Samsung Galaxy camera visits the FCC, packing HSPA, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
0. phoneArena 29 Sep 2012, 01:59 posted on
We got to look at some nice images of the different colors this Android powered camera may be wearing. Now the FCC is looking at the insides...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. NokiaLumia920 (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Who wants this when you can get Lumia 920 or PW808..
5. NokiaLumia920 (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I mean, why would you buy another Camera that does the same thing again when your phone can do it better already?
9. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 190; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
oh mean like from now we're are also going to change our camera's like cellphones????
16. AmitMajumder (Posts: 151; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Can your phone (lumia or pureview) give you 21x super optical zoom and Android 4.1 jelly bean power?? huh....
18. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
The real question my friend is Does a LUMIA need all that u have mentioned?
I am sure when this camera launches Pureview 808 would kick its pubes :D..
27. AmitMajumder (Posts: 151; Member since: 21 May 2012)
what does the pure view have apart from the 41mp sensor (of which 38mp is available)? that old symbian crap... and this thing is a digital cam with jelly bean power.... lumia is good, but doesn't have that much power in the camera.
31. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
There's new Nokia Belle FP1 (which is going to be replaced by FP2 in coming weeks), not some old Symbian crap. It is great OS, with great customizability, connectivity and battery efficiency. Nokia 808 not only have huge sensor (both physically and mpx), it is also much lighter and thinner than Galaxy Camera. Galaxy Camera may have 21x optical zoom, but it is useless with very tiny 1/2.3" sensor.
32. AmitMajumder (Posts: 151; Member since: 21 May 2012)
You are saying that symbian has great customizability, have you ever tried android? if you have, you should know what is customization. and as for the weight, how can expect a camera to be light and thinner as a smart phone??
20. addicted2088 (Posts: 53; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Well said, Android power over Windows Phone power any day. Doesn't look like WP8 is gonna have many more new features anyway apart from what they've already shown. But that's just me..
26. Bernoulli (Posts: 2311; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
No, but it's sure to give a staggering 41 MP picture, it's so vast and rich that you can even see peoples wrinkles!! O.o I'm not a Nokia fan, hence why my avatar is an Android, but Nokia did develop something amazing here
6. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Agreed but we dont care those who don't...
We are mucho Feliz with our trusty Lumia. :)
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
People who wants a Android Camera can buy this instead of a smart phone if they DON'T want to pay a lot of money on it.
22. AmitMajumder (Posts: 151; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Dude, this camera will cost more than any mid-range android device...
2. rihel_95 (Posts: 279; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Waiting for its first review, high expectations!
8. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Am I the only one that thinks this thing is freaking awesome?
10. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
probably yes, samsung sucks big time in optics dept.
11. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
It doesn't look like it would suck, lol
12. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
One never know's may be Samsung gives some sort of offer with it ;)
13. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
"They will make you an offer..you can't refuse..." :D
I am sorry had to add this :)
15. Medel (Posts: 84; Member since: 31 May 2011)
Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia 808 PureView and the Nokia N8 too! still the best cameraphone in the world.
23. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 648; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Do you own Nokia Lumia 920, or have u held it in your hands?
28. Medel (Posts: 84; Member since: 31 May 2011)
I have Nokia 808 Pureview and Nokia N8 but lumia 920 i still don't have maybe someday i will buy that too! :) i saw the review of Nokia Lumia 920 is amazing!
19. jimjam (Posts: 252; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
There are plenty of voip/sip apps on the market. Easy to make this into a phone.
30. zippolite28 (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Device with no support for GSM voice communication.
General 2G Network N/A
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G Network LTE
i guess u cant make voice calls as it dosenot support GSM voice Communication
25. cjslman (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
This is wild... now you can play Angry Birds or Bad Piggies or answer emails on your camera...
29. zippolite28 (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Samsung Galaxy Camera and Lumia are 2 compleately diffrent ... Samsung Galaxy Camera is advanced Point and shoot 20.8X optical zoom, 1/2.3 Senor size, JB Camera and not a phone where u cannot make voice call ... and lumia is a phone with advanced camera 1/3 Sensor size and also have optica Image stabilizer... if u give me an option i will go with Lumia 920 as i already have 7d and 5d dslr and even have point and shoot which i dont use these days