Samsung Galaxy handset mistaken for a gun, closes college
0. phoneArena 14 Aug 2013, 03:18 posted on
Students at California State University, Long Beach, were in for a scare on Tuesday when their mobile devices crackled to life with the notification that an armed suspect was seen in the area of Engineering Technology; students were told to calmly evacuate the campus, lock and blockade the doors, and silence cellphones while the cops "are engaging this threat"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Might explode any time. So he is dangerous anyways! :P
2. KParks23 (Posts: 512; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
geeze people get dumber and dumber by the day....... Watch out for that "big black scary smartphone"
9. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1486; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
cop - " put your phones on the ground "
guy - sir its just a ph.......
cop -he is resisting arrest ...TSSSSSH (tases guy)
4. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
That's One hell of a stupid mistake....!!!
6. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
go to Google images and type in: Gun shaped nokia.
Could it of been something like that?
7. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
this really is dumb. How could they think a gun has such a s**ty design and made of plastic..
8. johnbftl (Posts: 266; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Now this is just ridiculous. I'm a Long Beach State Alum. The engineering area is a wide open space on lower campus on the southeast side. Long Beach State is a commuter school with a lot of well to do kids from South Orange County. There are also a lot of kids from Northern California as well. Long Beach is a not exactly a safe place. There are a lot of gangs and crime. Given the location on campus I could think of the circumstance of how this probably happened. A minority construction worker was walking around with phone in hand, a South OC kid saw him from the other side of the open space in the engineering area with something black in his hand, thought it was a gun, and got scared.
11. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1693; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
how is a phone can be mistaken for a gun?no make any sense..
12. gazmatic (Posts: 650; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
ask the the thousands of people shot or arrested because of said confusion
cops are just trigger happy bullies
13. gazmatic (Posts: 650; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
this is very common....
i'm surprised nobody was shot or arrested
14. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Americans are coward.
That lunatic guy looked at what seemed to be a weapon and without jogging his mind, that idiot immediately called police.
That American was "Scared" that he might puke out or go insane if what he looked at were a weapon in reality.
Had he thought a bit more and visualised to what he saw, the University would not have ended up closed.
Poor Americans who have to bear such Useless, Pathetic and Invaluable Americans!
32. McLTE (Posts: 755; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Who said it was an American who made the call?
Maybe it was a foreign national that hit the panic button.. you know we do get a lot of those here attending our schools.
What a moronic comment yasir.. generalize more mmmkay?
33. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
You just sound like a dumb character known as Mr. Mackay in South Park. He always says "Mmmkayyy....".
Most likely its an American (most likely a white guy!) because they often get scared too easily. Believe me, its not a moronic comment, its reality, its the truth.
May be the environment these days have made the Americans coward and less tolerant!
34. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
And don't be generalised. Being generalized is old shool and theoretic.
Be specific and to the point. Thats how professionals in corporate world work.
20. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
"Americans" are the most paranoic people i've ever seen...
23. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
are you racist enough? or are you missing some points?
24. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
and guess what they are as ignorant as you are :D
22. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
well yes you dumb a**, what kind of question is that ?
27. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I'd rather be american than whatever you are.
29. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
i am american also but from the caribbean if u attend school or college you should know that we are americans also.... you make me laugh
26. zombiewolf115 (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
you just went full retard. never go full retard
35. wesley. (Posts: 53; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
What next, too many stories like this recently like the one where a grandfather was shot dead by cops because a neighbor said he had a gun when he didn't. No questions asked, just shot dead.
Whoever called the cops at the college should be jailed.
37. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Bunch of paranoid Americans. Transformed from cowboys to chicken...