Samsung Galaxy WiFi 3.6 wants to take on the iPod Touch
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Sep 2011, 13:06
The Samsung Galaxy WiFi 3.6 is an iPod Touch competitor with a 3.6" screen, but no cell radio. It will have full access to the Android Market and could make for a very good media player and gaming device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. davecann2 posted on 01 Sep 2011, 12:42 4 0
I agree 100%
iTunes is the killer feature that is hard to beat simply because its an already established service and I believe its safe to say that iTunes is a household name.
16. davecann2 posted on 01 Sep 2011, 15:05 0 0
What service is best/mostly used in India?
18. s (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2011, 15:58 3 1
No I think itunes is only used often in us and UK not places like Asia ,I think its a pain to use itunes sync and all that
27. M0nkeyBr posted on 02 Sep 2011, 09:47 2 0
most ppl who buy ipods dont use itunes they use mediafire o 4shared
2. remyrz posted on 01 Sep 2011, 12:39 5 1
goossh what's up between samsung and apple.. what a war >.>..... ...... yeyy!! keep the competition samsung >:D
5. GALAXY-S posted on 01 Sep 2011, 12:56 3 0
love this war lol! its making everything better for us the consumers
4. darth8ball posted on 01 Sep 2011, 12:48 0 4
looks like Unca Sammy no 'fraida Apple. Maybe Sammy looking to confuse Apple with all this media player, gigantic phone.....while they are secretly developing the next great leap in the smartphone/tablet market.
6. darth8ball posted on 01 Sep 2011, 13:03 0 2
Yeah man all you fanboys thumb me down.....I LOVE IT
13. darth8ball posted on 01 Sep 2011, 14:00 0 0
Only trying to incite some iSheep responses on that one iKing. wasn't trying to be serious, no conspiracy here.
9. 87168 (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2011, 13:42 2 2
The zune was actually a great player. If people acually gave it a shot instead running to the store to buy the latest iPod because appl told them to, people would have realized that the zune was a much better player than an iPod. I love my zune hd. Ive had all the ipods from the first gen to the touch and aside from apps the zune kills it when it comes to music playback
15. SavageLucy42 posted on 01 Sep 2011, 14:58 2 0
The main problem with the Zune was that it only came in s**t brown and menstral red.
11. Garry (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2011, 13:46 0 0
It was my understanding that this device will in fact be able to make phones call via wi-fi utilizing applications like google voice
19. MichaelHeller posted on 01 Sep 2011, 17:44 0 0
of course there will be workarounds, especially given that Android 2.3+ offers SIP functionality, but out of the box it can't make phone calls, because it isn't actually a phone.
20. firebo14 posted on 01 Sep 2011, 17:50 0 0
If it can video call, then normal call should be possible. It is just audio.
17. emvxl posted on 01 Sep 2011, 15:34 0 0
Whatever happened to these Samsung Galaxy Players (4inch and 5inch) that remain unavailable at the Bestbuy website for ages? These 2 were Android devices that I was looking forward to, but it's been forever that they were unavailable.
31. Anonymous03530 (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 00:08 0 0
32. emvxl posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:41 0 0
Yes, those. Have been waiting to see it in actual at a Best Buy store.
21. InspectorGadget80 posted on 01 Sep 2011, 18:53 0 0
please come to the States. I've been wanting a Galaxy S Player for a long time. Cause my Zune HD is bout to die. It's having battery problems every time It's fully charge it dies down for some reason and have to wait for a day to recharge it again. this is pretty sweet can't wait till it comes out!
24. dclrodriguez (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 01:45 0 0
Samsung Galaxy WiFi 3.6? The damn name is why it's going to be a flop! Consumers like simple identifiable names! Nobody will remember the name of this crap! It should be something simple like the Galaxy Pocket....or...oh I don't know, something that DOESN'T end with 3.6? Haha
30. NeXoS posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:08 1 0
Apple iPhone 3GS? Apple iPhone 4
Microsoft Xbox 360
Sony PS3, Sony PS2
Samsung Galaxy WiFi 3.6 (3.6 means screen size?)
Samsung Galaxy WiFi 4.0 (new model coming in spring?)
Audi A6 2.8
Lexus LS 460
Marketing studies show letter + number monikers do better than names.
26. Kenshiro (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 06:01 0 0
Cowon offers the best PMP's money can buy. Maybe Samsung can partner with them.
29. NeXoS posted on 02 Sep 2011, 09:58 1 0
This is dumb, the next iPod Touch will have the same screen size as the iPhone 5. It's so funny to see Steve Jobs go back on his words that "nobody want a hummer size phone in their pocket!" and here we are, they are going to introduce a 4" iPhone and call it a feature that they invented. What a bunch of appholes!