Samsung Galaxy S5 with QHD display, Snapdragon 805 CPU, 3GB RAM shows up in Hong Kong pricing database
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 07:08 posted on
The phone features a mouth-watering set of specs - QHD display (2560x1440), Snapdragon 805 CPU, 3GB RAM, 16MP camera, and a yet unheard of Android 4.4.3 KitKat. Sadly or not, there are no hints of metal to be found, aside from the side frame, which casts a chrome sheen. Then again, product images like this tend to look quite artificial...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. butteredjelly (Posts: 25; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I really hope this is a thing, I'd love for a QHD Samsung phone to make it's way to my pockets.
3. Ashoaib (Posts: 3124; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Same here, I also want holding a super Amoled Qhd phone from samsung
16. josephnero (Posts: 521; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
if it was Sony every one would complain about they just got first S5 just a week ago
21. Ashoaib (Posts: 3124; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
But I didnt got any S5 at all, so I cant complain :p
24. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
But is this the real deal
28. davenycept (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I'm sure it is true....where there i it's this much smoke there has to be some fire with it
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1965; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
They might have placed the wrong information and made a mistake. But if this turns out to be true I wouldn't be surprised since they had done this before with their galaxy s2 and s2 hd lte variants
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Price doesn't seem too bad for me at least.
7. butteredjelly (Posts: 25; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
for what we'd be paying, honestly I wouldn't mind it one bit. If released on US carriers, it'd be around $200 on contract anyways
6. Jazbec (Posts: 27; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
I bet everyone that bought the S5 has a really sore butthole now ... like me!
8. butteredjelly (Posts: 25; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I agree, but I'm still excited. If it's a real thing, I'll really have to consider it
9. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Releases flagship immediately, then rerelease it with higher specs shortly after.
Every year, rinse and repeat.
If you want a colored variety,
Expect the same.
17. sgodsell (Posts: 2798; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
The only things I would like are the 3gb of ram and the newer 805 CPU/GPU. To me the FHD 1920x1080 display is just fine.
25. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I would sell my L1020 and buy this, if this is for real
27. Armchair_Commentator (Posts: 222; Member since: 08 May 2014)
Yikes, the rest of my friends got the S5 but I held out, would consider if this is real.. unless they decide to re-re-release it
10. duartix (Posts: 258; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
I really don't understand what's so mouth watering about QHD and how faster it will drain your batteries, when compared to FullHD.
20. tedkord (Posts: 8980; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
We heard that about 720p and 1080p, but lo and behold, it didn't kill the batteries. Checking Displaymate, we found that each generation, the screens became more power efficient.
30. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Then you haven't seen QHD. While there are vast hordes of morons on the Internet who think the eye cannot resolve anything beyond "retina", the eye actually can see well above 500dpi. Having a denser display is easier to read and nicer to look at.
29. davenycept (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I know!!.. That's why I never got the S5 because I wanted to wait to see if the rumors were true and I think they are
33. blingblingthing (Posts: 513; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Since when did newer models stop launching? Does the older phone move slower because a newer model is out?
By that logic, you shouldn't buy a car, house, any piece of technology or food.
14. AstronautJones (Posts: 297; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Its not like we did not hear multiple stories of higher specs coming. I think the people that should be upset are those not read Phone arena or similar sites.
I don't think they will care.
He did say no S5 prime, but did hint at higher "premium"
devices. Still kind of sketchy and misleading, but you can read between the lines.
Higher specs are coming.
They always are
15. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
lets see the price when it comes out.. This will piss quite a few if it turns out to be true. At least Sony said they wil release every 6-7 months. Samsung totally denied it.
18. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
I knew it, it's just like last year S5 LTE A, S4 LTE A only was available in Korea & certain parts of Asia with LTE Advance. No where else. I knew the S5 Prime thing was people that didn't know what they were talking about.
22. mrmessma (Posts: 144; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I'm stoked because as a person with 20/20 vision, last time I was checked anyways, I don't give a humpty dump about QHD vs FHD, so this pushing down S5 prices, yes please.
26. npaladin2000 (Posts: 165; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Wow who's copycatting who now? How much does anyone want to bet it comes with the new "S-Tap" or "S-on" feature, where you double-tap on the screen and it wakes the phone? ;)
31. Cod3rror (Posts: 112; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
I wish they'd stop with the screen resolution craziness.
32. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Is this LTE-A version of the S5 different from the S5 Prime? They have similar specs, but that means more choices, which is great :P
34. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I doubt this is ever going to come here like the S800 version of the GS4 never came here. Unless Bell gets it for Canada. They release some weird stuff sometimes.