Samsung Gear S smart-watch hands-on
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2014, 02:55 posted on
The Gear S smart-watch is the latest addition to Samsung's growing collection of wearables. Right off the bat you'll notice its distinct curved Super AMOLED display. Its resolution is 360x480 and the display looks pretty fine - not pixelized or anything...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 432; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Can anyone give an accurate answer to this.....Do you have to take your sim card from your phone and put it into the watch in order to use the 3g and phone application? Like 1 sim card for two devices?
5. maherk (Posts: 2394; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You can either use it as a standalone device by putting your own sim in it, or you can link it to your phone through Bluetooth and use it just like any other Samsung Gear.
11. sgodsell (Posts: 2361; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Now we know why they never showed any arms with this Smart Watch(Bracelet). This really can't be called a watch at this size.
It should be called the Samsung Gear S for she will love her new bracelet.
14. gregoryyy3 (unregistered)
I have a watch that big...
17. Ashoaib (Posts: 2875; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
even bracelet is not bad until its feature rich and gear s is rich
6. CoastCity (Posts: 195; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
If your currier supports two sims with one number like vodafone
7. CoastCity (Posts: 195; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
you don't have to remove sim from your phone
16. Ashoaib (Posts: 2875; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
still the classic watch is more stylish... Gear S is more like a gadget, good that samsung didnt use smart watch word for it bcoz its not a watch by its looks...
2. maherk (Posts: 2394; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Tizen looks much better on a smartwach than Android Wear, much much simpler as well.
3. darkvadervip (Posts: 364; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Looks nice but I'm not buying till I see what apple got left.
10. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 432; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
But as a smart watch that can be used as a phone? Compare it to other watches like that and I am sure this one is much smaller than those others. Imagine version 3 of this which will surely come out next year? Lol, that is what I want.
13. John2014 (Posts: 43; Member since: 14 Jan 2014)
Very big too big huge. See the hairy arm. Not fitting his hand. Huge. He put the watch on this wider area but still big. Wider than his hand. There is a lot of space between his hand and watch. Big huge.
15. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 720; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Which smartphone did the writer bring to snap these shots? An iPhone? Ugh, horrendous!!! :-(
18. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I seriously don't understand why LG G watch's design is praised so much....it just looks like normal sport watch which you can get for 20$....
On the other hand gear s looks like what a smart gadget should be.....
19. Gadgety (Posts: 142; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
The Gear S, despite it's nicely curved screen, is not exactly slick looking, and I'd be slightly embarrassed to wear it in a business meeting. My phone is a Note 8.0 LTE. The Gear S could be a nice companion for work outs, though, because I won't be running with the Note 8.
21. clearblack (Posts: 59; Member since: 04 Sep 2014)
world worst looking Watch moto 360 all the way
22. gadgetwife (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Sep 2014)
If you want a smartwatch that is a phone you can compare this with the iconBIT. They are different in style compared to the S. There are two different models priced at $249.99 and $349.99. You can find them at touchofmodern.com
23. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 432; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Yeah, that looks like crap. 2g in the US? No thanks. Besides, I wear watches on my right wrist which would mean the camera was facing my arm, not that I would EVER use a camera on a watch.
24. mudhi (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Does anyone know if this can be paired with a non-samsung android device? (eg. HTC One)
25. afraaa (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Oct 2014)
where is the white on screen !?? i see samsung use the old obvious trick to save battery by make phone look sick ! i see yellow instead of white . it will not fit n every hand and stand for it self instead of shape around wrist of hand .
screen remind me of samsung galaxy s2 screen that back o then white was samsung worst enemy .. but i like the UI . it shaped really good