Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 both tipped to use flexible screen
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2014, 10:09 posted on
While the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is rumored to employ a flexible three sided Youm screen, there is talk about Samsung building a new factory for the sole purpose of manufacturing more flexible screens. The current rumor is that Sammy will start offering flexible screens in earnest starting with the Samsung Galaxy S6. That would be next year's version of the Korean manufacturer's flagship model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 1195; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Ok then, i'll get the iphone 6 this fall... Keep my Note, for one more year, and get the Note 5 next year... :) Believe it or not, my international OG-Note1 with multi-window is still giving me a world of fun,,, it's a little slow but still kicking... O.o
7. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
same rumoured for s5 n note3 ..... i bet Samsung ll choose other Name for such new thing .....
26. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
no i thing they don´t cuz they need to ofer something new for the s- flagshipline :-)
31. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
They will put new build material that Samsung develop. Not youm as the tech media mislead you. The tech media is always wrong( or iServing) y. Youm is not for S-Pen scratching.
NOT CHEAP ALUMINUN, though.
15. Ashoaib (Posts: 2668; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I will wait for galaxy6 n note5 too... I will not buy any phone this year then
2. htcforlife (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
I dont get it.
Why rounded glass and curved displays?
30. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
The tech media is wrong as always. And mislead you.
The "new form factor" of Note 4 will come because of the new material that Samsung develop. Not "youm". Why would Note 4 have soft youm for the S Pen?
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What your comment has to do with mine? Or you just write random bulls**t?
36. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
You are right that this my comment was not for you.
Don't know how IT WAS REPLACED with this.
I wrote, that we the normal ppl, are not so "trendy" and "fashion adicted" like you iboys, and Tim Cook.
But this my comment was removed.
16. tedkord (Posts: 6507; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Curved displays for readability in bright settings.
19. wargreymon (Posts: 345; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
If you havent used a G Flex you really should try it, freaking amazing. Sadly it was too big for me to keep.
28. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Yup. No "mental"
And should never go for the cheap ALUMINUM . The worst material EVER.
I guess the tech media are wrong as always.
The "new form factor" will come mostly because of the new material that Samsung develop. Note 4 with S pen doesn't need youm much .
32. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
The cheap ALUMINUM= Easy to dent, hard to replace, bad signal, not good for holding in hand and in the pocket, no wireless charging, hard to make swappable battery, risk for the life when shortcut..........
Besides Samsung develop new material .
34. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"risk for the life when shortcut..."
44. Teja171 (unregistered)
Speaking about the temperatures, that stupid Premium material gets so hot that I could make half boiled coffee out of it.
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Bot of them has advantages and disadvantages, dont pay attention to The-Sailor-Man he is just writing random crap and trolling around.
37. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
What are the "advantages" of the ALUMINUM iboy? LOL
Except of, that iphone is made of ALUMINUM?
4. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
isn't it obvious..... 2015 will be the great year for smartphones.....flexible screen, 64bit processors, new tech batteries with greater capacity and very fast recharging time.....4k tablet screens,console compareble gpu, and many more......
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6974; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Flexible screens yes 64bit processor no.
20. wargreymon (Posts: 345; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Uhm, since most chips are moving over to A50-series in Q4 2014 and Q1 2015 Im pretty sure its safe to say flagships will be 64-bit next year.
39. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
They might be here some of the next years. But when realy have use of that,
Not like iphone5S useless 64bit gimmick
27. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Dude...64-bit processors are already here. For almost an year. Iphone 5S:) Try it.
38. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
"Try it" ?????
How???? With 1GB RAM???
41. elitewolverine (Posts: 2937; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
let me guess you read that 64bit is only because of 4gb...this is why people just laugh at you
45. edutechs (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Jun 2014)
Very true as i saw it in this site also giving info about s6.
6. byczybyk (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
lol ... sammytoday.com/news/samsung-display-to-invest-into-asan-a3-flexible-oled-plant.html
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6974; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Ah finally the moment I've been waiting for. So it was good to skipped all other galaxy device. Waiting next year for their flexible screen phones.
11. Teja171 (unregistered)
Galaxy S20, has no screen at all. LOL
42. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
And the iphone20 will have a 4.8 inch screen with 12 mp camera.?
Oh.. maybe a heart rate monitor too.! :)
43. Teja171 (unregistered)
No, it would have NFC by then. May be wireless charging too.
13. SonyPS4 (Posts: 290; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I wont believe all these rumour. I heard since last year Galaxy Note 3 is going to use flexible display. But it not happened. Then S5 also same. It seems Note 4 will still using improve display from S5.
14. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Been saying this for years now. .... Hope its true this time..
18. HouTexan (Posts: 356; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
And hopefully our Texans do excellent in the draft this year.
17. sip1995 (Posts: 1201; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
There is a difference between"flexible" and "curved" screens.....i think both phones will have curved screens.
21. iushnt (Posts: 887; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
i think sammy will hold on technology until and unless they face serious competition from other android OEMs in terms of sales.
22. amasog (Posts: 219; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
blah blah blah!! flexible, flexible!! since when this flexible screened-phone rumors came out?? until now still a rumor??
so tired!! if apple release a flexible-screened phone, sure, samsung will follow, i mean, will copy & release their own quickly!!!
23. D79_D79_ (Posts: 38; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
Samsung has only just released there S5, give it a chance, omg chill with the dumb rumours! And concentrate on whata happening this year.
Your way ahead of yourselfs
24. mmmanuuu (Posts: 295; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Tomorrow there will be a new news in phonearena about purchasing of a new factory by apple to built flexible displays which will bend only in your dreams :-)
40. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
The new news in phonearena will be about purchasing of a new factory by apple for making "sapphire" , "gold" "jewelry" , "luxury bra and pants" with Apple logo on it.
Forget the technology , Apple are far from that.
Or "How much would you pay to have lunch with Tim Cook?" Or dinner?
46. thegeekyworld.com (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
Galaxy Note 5?? Its too far away to say anything about the phablet. Though you said it might feature three sided display but I think Samsung would come with another device having three-sided display rather than infusing it in Note 5. anyways thegalaxynote5.com give more information about Note 5.