Samsung Gear 2 Solo rumored, may boast cellular connectivity for phone calls
0. phoneArena 07 May 2014, 07:15 posted on
Earlier in March, rumors about a Samsung smartwatch boasting built-in cellular connectivity started to arise. At the time of the report's publishing, no solid evidence was presented to back up the claim, but now, it appears that the rumors may be onto something. A Samsung device with a model name SM-R710 has been found on Zauba...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. checkmymike (Posts: 90; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
I prefer this over the earlier gears. This i need not pair with my phone. Its a small phone i can bring anywhere since its just on my wrist. Hope its not pricey though.
2. Kuroki (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
I'm more excited on how samsung will name their next galaxy gear after this one. lol. galaxy gear note maybe?
3. PorkyBurger (Posts: 326; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Samsung Gear DUOS. Because someone obviously needs dual-sim on his wearable. ┐('～`；)┌ Why NOT.
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3802; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Wish they'd spend more time and money perfecting low energy wifi instead of focusing on cellular which is very difficult to make low energy. A "solo" watch would be cool, but not if I have to charge it every 3-4 hours.
6. JayBEE (Posts: 26; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
Is SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) even more a concern here or with Smart watches in general?