Samsung Galaxy Tabs were returned mostly because of issues, not due to confusion with iPad
0. phoneArena 07 Aug 2012, 09:32 posted on
A company shouldn’t be happy when its devices malfunction. But if you’re Samsung, you might actually prefer to hear news about tablet malfunction being most commonly cited as the reason for customer returns…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow Samsumg products are faulty and Samsung should be happy ... and fandroids are happy as well.. knowing damm well it could be one of them.. Samsung is hoping for a ray of light at this point...
27. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Its no surprise that its due to them being faulty. Samsung products don't seem to hold up very well these days. Where I work, the last 300 iPhones we sold we maybe had 1 defective unit. Out of the last 10 Galaxy S3's we sold, 3 were defective out of the box!
We never had these problems with the Galaxy S2.
31. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thats what happens when a company uses plastic and tries to pass it as premium material.. they crack or they components will be defective..
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What is premium material in your opinion?
41. tedkord (Posts: 3920; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's whatever Apple chooses to use. If Apple uses plastic on the next iPhone, suddenly plastic will be a premium material.
90. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
HTC uses polycarbonate which is a type of plastic. Actually the same as the. S3. They both break just as easily. S3 just has a different type of cover
92. lyndon420 (Posts: 1641; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I have the One X which is indeed made of polycarbonate, but it is a one piece design (with no cover) and possibly thicker than what is on the SG3. Do you have a link you could share that points out the weak nature of the polycarbonate used in the htc One X?
57. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
The GS3s crack around the bezel. Which is plastic that is painted and brushed to look like aluminum.
umm how bout aluminum? thats not a hard question, HTC uses it and so does motorola, even crappy blackberry uses Aluminum and copper.
Theres nothing really wrong with plastic, but there are different kinds of plastics, hence the number code on the recycle logo.
69. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I know, I was just asking for gallitoking to mention some "premium" materials.
"...but there are different kinds of plastics, hence the number code on the recycle logo."
If I'm not wrong, number on the recycle logo doesn't provide any information about a plastics kind, number just shows how many times plastic was recycled.
77. doublehammer (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
im pretty sure it designates what kind of polymer is used.
97. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I agree that I was wrong, but anyway, we don't need to know these numbers because we already know that it is Polycarbonate (PC) and I beleve there should be a number 7.
60. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Haha its hilarious that both you and I get thumbs down for pointing out faults. Their phones are cheap plastic! My wifes HTC Thunderbolt has been thrown by our 1 year old countless times and there's nothing more than a small dent! On the last Samsung I had, I babied it, and there were larger dents and cracks!
66. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
That is your experience.
The whole reason I bought my Galaxy Nexus on launch day is because my Thunderbolt fell out of my lap while I was sitting down in a chair and the entire screen shattered.
It fell a total of MAYBE 2ft onto a tile floor and was done for.
My Nexus on the other hand? Has been dropped several times now on anything from carpet to concrete (including tile) and not only is the screen not broken but the "cheap plastic" doesn't have any dents.
Just because it's plastic doesn't make it cheap and just because it's metal doesn't make it premium.
91. mrbtree98 (Posts: 50; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
i can back that up with my lg optimus black, dropped from above my head onto wood floors and not a scratch, on concrete a small dent on the side but that was it, no screen in a million pieces like a dropped iphone 4
35. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
You know, most of the "issues" listed are plain silly. I can understand wanting to exchange for something else but the rest, the OS was too complicated or not enough apps? If the regular consumer is that clueless then its no wonder confusion could set it let alone many of these devices sell in truckloads. People do not do enough research and at the end of the day leave themselves with what? A returned product? With all the power the consumer has too bad its not utilized by pure common sense.
51. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
it is hilarious how i never ever seen a comment by " taco " that has more thumbs up than thumbs down xD
52. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
my sister's 10.1 went back for the Transformer Prime when i could actually find one. ;)
55. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
why you guys pay attention to those two? simply report them and will have them banned in no time
67. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Taco and gallito bring too many page views to PhoneArena for them to be banned permanently.
78. doublehammer (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
you only get banned if you disagree with them from the looks of it.
85. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
me and taco just came from being banned.. care to explain mr. hammer?..
86. matrix_neo (Posts: 307; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
we still need itaco50 and igallitoking in Phonearena, they are spices here ;-P same with apple, it still needs Samsung. If they end up with Samsung, they are dooomed forever... Samsung has done a lot of things that contribute to the advancement of mobile technology. Apple will be in the first line again if samsung has something new...
BTW igallitoking i saw your photos in faceboook before, it seems that your a nice person but why is it your aggresively defending your beloved apple? Commentators here in PA thinks your a _____. Does apple really cares for you? Steve jobs said before apple don't make any research or surveys so defending apple just don't make any sense. You get what I mean???
87. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thanks man.. I honestly think everyone here is a nice person.. remixfa I fight with him here but we used to play Wordfeud with him.. I defend Apple because I don't agree on why people insist on bashing a company every chance they get.. I mean every Apple article is full of haters.. they get emotional, why.. just like I don't get anything defending neither do they by bashing Apple..
88. lyndon420 (Posts: 1641; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Don't flatter yourself...you'll find iFans creeping an Android article just as frequently. If there weren't debates and opinions flying around all the time, it would make reading these articles somewhat boring. A lot of the time we learn more from reading others comments than from the article itself.
93. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
not true at all, very few trolls in android articles
96. doublehammer (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
looks like all your #1 fans got banned in return.
70. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
so now it's okay for samsung to admit the faultiness of their products to get away from the lawsuit. poor galaxy tab being picked by samsung to appear as dumb as they want it to be. now i know why they also have a galaxy note 10.1 as an escape goat.
The best thing to survive in the market is to kill your products- Hankii Yoon
74. knightlore (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
how could you mistake Samsung for Apple, it's a different make!
89. lyndon420 (Posts: 1641; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
If apple is right, and consumers are as dumb as apple claims, then how many people went out looking to buy Android and bought an iPhone by mistake? If they look that identical, and they are that dumb, the confusion has to be going both ways yes?
94. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Touchwiz for tablets sucks and the tab 10.1 is kinda slow and leggy thanks to tegra 2 and touchwiz for tablets
101. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
leggy ? please learn a proper english.
the lag was caused by android honeycomb. look at gtab 10.1 running Cm10 and then please try to say those words again.
besides if you think about iOS, it's a bunch of icon with a static wallpaper, of course there won't be any lag
104. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
the asus transformer feels snappier than gtab10.1 , the xoom to
go try them at a store , side by side
100. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
People who bought gtab and thought they bought an iPad are idiots and deserve to get that. can't they even differentiate an apple picture and a samsung text ?