Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 "inadequate" compared to Apple iPad 2 says manufacturer
0. phoneArena 04 Mar 2011, 13:09 posted on
Samsung says that its Galaxy Tab 10.1 feels inadequate compared to the just announced Apple iPad 2, so the Korean based manufacturer is sharpening up its pencils in a bid to make improvements on the device, particular the measurements...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Android (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Dec 2010)
Why is Samsung even worried about having the thinnest Tablet. They should be glad that at least their products don't break as easy when accidentally dropped.
3. derp (unregistered)
get rid of android. problem solved.
15. sam_tek (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Feb 2011)
really why did some thumbs down the guy above me when all he did was to second what the guy above him said, who was given thumbs up!
Anyways, back to the topic, PhoneArena, don't be such an apple kissass.
Lee was talking about the "parts" or the size of the device. Nothing for speculation is it! obvisouly the ipad is thinner! he didn't talk about his device (as a whole) being inadequate to that of apple's
4. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Hahaha this one will burn all the android trolls.
5. Hello-dirt (Posts: 100; Member since: 02 May 2010)
just make it good enough to replace my laptop by providing tons of inexpensive accessories. I don't care if it is the lightest or isn't the thinnest, just give me a nicely development tablet that will make my laptop (basic variety laptop) obsolete. Oh, and make sure it supports an external monitor so when at home I can enjoy a larger screen. That's it. Get on it Samsung.
6. arena09 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Mar 2011)
The more they (Samsung) release statements like these, the more users would think that the ipad2 is ahead of the game. They should just stick to their hardware for now, and to be competitive with the ipad, lower its price, and then release a thinner and lighter tab at the end of the year for the holidays.
8. jinwons (Posts: 89; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Agreed. I don't know why they even bother say things like this. There is nothing iPad2 outclasses Tab 10.1 other than thickness, pricing. They just need to release Tab 10.1 with the similar or undercutting price to iPad2 and work on improving form factor.
9. sactomkiii (unregistered)
so they're freaking out over 9/100ths of a inch....
25. johndude (unregistered)
/\ Exactly. Why does it even matter how thin a tablet is, as long as it's thin? It's not like it needs to fit into your pocket comfortably. As long as it doesn't feel like you're carrying around a brick, does it really matter?
17. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Most consumers don't even know how to set up their email let alone know what a 1GHz processor is...You can't throw tech terms at people who aren't techie to impress them.
22. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and for all those idiots, there's apple. no thinking allowed! steve jobs will do it all for you!!
10. vf.artagnan (unregistered)
Make the screen super amoled, increase the screen resolution plus lower the price and that would seal the deal.
By the way make your product have a reputation first before demanding a higher price.
11. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
I agree. That's why I don't understand xoom's pricing. Like it or not, the ipad is the dominant tablet. They can't just barge in the market with their new and consumer untested tablet like that. They need to offer something more appealing than hardware specs. And let's face it, the ipad still has the upper hand on apps availability. Motorola should've priced the xoom a little bit less than the ipad.
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5284; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Agreed, but I think they didnt wanted to people to consider the xoom "a poor man's ipad" they should have gone cheaper
13. lucasjohny (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Feb 2011)
This can be use as a day to day device cause u can make normal call. Can ipad 2 make call? guys please think twice before u f android.
14. VJ (unregistered)
The real differentiators:
- iPad 2 has no GPS, whereas Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 does
- The iPad has no SD Card Slot, but Samsung Galaxy Tab does
- As of now it looks Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 likely have double the RAM of the iPad 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has USB
- Samsung Galaxy Tab has more realestate & better resolution
Spec to Spec Tab looks way ahead of the game....
C'mon Sammy Price is right & I'll pick one !!!!
16. MobilePhoneMaster (unregistered)
Sasmung Galaxy Tab 10.1 VS iPad 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 supports HSDPA 21 Mbit/s, Apple iPad 2 only 14.4 Mbit/s
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 supports HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, Apple iPad 2 only 2.0 Mbit/s
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has better display resolution
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has 6860 mAh, Apple iPad 2 only 2500 mAh. Remember that with the same battery, an Android device can life longer that an iOS device.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 runs Android Honeycomb (3.0) OS. Apple iPad 2 runs the stupid and lack of features OS (iOS 4)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has full hd (1920x1080) (1080p HD) video recording. Apple iPad 2 only HD (1280x720) (720p HD)
We can conclude that Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is better than iPad 2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is for people who need device with many great features and iPad 2 is for people who don't care about technology (Outdated).
You must know that iOS 4 is far behind Symbian OS. So, iOS is more far behind Android.
24. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I guess you know better than Samsungs executives
18. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the people that Apple goes after is everyone. We nerds spit out all these specs for why other tabs are better than the iPad 2, but most people have no idea what a lot of these things are. Hell, people come in my store and ask me why the Motorola Atrix is better than the iPhone 4. When I bring out the multi-core processor and hard drive, they have no clue what I'm talking about. The world is not tech savvy as much as they'd like to be. I think one of the biggest reasons people are attracted to Apple products is because they don't shout their specs out on their casual products. They show you what you can do with it.
The iPad, iPhone, and iPod are made for average consumers, which is the majority. That's why Apple is popular. You don't have to be a genius to use their products. And because for once, a tech company decided to cater toward regular consumers, Apple is popular. The specs may not be up there with the Xoom...but folks don't care about specs. They just want to do all the cool stuff you see on TV and that their friends are doing.
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5284; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Man I sometimes love those comment of yours
20. clevername (Posts: 1401; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Jeff I love how I've seen you post this amazingly valid point several times and no one listens. Their idiots your right. No one cares that apple products are under-spec'd compared to androids top offerings. It's not by much either but no one cares. You're righ apple shows people what they can do and their products "just work" with no qualms. And their sexy. So if I'm the average consumer I say "well this one looks way better and it does everything I want it to do. I also know apple product work. I'm not too familiar with this android but I know it's popular, but the iPad is also cheaper."
Reputation for working
Those are the ingredients apple uses to sell.
Who cares if it's not the best product.
Kudos jeff you nailed it.
26. doubler86 (Posts: 304; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Well if your explaining it like that as a sales person no one would care. If you explain this is faster than the iPhone, won't drop as many calls, lets you go on any website without a problem, and finally lets you have all the best apps for free, then your customers we buy it 9 times out of 10.
It's how you market it. Apple has way better marketing than any electronic company out there right now. They're products are always inferior in every way for what you get. But they market themselves so good that people actually buy them still. Android is just as easy as apple and lets you do more. Windows 7 is now statistically easier than Snow Leopard according to recent studies, but since Apple has a better marketing for themselves they give a greatest illusion of a great product that has ever been done.
21. AlternateCreativity (Posts: 11; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Please someone build a tablet that is not a ipad wanna be, yes i said it coz serz there os is just a blown up version of the phone version yes im looking at you apple aswell, and i aint a hater ima free agent to any phone builder thats gives me something i havent already seen in a bloody phone!