Samsung Gear Fit hands-on: a stylish and smart fitness companion
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2014, 22:37 posted on
While the Galaxy S5 was the highlight of today's Samsung Unpacked event, it wasn't the only device that got demoed on stage. Along with its new flagship, the Korean company showed off its newest smart wearables, namely the fancy Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo, along with the stylish and sporty Gear Fit. The latter, in particular, which is part smartwatch, part personal fitness tracker, caught our attention with its design. Samsung has really focused on making the Gear Fit stand out visually and to achieved the desired effect, the manufacturer has given it a curved profile. The result is a gorgeous wearable device that can easily attract the looks of people around you...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. DnB925Art (Posts: 897; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Really like the look and design. Looks like it would surely attract a lot of attention. If the price is under $200, I'll definitely be interested in buying it and pairing it to my GNote 2!
3. donphone (Posts: 64; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
Will it be compatible with non Samsung Galaxy devices? Hope so, this looks interesting
5. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Better than the Sony one in my opinion. REALLY STYLISH
7. NoFanboy (Posts: 298; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Is it just me, or should this have been the new Gear smartwatch?
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 5181; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Nope, some still prefer the look and feel of a traditional watch.
14. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
So I will be able to go swimming with my active with this? Touching works underwater?
10. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
mmm looks good.
i was hoping for google glass like from Samsung.
might buy it to go with my note 3 though just for fun
12. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Really looks good. At least something nice from Samsung.
13. jian9007 (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Yes, please. I really like this and hope it's reasonably priced. Looks good and has the functions I need (and you can even change the wallpaper, which may be common in smartwatches but not usually in some other fitness bands). It will also last 3-4 days, per Samsung (possibly longer depending on use). This is why I didn't pick up the first Gear last year. The Fit will go great with my Note 3. Is it April yet? I'm ready to get it now.
15. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Damn samsung! You made it difficult for me to choose between this and the gear 2. I'm waiting for the reviews of both devices.
16. lukkiristi (Posts: 68; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What's with the orientation? It doesn't make any sense to me, really awkward.