Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 vs Apple iPad mini Retina vs LG G Pad 8.3: specs comparison
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2014, 01:32 posted on
Samsung has just announced its newest flagship tablets (that don't include S Pen styluses), so we naturally want to see how the new Galaxy Tab S devices stack up to the current competition. This one focuses on the more compact tablets, which means a specs battle between the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, the Apple iPad mini with Retina display, and the LG G Pad 8.3...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3615; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Ummm we are talking about tablets not laptops here.
15. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3615; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Duh, he clearly said Surface "PRO", so not quite RT.
16. Moodi (Posts: 38; Member since: 11 May 2013)
But the SP3 is The TABLET that can replace your laptop, so it's kinda 2 in 1.
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 3197; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Please! Most laptop are thinner than surface pro.
12. hipnotika (Posts: 306; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
"dual core cpu and 1 gb ram" with these specs you ll take best performance :)
power of Apple !
specs are nothing without software !
13. vincelongman (Posts: 1667; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Which is why Surface Pro 3 is better IMO
22. Frankiebeans (Posts: 33; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
I love that they're tying to make a tablet the size of an ipad mini because i think thats the perfect size for a tablet but the Samsung software is a no go for me
2. gigaraga (Posts: 1381; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Tab S 8.4 > G Pad 8.3 > Mini 2 w/ Retina Display
3. twens (Posts: 699; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Is it just me or does the tab look nicer than the rest?
7. ihavenoname (Posts: 1516; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I disagree, but I guess it's question of taste (I'm not personally a big fan of gold and white on that Tab S looks too much beige for me.)
8. imej88 (unregistered)
if you mean by the screen, yes the tab is very nice. But, if you mean by the design and capacitive buttons, it is you...xD
6. Ray.S (Posts: 263; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
This is the price for the 128 GB version with 4G. The base, 16 GB model without cellular connectivity costs $399.
5. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
ipad mini retina iChoose you :)
10. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3615; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Screen: galaxy Tab S
chipset: ipad mini
ecosystem: ipad mini
design: ipad mini
price: G Pad 8.3
18. Leandronb (Posts: 12; Member since: 03 Jun 2014)
i'm not a fan of samsung products because of their crap touchwiz. but i have to admit this tablet is the best android out there.
21. joey_sfb (Posts: 3197; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Don't like touch wiz just use the launcher of your choice. I use ADWLauncher EX with my Note 2.
20. sonisoe (Posts: 336; Member since: 06 May 2009)
god knows what samsung is doing.... sammy's got all variations in the world for their devices... but i guess as long as they're making money, its all fine....