Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 lands in the US on March 9 for $649.99
0. phoneArena 05 Mar 2014, 11:14 posted on
You'll be able to find the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 at many location across the US. $649.99 is the price asked for the tablet's 32GB Wi-Fi version...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
This is an excellent device but gee, at least price it competitively..
2. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 245; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
For this money buy a Windows 8.1 tablet...
3. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Agree... I bought the original Surface from best buy for $599 a few weeks ago and feel it offers more than any Android tablet around that same price.
5. tenho1982 (Posts: 68; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
1. It's not a Surface Pro so it's not running on Windows OS as in traditional laptops/desktops.
2. It's a 10-inch device compared to this 12.2 inch Galaxy Tab Pro (If you are a man you know how significant 2.2. inch difference is lol)
1+2 => For $50 less the price with a much older product, I see you lose much more than you thought.
6. elitewolverine (Posts: 3111; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Only someone who is 'short' would feel demeened 2in.
Also the surface pro is how much now? The pro starts at 899 and considering its usage, is a full desktop.
Your first point is useless since you cannot run desktop apps either on this device, you will have to rely on 'apps'.
Or you could go this routehttp://www.newegg.com/Product/
ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N= 100013687%20600457678&IsNodeId =1&Description=windows%208%20t ablet&bop=And&Order=PRICE&Page Size=20
There is more than enough tablets, for cheaper, for an actual desktop os with windows 8.1
Heck for $649 from samsung, i get double the HDD space, and a keyboard. 11.6in screen
Sorry 649 for a wifi only android 'toy' (let the hate begin), is not by any means my idea for device. If this was 499, then yes, score.
Or get a refurb. I paid 249$ for a 11.6in Lenovo Lynx Tablet, with dock support, and a 1 year warranty from Lenovo, then Neweggs 1yr addition to that, and was still half the cost of this device. Oh and double the HDD space. Sure screen resolution is not to par but for 259 do i care?
8. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Sorry, it is a Surface Pro running Windows 8.1...no RT BS, forgot to mention that but also figured the purchase price would make that obvious that it was the Pro. I needed an i5 processor at least. Would have liked more than 128 GB hard drive but the micro SD slot should make up for that. Also has a stylus, al-la the $749.99 Note Pro. I'll still take 2.2 less screen since I hook the Surface up to my 60" TV and that's pleanty big. Then have a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard for it so I get the best of both worlds.
12. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Oh and it's only 1.6 inch screen difference since the Surface Pro is 10.6 in screen. An inch and a half makes no difference to me. The Tab Pro is a little lighter, so you could say it's more portable and has a better resolution but I'll still take the Surface Pro over this for the price. Double the hard drive space and double the RAM too unless the Tab Pro has 3GB in it. Surface Pro is 4GB.
7. Finalflash (Posts: 2095; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
600 for the ORIGINAL surface??? you got ripped off man they trade those for sandwiches now.
9. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
4. camera531 (Posts: 243; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I've tried the Note 12.2 and while it's great in many ways, there are also significant problems. There are multiple points of light bleed in the screen (which is absolutely inexcusable in 2014!). Most reviews point this out as well. That alone is a deal breaker for me. The performance can also be laggy and glitchy, especially with both browsers. It's an amazing concept, but the reality of the tablet falls a little short. I'd get a Windows tablet or iPad before this.
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1580; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Well said. Investing to Surface Pro 2 or other W8 tablet/laptop/hybrid is better choice, as well as saving money and getting fantastic iPad Air or Android tablet.
11. Totse2k15 (Posts: 339; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
$649.99/$749.99? That can get me the next upcoming new Nexus 8 AND the new Nexus 10 2014. No thanks, Sammy.
13. joey_sfb (Posts: 4081; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I am very happy with my note pro 12.2 and that all that matters to me :-)