Samsung Gear smartwatch concept shows a future of flexible screens
0. phoneArena 08 Aug 2013, 06:51 posted on
We have been hearing about a Samsung made smartwatch for months now - first leaked under its Altius codename…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Diego! (Posts: 549; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
This is really cool! I hope they come with an FULL HD/HD SuperAMOLED screen :D
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Hahaha too much man, why you need Full HD screen here lol
15. Diego! (Posts: 549; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Because the price won't be cheap for sure, so, if I'm paying a lot of money, I want the best specs possible :D
17. AnTuTu (Posts: 1575; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I really don't wear a watch but this one I will definitely wear even while m asleep :p
3. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Awesome, just hope it doesnt become the omnitrix. does everything but tell the time and needs a recharge when you need it the most
4. dmat3889 (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
As nice as that is, I cant have it. Anything that exists on my wrist gets torn off. With the screen taking up that much space, Its gonna need some flexibility to fit on my wrist too.
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I'd rather see THE REAL THING
11. CharlesdeGaul (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
If it has a plastic or rubber band, no purchase. I HATE them. Too sweaty and DEFINITELY Cheap looking.
13. Sauce (unregistered)
No . .
16. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Beautiful? what? NOT.
As nice as this is to look at.. I don't see it being functional at all if the screen wraps around as far as it appears to. You'd have to twist your wrist in odd uncomfortable angles to read the whole thing!
Not to mention, on all my watches, the outside and bottom of the wrist gets the most wear and tear.. you cannot have the screen wrap around that far.
Just because the watch will have a flexible screen, doesn't mean it's going to wrap around your whole wrist!! lol
21. BooBooooooo (Posts: 56; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Don't worry about twisting your wrist. that picture is wrong. the screen wraps thumb side of your wrist
19. Prindorz (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
Let them not forget making it IP57 certification or even something better than that, I'ld like to swim with this beauty
20. ph00ny (Posts: 1125; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Shut up and take my money!!! (Throws money at laptop screen)
22. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Those look great! But please don't require an attached phone to do everything. Give it everything except for a cell antenna e.g. stereo bluetooth, gps, Wi-Fi, accelerometer/gyroscope and you can take my money. Also it has to be water proof.