Samsung Galaxy Win official for other markets - 4.7" display and quad-core Snapdragon 200
0. phoneArena 08 Apr 2013, 03:01 posted on
The leaked Samsung Galaxy Win is official now for places other than China, and its rumored specs got confirmed by the company for realsies, namely a 4.7″ 480 x 800 LCD display, 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor, 1 GB of RAM, 5 MP rear camera, VGA up front, 8 GB of internal memory plus a microSD slot, and a decent 2000 mAh battery. Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean rounds up the pretty offering...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Again the same design :(
38. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i think Samsung have more galaxies than Universe......!!! hmmm think about it
41. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Every manufacturer does this... HTC has forever now.
And they're still doing it witht they're mid range handsets.
2. Trance444 (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Nice slim light and awesome, Samsung is best in smartphones.
4. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Best so far.. Some smartphones are still to come.
5. therealestmc (Posts: 158; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
What is best about this phone? It is the same dull design of the galaxy line.
8. Trance444 (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Do you know what FEATURES are? Samsung is best at Features.
30. lovefist (unregistered)
let me guess.. you have a low end smartphone, am I right? cause obviously if you have owned at least a galaxy s2, you wouldn't be amazed at this specs.
34. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia: r u kiding me.
HTC: r u kiding me.
Sony: r u kiding me.
LG: r u kiding me.
Motorola: r u kiding me.
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
It must be really easy for Samsung to design phones it seems. Use the same s3 design, change the size a bit here and there, throw in specs that fits the target price range and they made a 'new' phone. I think they might have no problems at all making a new model every 2 days. It's like playing Lego.
9. Dimitru (Posts: 40; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
looks like galaxy ace, galaxy ace 2, galaxy s 2, galaxy s advance, galaxy beam, etc etc. -___-"
25. dragonite99 (unregistered)
more like s3.. s2 was above average in terms of looks
10. kabilan.ravi (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
God!!! There is no point in manufacturing such device. Samy is just showing off. Nothing more
11. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Would rather prefer a weaker dual core cpu but with a 720p screen resolution.
20. addicted2088 (Posts: 53; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
That's the thing, the processor is already quite weak. Four cores, sure, but all are Cortex-A5, so not very powerful. I shudder to think how the bloated and heavy TouchWiz will perform on this one. xD
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
Gorgeous phone with affordable price, worth it ^_^
15. taikucing (unregistered)
WTF is happening to you wendy? Last time I saw you, you always defended Apple. Now you praise Samsung. You are not a fanboy anymore? That's good.
17. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
He was trolling all along , i chatted with him on whatsapp :P
Btw , i wonder about the performance of the snapdragon 200 cant wait for a benchmark
28. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
may i have his number please :)
42. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I am going to the same college with him .
I also chats with tiara6918
44. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Tiara is from Taiwan .
In case youre wondering I Am from Malaysia . And my number is +60143613939
13. Technobri (Posts: 84; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Same design pattern.. Its like Samsung is playing it safe...their phones have been selling well so there's no need for them to spice up the design
19. vincelongman (Posts: 3980; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Also with the S3 type of plastic (or maybe cheaper)
18. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I dont get why Samsung is floading the market with all the mid range phones ,
They should be like apple and only make GS and GNote
Because a high end device this year would be mid range next year !
22. johnriii (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
my guess is that they are trying to appeal to those who can't AFFORD the S4, S3 or Note2? it's not that hard to figure out....everybody is not rolling in money...last time I checked our economy is jacked up....
24. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
One could always go for an old flagship , like let's say a Galaxy S2 instead of all those mid range crap
31. lovefist (unregistered)
that's the thing I don't get with some people getting excited about this phone. why buy this when you could get the galaxy s2 at a lower price and definitely smokes this POS in performance and design.
27. tomn1ce (Posts: 200; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
If they make a flagship and 2-3 midrange phones with different display size and guts that should be enough instead of releasing a phone every month. The Win was just announced and the GS4 Mini shouldn't be that far out now.
21. osaFromJava (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
samsung need new designers ASAP !!
I mean,, Hyundai and Kia could produce good looking cars after they hired chief designer from BMW and General motor..
23. johnriii (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
until what they are doing hurts their sales, why should they change? how much has the iphone changed over the years, and has it hurt them? Samsung has changed in the last five years, apple really hasn't. why mess with success??
26. iluvsmartphonexpdx (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Same dull design, c'mon Samsung make a better design!!!
29. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh please, please...... no more "another day.....another Galaxy......."!!!!!
37. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i think Samsung have more galaxies than Universe......!!!
39. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung shouldn't named it TouchWiz Nature UX and said "Inspired by Nature".
They should've name it TouchWiz Universe UX and say "Inspired by the Universe". xD
32. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 217; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
S II plus (4.3" screen) , Galaxy Grand (5" screen) and now this (4.7" screen)- all with almost the same specs. What's the point?
33. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Sammy has enough and more great phones for all categories..
I mean who the hell at Samsung approves all this sh*t! in the first place?!
40. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Glad to see people here are getting fed up with the same design asthetic that Samsung is doing. Same design, different screen size and innards. *yawn*