Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 gets sweet Android 4.0 update via Kies
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2012, 21:50 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet is getting updated to Android 4.0 without the use of the OTA process to make life a bit easier for owner of the tablet; instead, Samsung will be using its Kies system which syncs up your home computer and your tablet in order to install the updated OS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AdamLeonard (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Aug 2011)
So now it's only 1 OS behind current again.
4. galanoth (Posts: 425; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Seeing as how jelly bean isn't officially released yet. I'd say 4.0.4 is up to date and not behind.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the source code is the start signal for OEMs and it's up.
12. AdamLeonard (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Aug 2011)
It's available on the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7
2. imkyle (Posts: 1074; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Go Samsung. Release this update to all your tabs before the end of August and you will be good.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
nice, the 7.7 is a really solid Tablet offering. ICS will make that Exynos truly shine.
6. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Hmm, tablets are rather easy to port as they are not as heavily skinned as the phone versions. That's why Samsung could update almost all their tablets so quickly.
7. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I have this tablet. Android is behind I can update my iPad ota.
8. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Nah, just Samsung.
Taco?!? Owning an Android tablet?
AW MAH GAWWWWWD
9. ph00ny (Posts: 1245; Member since: 26 May 2011)
hahah it says 1Ghz RAM
also my VZW 7.7 probably won't see ICS for another four months seeing how verizon botched Galaxy Nexus update release for roughly four months
10. jeji11 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Go Samsung. Release this update to all your tabs before the end of August and you will be good. I'm fans samsung not apple :P
11. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Note to Samsung : Please redo your kies software it sucks
And please deliver your updates OTA like HTC
13. jarome (Posts: 6; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This is a disaster. I have not been able to get Kies to work for me on three different Windows machines! It always disconnects the USB as the download is starting!
Kies DOES NOT WORK!!!