Samsung Galaxy S7: Note 5-like form factor, protruding camera and more
1. byazatt (Posts: 269; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I don't expect much difference in form factor between s7 and last year's flagships.
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12979; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
All of Samsung lineup is looking samey.
17. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
So does the brand of phone you love. What's your point? #justsayin'
19. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12979; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
u mad bro? Stop making silly comments techie.
2. nctx77 (Posts: 1959; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
In other words, if you have a Note 5, S6 edge plus or pretty much any flagship from last year, you might as well over look this launch. I'm really stating to think that these tech companies need to go to a two year release cycle. Apple already kind of does this with the "S" model.
10. DellDeep (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Nov 2015)
But Apple is tricking consumers to buy a s**tty ass phone year after year.
16. Landon (Posts: 488; Member since: 07 May 2015)
They aren't s**tty. Kim Kardashian has one. Oh wait....
18. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
She's s**tty. They go well together.
21. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12979; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Overexposed like TouchWiz, she sounds more fit for a Galaxy phone.
25. Landon (Posts: 488; Member since: 07 May 2015)
I was being sarcastic. She's a waste of space. :D
15. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Design same does not mean the phone is same. Besides, Sony is doing it for 3 years now, HTC for 2, LG for 2(G3 and G4) and so on.... No company makes new design every year and it would be stupid to expect that. Consumers(not us mobile geeks) DON'T like too much change.
I'm not telling to not change design at all. Some things definitely get long in the tooth. But too much focus on design takes focus off the other aspects of the phone.
There is a lot more to a phone than just design. There's screen, camera, durability, battery life, biometrics etc to name a few. And you are forgetting that Apple 'S' models are the best iPhones to buy. 5S was amazing and so is 6S, compared to the lame iPhone 6 which just got bigger and nothing much improved. 6S on the other hand is crazy fast, has the best fingerprint sensor ever, is way more strong than iPhone 6 due to 7000 series Al alloy and introduced 3D touch to name a few.
Iterative changes are usually the best ones. Take for example lollipop v/s marshmallow. lollipop changed a lot of stuff, but did terrible on efficiency and had a ton of bugs. Marshmallow on the other hand just fixed the things and brought a new features. A stable iterative release is often necessary after an overhaul, and it is a good thing.
27. BlackhawkFlys (Posts: 337; Member since: 07 May 2014)
Huawei, ZTE, Xiaomi..They have much more variety when it comes to design.. And there designs looks better too. Btw I love the designs of the Samsung Galaxy S6, Edge and Note 5.
34. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Xiaomi Mi4(2014) and MI note look the same. Almost all of the huawei mate series looks the same.
Better designs is a subjective term. IMO Xiaomi designs are a bit too generic. Huawei phones look great though. ZTE is meh.
What I mean to say is no OEM makes a new design every year. Too much deviation from what works can play out wrong.
30. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
protruding camering is perfectly fine... larger sensor needs more space and I wont mind bulge to get a good camera... I have Nokia 808, GS 7 will not have a bulge similar to it... even if similar, I wont mind if it will have a great camera
35. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 333; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Nah it makes sense because most people are on 2 year contract so when it is time for them to upgrade there is a worth while to do so.
20. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
The OS is what actually makes it even more awesome.
26. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12979; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I hope you mean Android because there's nothing that makes TouchWiz awesome by any means.
4. bur60 (Posts: 847; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
Curved back... Loved that so much more than the edge screen.... Sammy is coming for my money
5. uzimafioso (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
Samsung has yet to design a good looking phone.
9. GreenMan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
@uzimafioso I dislike Samsung myself... But their flagship phones are visually stunning & are technological marvels when it comes to hardware...
Again, only let down by the BLOATY UGLY OS... Hence my previous remark...
11. DellDeep (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Nov 2015)
You both are clearly idiots and Apple fanboys. Bloaty OS? GTFO
Samsung hands down provides the best mobile phones available with the best designs. Ask anybody.
12. GreenMan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
@DellDeep You mean: "Ask Fanboys", right?
Because |anybody's| opinion is exactly same as mine...
14. DellDeep (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Nov 2015)
No, I mean websites, including this one that agree Samsung has some of the best if not the best phones out.
22. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Based on your opinion.
However, reviews of the Note 5 and the S6 Edge especially on every blog site seems to have a far different opinion.
They have stated as fact that the 2015 phone models from Samsung are the best looking devices they have ever made.
28. BlackhawkFlys (Posts: 337; Member since: 07 May 2014)
Which one is a good designed phone? I would like you to mention one example.
6. jessyi (Posts: 325; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
LG G5 looks more intresting if this is the case with the s7.
32. BlackhawkFlys (Posts: 337; Member since: 07 May 2014)
I had LG G3 which would restart endlessly until I would remove the battery several time.. My father has LG Optimus G Pro... It turn off by itself... Looks like the bettery is loose.. When I apply force on the battery and push the power button then only it starts again.. I have to put a paper inside so that the battery sit in properly.. I loved LG but, these two phones has given me a very bad experience.
7. Tatzlos (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Aug 2015)
Fake.The phone case maker show it will be same design as Galaxy S6
23. UglyFrank (Posts: 1649; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
The case makers don't have the actual design, they are just guessing. When the S7 comes out, they will all change their pictures
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 21201; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If the new Galaxy phones look better than the current ones, then watch out. Just please don't ruin the look of the most beautiful phone ever...the Edge Plus.
24. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
PA you deleting posts again?
Protruding cameras isn't seen as a negative on anyone else's phone, why is it painted as such here?
Those protruding cameras have lead to the S6's and Note 5 especially to take the best pictures of 2015. The S5/Note 4 also took beastly pictures with the Note 4 being the best of 2014. The Note 3 and S4 also took very good pictures.
The bumps make room for better optics. Also the casing just happens to be thinner than the camera sensor.
31. JMartin22 (Posts: 1969; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
If it turns out to be similar to the Note 5, I'll be very satisfied. The former has a very good screen-to-body ratio hitting almost 77%.
33. c.hack (Posts: 609; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
More POS Samsucks? The droidtards probably need a new one because they stuck their styluses in backwards again.