Samsung Galaxy Stellar with 4G LTE is announced, yours for free on contract
Samsung Galaxy Stellar for Verizon Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design
05 Dec 2013, 10:44
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
03 Dec 2013, 05:54
How to take better photos with your Samsung Galaxy Note 3
05 Dec 2013, 03:02
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Nexus 5 huge camera ring actually holds a magnet for add-on lenses
05 Dec 2013, 09:51
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
Samsung Galaxy Stellar for Verizon
The easy-to-use 4G LTE enabled Samsung Galaxy Stellar is designed to be compact so it fits easily in a customer’s hand and makes the first-time smartphone experience simple. The Stellar features a dual interface option so customers can choose between Starter Mode or Standard Mode. Starter Mode features a simplified home screen display with preset widgets such as Favorite Apps, Favorite Contacts and Favorite Settings for quick and easy access to frequently used apps and settings. Starter Mode also features a quick dialer icon that allows customers to make phone calls directly from the home screen. Standard Mode provides customers with a more conventional layout and gives customers the traditional Android™ experience. The Stellar also includes a Help app that features guided tours and tips for changing settings and more, so customers can master their devices.
Samsung Galaxy Stellar customers can take advantage of blazingly fast 4G LTE connectivity to access an array of convenient and multimedia rich apps. A suite of Amazon apps is included that offers customers easy ways to discover content such as watching movie trailers on the IMDB app, downloading audio books with the Audible app, and one-click ordering with the Amazon shopping app. The Stellar also offers a variety of premium TV and film content for rent or purchase through the Samsung Media Hub.
The Galaxy Stellar is a SAFE™ (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) approved device featuring on-device AES 256-bit encryption, enhanced support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® and support for industry-leading Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions to make working on the go secure.
- 4G LTE – customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE coverage areas
- 4-inch WVGA display (800 x 480)
- Suite of Amazon apps includes Kindle, Shopping, MP3, Zappos, IMDB and Audible
- 1.2 dual-core GHz Snapdragon™ application processor
- Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB
- Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich – support for Google Mobile™ Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 600,000 apps available to download from Google Play
- Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat and 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera with auto focus
- Backup Assistant Plus – media management and online storage service designed to help customers store and access media content such as music, videos, pictures, documents and contacts.
- Samsung's SAFE enterprise mobility solutions provide flexibility and connectivity for mobile workforces, ensuring that users are able to operate more efficiently while on–the-move.
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS) – communicate directly with your Microsoft Exchange Server enabling push email, calendar and contacts
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) Support from Industry-Leading Solutions Providers – supports industry-standard VPN protocols to help users efficiently tap into VPN networks and MDM capabilities that allow IT departments to effectively safeguard employees’ mobile devices and corporate data.
- On Device Encryption –SAFE helps prevent unauthorized access to mobile data by leveraging the AES 256-bit encryption standard, encrypting all data, including app-specific internal data and internal/external memory.
Pricing and availability:
The Samsung Galaxy Stellar will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com starting Sept. 6 for free after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Customers purchasing the Galaxy Stellar will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless data plan. Share Everything Plans allow customers to add the Stellar to their account for $40 monthly access. For additional information, customers should go to www.verizonwireless.com/shareeverything
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
1. hung2900 (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
when the next iphone is released, iphone 4's price is predicted to be zero on-contract, but free is still expensive compared to it.
2. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
this is why 1 of every 4 android devices is a Samsung they are flooding the market with multiple crapware devices at multiple price points for different carriers. you have the S3 an awesome high end, the S2 a solid hiher end mid level device and hell if they market the OG Epic ( sprints variant of the Galaxy s) right it would be a good solid entry level... aarg.
3. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Is there any international version coming for this device
4. Obdabeast (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
this is actually good for verizon wireless.. I teach the workshops for android and iphone.. and normally when recommending a starter ( dummy proof ) phone I normally suggest the lg lucid or iphone for begginers.. and this phone will make life so much easier for those people 40+ ( age wise) who want to get into the smartphone era.