Samsung Hennessy flip-phone listed at $800 on some Chinese sites
6. PunyPoop (Posts: 506; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
If it feels PREMIUM then price it for $800, but... I really doubt that Samsung can do that.
10. MartianMe (unregistered)
The motorola v9 flip fone was beautiful...
4. donfem (Posts: 388; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
So, it is Samsung offering the phone at $800? or the provider wo determines the cost?
5. dorianb (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
That's through "Chinese websites." Not Samsungs SRP (suggested retail price). I would hope it wouldn't top out at $550.
If only it had an edge-to-edge screen for that 3.3" I would consider buying it as a going out on the town conversation starter phone. Get tired of it in 6 months. Then sell it on ebay.
3. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
$800 is Ka'RAYZEE. But, here in the mighty U.S. where everything is subsidized, it might actually be enticing to the over 40 club who are touch-screen challenged; it gives them a way to have something quasi-cool and not totally look like they partied through the Disco Era. I can see Verizon offering this up for $149.99 with a 2-year contract.
7. vaibhavaggarwal (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
Now you see why budget phones are so popular in asian countries..........no subsidies :(
8. Gaurav008 (Posts: 179; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
We are officially back in the mid-90's folks.
Here we are watching the flip phone with 'New' -ly setup Google's OS Android JB, which was supposed to be announced later in the 21st century but you know we are awesome. ^_^ So, only for you, a brand new unlocked flip-style FLIP SMARTPHONE (Its wireless too). It would be available later next month and you can get your hands on the future (without getting tangled up in wires) for $800 unlocked.
Future Unlocked. Next is what? :D
11. HASHTAG (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
That's more than buying a S4 off-contract.
13. skyline88 (Posts: 134; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
crazy chinese, 800 USD is enough to get 2 units of S3