Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 hands-on
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2014, 19:00 posted on
In another turn of events, Samsung is shaking things up by introducing yet another line of tablets – the Galaxy Tab S family. Directly expected to compete in the compact segment, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is shaping up to be one beauty of a tablet that’s bringing back the Super AMOLED display. Needless to say, it’s quite a rare thing to find in the tablet space, so it’s wonderful that it’s coming back...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Really loving this device! Watched the entire live stream and gotta say this innovation is excellent! The display (esp) and design, features etc...all the All In One! And perfect size too~~
7. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 522; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
finally, not since the Tab 7.7 have we had AMOLED on a tablet, can't wait to try this out. Hopefully it doesn't suffer from the laggy interface seen on the Tab Pro 8.4. I really wanted that device but it was just to laggy,
20. joey_sfb (Posts: 5331; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I don't get to see much lag in android since 2012. Even on low end devices.
However, its still the favorite word for android haters because they just want android to be damn.
21. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 522; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Im no hater, infact im a huge fan of android and samsung. I currently own galaxy s5 g900f, galaxy s4 i9506, & galaxy mega 6.3 i9205 (among other brands and ecosystems). Yes im a fan, but i also speak the truth, no BS, the tab pro 8.4 seriously suffers from lag. Eg. Its hugely noticeable we you swipe to bring up or close the magazine flipboard thing.
24. joey_sfb (Posts: 5331; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Ok. I will check out the Tab Pro 8.4 when its available over my local store.
Anyway, I will get a Super AMOLED over a regular LCD. My eye is a big fan of it. I love its true black feature.
3. alaw.14 (Posts: 227; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
There is a phone app on all the lte models of samsung tablets.
5. vincelongman (Posts: 4102; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yep, its called SideSync on Samsung's Ativ books (laptops), its been around for a while now (maybe a few years, not quite sure)
Its actually quite similar to Apple's Continuity (but not quite as much stuff) now that I think about it lol
8. deepblack (Posts: 50; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
Phone app he is asking means the app making phone call like smartphone.
Most of Samsung's LTE tablets can be used as a phone.
9. vincelongman (Posts: 4102; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Oh oops, sorry I had all the Samsung news pages open, I thought he was talking about the tablet and phone integration from their ad
lol is the phone app on the 10.5" as well?
4. Totse2k15 (Posts: 448; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Missed the live stream... Thanks for sharing! Very sexy and beastly tablet. Good to know it's $399. I can't wait to show this to my big bro (he's kinda a sammy fanboy), will tell him to sell his Ipad Mini 2 64GB for this, lol.
6. koko1 (Posts: 103; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
best tablet in 2014, aplle, u gotta show us some cool new features
10. bossmt_2 (Posts: 449; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Sigh. Galaxy Spam hitting the tabletsphere as well. That makes what 3 different 10.1 tablets for Samsung?
13. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
One is low end tablet....
Other one of aimed at productivity...
And this is aimed multimedia usage..
22. bossmt_2 (Posts: 449; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Man if only Apple or Amazon had this same brilliant strategy. Samsung pours tablets onto the market just to fill shelves and keep competition out cause they have more power than LG, Motorola, etc.
11. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Finally Exynos with Amoled and 3Gb Ram Tab.
12. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Waiting for the review. Kinda disappointed since the Tab Pro 8.4 didn't get released in my country. I hope this one does, or hopefully Note 8.4 2014 will be announced soon (and released here).
14. refillable (Posts: 1044; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
This is a legitimate successor to the Amazing Samsung tab 7.7. Kudos to Samsung!
15. refillable (Posts: 1044; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
All those Tab 2, 3, 4 are getting worse... This one isn't!
16. wilsong17 (unregistered)
look amazing i wonder which one to pick this one or the 12 inch
17. shaheer7 (Posts: 22; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Lol.. 12 inch.. its 8.4 or 10.5 inch tablets..
19. Bjray (Posts: 177; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Would love a GPE version of the 8.4" But maybe the Nexus 8 will fit the bill.
25. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 213; Member since: 27 May 2014)
hmmm what to get should I get a Tab S 8.4 or IPad Mini 2? I know the Touch ID is by far the better fingerprint scanner but I can add more storage on the Tab S I already own a 64gb sad card.......