Samsung Galaxy S6 vs LG G4 blind camera comparison: beautiful Barcelona edition
2. shnibz (Posts: 299; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
I know one thing, my LG G4 has got considerably slower to auto focus in its lifetime. My wife's GS6 has not.
6. Scarambay (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
I go with B, D, F, G, I, K. All these seem to be taken by the same phone.
42. Shocky (unregistered)
Indeed. odd that.
Seems very clear cut this time around, why were the comparisons last year so close?
This device is clearly taking better pictures than the other.
49. Alexerfr0st (Posts: 7; Member since: 19 Feb 2016)
Hey lad.. Same as me B,D,F,G,K,I. I think this is LG g4.. Lg g4 has a RAW JPG.. We already try it with s6, note 5 and lumia 950..g4 stands out
25. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2468; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Back to the store mate, that joke was stale.
14. marorun (Posts: 3564; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
All picture are pretty close but i like the deeper color and contrast in some of them.
Would had loved to be able to see those as full screen for all the smaller detail.
Overall two good phone no matter wich one win.
43. Shocky (unregistered)
No they're not, if you think they're close then you need your eyes tested.
15. Shocky (unregistered)
Why are they doing this again???
17. Shocky (unregistered)
I would disagree.
52. TerryTerius (Posts: 1780; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
And I disagree with you. That's the joy of personal opinion.
21. ShadowHammer (Posts: 98; Member since: 13 Mar 2015)
For a couple of those photos, it was close enough to be a coin toss for me. I would be curious if the poll had a third option that said they are equally good we could vote for. Oh well.
26. skymitch89 (Posts: 1299; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
A actually showed some of the sky, but B had more detail. So I went with B
D was just better all around.
F had more color & detail.
G had better contrast and captured less reflection in the glass.
I had quite a bit better contrast than J did.
Both seemed to be about equal in amount of light, but K looked to pick up better details.
33. ibend (Posts: 4581; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
I just pick the more colorfull pic
and yes, scene 6 is pretty much the same, but somehow 95% (including me) pick K
28. df1190 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Feb 2016)
Am I the only one? or does anyone noticed the reflex in photos G (S6) and H (G4)?
In my opinion S6 has a better camera.
50. Coconut00 (Posts: 479; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
Just noticed that. Seems the S6 is going to win.
30. RaulBlas (Posts: 38; Member since: 31 Mar 2014)
There should be 100% crops so we can tell better the difference. Besides differents exposures, both pictures are equally good. No hands down winner here.
31. tiko13 (Posts: 19; Member since: 29 Jan 2015)
Next time please at least remove the exif data from the photos, my chrome plugin shows them on each picture even with gps coordinates...
40. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
LOL. But it shows EXIF of only 1 image, out of two. If you look carefully at the preview, it shows the EXIF of right one.
47. Shocky (unregistered)
Shows both for me, depends which image you hover over.
A little tricky with the divider though.
48. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Mine is not the hovering type. I use the 'EXIF viewer' one with the blue digital camera icon. it has a small icon on the bottom of every image. That icon only shows the EXIF of right image.
Anyway, it looks like the S6 is winning on every poll. Unsurprising given that S6 has improved a lot with software updates and it's auto mode was superior to begin with.
34. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2275; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
This is a cool way, of comparing photos @PA
38. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
That slider makes it very easy to compare, really very nice job PA.
39. igy_tech (Posts: 19; Member since: 15 May 2015)
I think that S6 have better pictures in automod. But same pictures can get with G4 with little play with options.
45. Shocky (unregistered)
Don't understand why LG can't get the auto mode right.
So to achieve the same result on an LG G4 you have to use manual mode, which ultimately will take more time and will depend on the users experience (may turn out worse or better).
Where as with Galaxy S6 you just point and shoot, job done.
41. fatexo (Posts: 214; Member since: 21 May 2010)
I can clearly see the reflection of S6 in photo G and G4 in photo H
44. T-rex (unregistered)
Great new tool though, congrats
46. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 2935; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
B, C, F, G, I, K...
Seriously Phonearena, remove EXIF data, this isn't as blind as you think it is, even with your sliders, a chrome extension quickly picks up which image is from which device...no I didn't pick my choiced based on them, but some fanboys will.
54. Midoo93 (Posts: 36; Member since: 15 Sep 2015)
S6 will clearly win this battle because of the fact that everyone obviously prefers the over-saturated pictures and not the natural ones. Bring the battle on with the manual mode and see S6 get r*aped by LG G4!!