Samsung Galaxy S5's first day sales were 30% to 100% higher than its predecessor's launch day sales
0. phoneArena 13 Apr 2014, 02:30 posted on
According to a report published Sunday out of Korea, first day sales of the Samsung Galaxy S5 beat out the launch day sales of its predecessor. In some countries, sales of the new model doubled the amount of sales that the Samsung Galaxy S4 drew on its first day of release. Overall, sales of the Samsung Galaxy S5 were 30% to 100% higher on its opening day than the numbers achieved by the Samsung Galaxy S4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kobainez (Posts: 310; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I call this bullsh1t. I think samsung is lying. How could they sell more of this ugly crap when it's more ugly than its predecessor? If this is true that means samsung need to design galaxy s6 uglier than galaxy s5 to get more sells.
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Haters comments count starts now. Dont be jealous take it easy. Lol.
43. Finalflash (Posts: 2040; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well, they have to understand, these might be first time smartphone buyers as well as people from Apple or WP or other Android camps that want to try the S5. They aren't people who have an S4 (some maybe), but those plus S3 owners can also be here for this. You have to imagine, even 10-20 million people is a drop in the bucket that is the 1 billion android phones that sell every year.
51. marlboro (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
30-100% sale? ask what's the marginal cost of production and their gains and or profits! oh, BTW Samsung is cheap! LOL
52. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Sssh or else samsung will buy your a$$ off, Ultra cheap iBoy
72. marlboro (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
dude I have all types of platform, so STF! HAHA
105. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
No One Cares HAHA! As Long As Your Beloved Brands Can't Sell HAHA! #Numbers #TheyHurt #HAHA
70. jdoee100 (Posts: 331; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Gains and profits?
Samsung is the #1 smartphone company in the world, and on top of this, they gained even more market share last quarter. They make 7~10 Billion dollars profit per quarter, that's about ~30 Billion dollars per year. Samsung is cheap?? LOL
92. marlboro (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
we are talking between the s4 and s5! read first! and I'm differentiating their sales between their gains! haha! cheap product/price=higher sales but not necessarily higher profit! you and your liker/s are dumbA$$! lol
98. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Dude stop talking BS. I bet you are an iBoy. I've seen you bashing PapaSmurf with that androiphone.
111. marlboro (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
coz smurf was a fandroid bashing ios just like you! haha! dude if you wish you can have my g2 and z1! LMAO
99. jdoee100 (Posts: 331; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Dude, take a chill pill. Profit is in Billions, who cares if it's S4 or S1000.
115. marlboro (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
production cost is in trillions! haha! the article says "Samsung Galaxy S5's first day sales were 30% to 100% higher than its predecessor's launch day sales." s5 is $$$ cheaper than the s4's first day release... read to achieve! HAHA
148. Mr.Verizon (Posts: 23; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
I have the s5 and it doesn't feel cheap in my hand. The plastic is the same polycarbonate plastic otterbox is made from that most iphone users put on to protect their beloved premium iphones...which means they don't even get to feel the phone in their hand. Whats the point of a premium feel if your gonna end up covering it up anyway with some sort of case.
Shallow people who want to show their phones off wont put a case on it, but most people who don't want to pay insurance claims or buy used phone to replace theirs will just case it up anyway. This whole premium phone discussion is getting stupid with the screens getting bigger people are starting to protect their phones more, so whats it matter at this point?
137. Ashoaib (Posts: 2605; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
You are a fool if you are determining the price by production cost... samsung has built a very strong relationship with dealers and distributors.. samsung take very less profit on its products as compared to apple... but we get samsung's products in high prices bcoz most of that money goes into dealers n distributors pocket
149. marlboro (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
"but we get samsung's products in high prices bcoz most of that money goes into dealers n distributors pocket" therefore Samsung will most likely not gain any profit at all? FOOL! read to achieve! LOL you're just trolling with yourself...
189. joey_sfb (Posts: 3824; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Why do we consumers have to care on whether Samsung make a profit or not? I care about paying as little as possible for my devices.
Free would be most preferred.
198. Ashoaib (Posts: 2605; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
You nonesen$e... who told you samsung made no profit at all? they are not doing charity n not making phones to put in ur hole... samsung's phone usually sold at three to four times higher then manufacturing cost bcoz one time profit goes to dealer, one time to distributor and if there is any other sales channel partner then also its share of a profit... yes I am trolling your smelly as*
56. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
no one is jelly of this, the hate and dislike of this S5 is that it looks ugly. the S2 was the best design cause it was more sharp edged and the S3 was the ugliest having curves and bends everywhere. the S4 was ok, but S5,,,,,
76. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 468; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I held a white S5 in an AT&T store yesterday, it's actually not as bad as the pictures make it look. Although it definitely doesn't look great.
85. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
IF IT LOOKED LIKE the S2 i wouldve been wanting this with 3gb ram, but big no to this my note3 is way much better than this with an overclocked A15 EXYNOS clocked at 2.5 will destroy this 2.5s801
106. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
You Don't even own a Samsung. In fact you trolled every Samsung article. Stop Trolling. #MarketShareHurtsIKnow.
116. Zsep123 (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Mar 2014)
It feels great in the hand and it actually doesn't look bad. I was planning on waiting for the Padfone X but I might just get the S5 instead.
100. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol whats this hate on curves. Doesnt your toilet seat has curves, or even that has sharp edges to look eye catching rofl. Your woman/girl is curvy or sharp edges lol. No offence but just take a chill pill on that curve hate. Htc one has curves but still looks stunning.
128. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
these are all obolong sharp edges which i find really sexy
im not hating on htc or samsung cause i have a m7 and n3 im hating on the design and plastic being used on the s5
tvs dont have curves if they do its the ugly apple tvs with big 3inch bezels
toilet seat sare ment to be curved
women are ment to have curves, but somethings are not ment to have curves
ive seen you commenting on sharp edged phones saying it looks sexy, so i feel the same to
65. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1019; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Oh the irony, you are always first in line to hate on everything not Samsung.
104. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
But i'm not a blind hater like majority of samsung haters. I have a reason always. I hate htc for their gimmicky cameras but i love the stunning design of One family right from One X, S. Lg for HORRIBLE UI but i love their compact designs lately. Sony for their inferior displays except z ultra, z1 compact, z2 but love their designs and camera.
122. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Stop with this "stunning design" BS, already.
HTC M8 is fugly as a hell. And no one dare to say that truth.
BEACAUSE the iboys love ALUMINUM, ALUMINUM, ALUMINUM, ALUMINUM....
Besides only ppl with Tim Cook's "desigh" orientation, can put the furst look over the real tech-design and functionallity,
129. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
it is fugly even the m7 looks better
140. Ashoaib (Posts: 2605; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I dont understand why ppl think aluminum is premium? this world is really full of dorks, sometime ppl doesnt have any knowledge and they start running their mouth out of nowhere... alumium is a very cheap material whereas some plastic composites are way more expensive then aluminum... usually ppl made their mind based on what appear as premium regardless of reality...
146. papss (unregistered)
Tell BMW that real aluminum is junk
147. Ashoaib (Posts: 2605; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
See? I told you, sometime ppl run their mouth without thinking... do the cheap mean junk?
174. mariow2015 (Posts: 11; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
You guys really need to use spell-check sometime...
4. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
IMO the S5 looks better than the S4. Also, it does away with the gimmicks in the S4 and improves on basics like the camera, battery life and introduces a fingerprint sensor, something HTC couldn't manage to do with their M8. I'm no Android fan, but this is IMO the best Android phone on the market. So its not surprising to see people flock to buy it.
7. tech2 (Posts: 2825; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
IF it actually comes in.
What's the point in making a good device if you have such supply issues or have such heating problems ?
12. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeeh because Sony knew that they are going to have supply issues.. It will come soon and it will rock
31. Doakie (Posts: 1467; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Don't claim something rocks until it's been released, been reviewed and you've been able to own it for a little while to test it out. This whole "it will rock" firmly plants you into the fanboy category. Please just stop until it's released. You'll have plenty of time to gloat if it does rock.
33. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well it has already been released in some countries and there are many reviews out already.
58. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
come on we are adults, not kids. whats the big deal if it heats up? all electrical devices heat up when used for a prolong time, like gameing and opening heavy flash website.
why dont you ignore touching that small part where the CPU. GPU is? or just put a cover on, simple...
34. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The Z2 recycles the original Xperia Z's design. Also, its glass back is worse than the M8's aluminium body. Sony have a long way to go before they make a flagship that can compete with Samsung.
Till then its S5>M8>Z2.
35. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
S5=Z2>>>M8. Ultragimmickpixel camera killed M8 for many.
59. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
and also that phone looks so tall and long, looks very weird, also it looks uglier than the M7
37. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
...... S5 recycles with the original Galaxy S design... Also, it's not any worse than M8, I would say they are pretty equal. Though M8 sure feels better in the hand. Z2>M8>S5 S5 beats Z2 in 2 aspects: slightly higher clocked CPU and more comfortable to hold. Z2 has better camera, nicer more premium design, more RAM, better speakers, water proofer, lighter skin, better display, noise cancelling and so on.
55. avasponge (Posts: 40; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Actually there are stories of the S5 display being the best one out.
68. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
There are also stories about unicorns flying over the Atlantic ocean :D
117. tedkord (Posts: 6226; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Except the unicorns weren't scientifically proven on actual test equipment specifically designed to measure them conducted by a Ph.D physicist with decades of experience.
Kind of a little differentiator.
78. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The Z2 shares the same design the Z1 had which shared the same design the Xperia Z had. Please stop bring oblivious. Also, DisplayMate rated the S5 as the best screen in the world. Desogn wise, S5 wins in my book because it's much more comfortable to hold in my hand (if the Z1S is uncomfortable, so the Z2 would be the same.)All T-Mobile stores in Chicago ran out of the black Galaxy S5 in Black within three hours of launch... Hard pill to swallow, right?
86. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
but it looks ugly with curves, concept phones have sharp edges like 925 lenovok850 oppo7 meizumi3 these phone turn head, when left on table or on your hands it sexy stunning modern stylish contemporary .
yes its not comfy to hold but it surely turns head
109. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
These are not phones. these are maybe washing machines? what the h*ll are these brands?
118. tedkord (Posts: 6226; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Do you stare at the back, or at the screen? What's more important for a smartphone, looks or function? I mean, if your biggest concern is turning people's heads, just buy one of the mockup fake phones with no insides and save hundreds.
107. maherk (Posts: 1947; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
same here in Dallas, I went to 3 tmobile stores and they said I ll have to wait for the black S5 since it is sold out. I am torn between buying the M8 or the S5, I tested both while at the store, while the S5 is almost perfect in my books, I can't but love the M8 for the looks and the way it feels in the hand. Still I did my research last night, and many reviews on XDA and andeoidforums said that their gunmetal M8 is scratching easily. Hope it is just a 1st patch issue, because I really want that m8!
130. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
dragontrail is much better quality than cheap aluminuim on the htc m8
108. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
And where no one cares. *cough*Z2CameraFailing*cough* #NumbersDontLie.
112. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
........... Where did you get that Z2 camera failing joke? Posted that same thing with the coughs at least 2 times already... #NumbersDon'tTellAnythingAboutTheProduct
133. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Well, search about it here on PA and think about how much I loved that article. ouch. #NumbersAreEverythingTheyDetirmineSuccessAndFailures #TheyAllWishTheyWereSamsung.
139. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
There is no such article... Keep dreaming your highness...
145. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
then I'll get it for you your highness :)
181. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
That does not tell the camera failing...
194. almostdone (Posts: 137; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
People will look at the huge bezels and be put right off. Phablet size with only a 5" screen.
Also many people I speak to don't trust the reliability of Sony phones. I've experienced the same with their phones. The software support is not always great either.