a battery with better perfomance??? these companies keep upgrading everything besides the damn battery....WTF?!?
14. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the galaxyS2 has a bigger battery and has been said to get exellent battery life for a smart phone.
13. Seylan (unregistered)
Finally some competition for the upcoming Nokia N9 :)