Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Note 3: first look
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2014, 11:06 posted on
The Galaxy S5 is newer than the Note 3 and - while it didn’t get that much-hyped Quad HD 2560 x 1440-pixel display - it packs newer silicon and a brand new 16-megapixel camera with new features…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Powerhouse vs Powerhouse
1st comment is a troll comment. Not surprised.
9. maherk (Posts: 1205; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I won't upgrade from my Note 3 for 2 reasons, one is that I am loving the 5.7" screen, and two since I invested so much in it. I got myself 1 white and another black carbon fiber battery doors, leather one, aluminum, and recently I got the tempered glass with champagne gold aluminum sides(check it on ebay, your gonna love it), plus 2 batteries and their charger. Are you planning on upgrading smurf?
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yup. I made a commitment to myself that I was going to buy the S5, iPhone 6 and Note 4 this year. If the M8 sounds good enough, I might pick that up too.
12. Ashoaib (Posts: 2428; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Ok for instance its a troll comment, can you plz explain how?
22. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Don't bother yourself asking he's just way too sensitive about anything Samsung
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Look who's here! Rehashing the same comments over and over again!
Did you bring my cookies like I asked?
7. nokia12 (Posts: 351; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
last time samsung paid for fake reviews badmouthing competitors and cheat in benchmarks to sell gs4 don't know what will it do this time with gs5
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Last time Nokia used a pro camera and claimed it was theirs for a commercial.
11. maherk (Posts: 1205; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
If you have CVS close to you, let your dada drive you there and ask for a cure for hemorrhoid.
15. Ashoaib (Posts: 2428; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
S5's back cover looks ugly no matter what we fans of Sammy says... no matter how we bash the criticism
17. Ashoaib (Posts: 2428; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Samsung will be saving QHD glory for note 4... I hope they will launch note 4 little earlier as well
25. qerimm (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Phonearena got paid from samsung to cover s5 ugly face
30. Ashoaib (Posts: 2428; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I dont think so... bcoz I were commenting almost something same when they were bragging wonderfulness of iphone 5 & 5s... I think its their job to fully present a top dog although its something called over coverag... but it keep their news section updated
2. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Is it me or this just a poor comparison - a phablet and a smartphone? Is PhoneArena getting desperate now?
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Samsung's flagships (S vs Note) comparison seems logical in my book.
6. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
A phablet is just a big smartphone. It's not like you're comparing it to a tablet.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 12618; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
How are they getting desperate? It's a great new device vs a great current device form the same maker, it's logical.
3. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
I'd take the note 3 over s5. Can't wait to see what's in tow for the note 4
14. hellonerds (Posts: 265; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Yeah I have a note 3.. im sure we will se this on the note 4.. cant wait to get note 4 as im done with my contact with att this year and going back to t mobile. .
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 12618; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Awesome combo. Cut yourself with your note 3, and put a galaxy s5Bandaid on it.
21. PorkyBurger (Posts: 256; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Wait, like you can cut yourself with Note 3~?! AWESOME.
24. antonioli (Posts: 187; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
"the Galaxy S5 introduces tons of nice improvements"?
34. Phonecall01 (Posts: 176; Member since: 02 Apr 2009)
Hulk is pretty strong...But Captain America won't get hurt.
27. ffaarrooqq (Posts: 64; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Samsung please work on design.
S5 back is looking so cheap against note 3.
29. kanagadeepan (Posts: 722; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Looking cheap is not the main issue, its looking ugly also...
33. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I dont think it looks cheap,but undeniably ugly....
Also,how did they manage to make a TALLER,THICKER and HEAVIER device only by incleasing the screen diagonal by 2.5 mm and tossing a bigger battery?? Engineers and designers were fired after the s4 release? --'
28. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1009; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I'd still say that the Note 3 is a better phone than the S5. You'd think that the S5 would be larger than the S4......and for it to be only .1in bigger makes no sense to me. SInce the Note 3 has 3GB of RAM, why not have the S5 have the same thing??
I may be one of a few thats not impressed by the debut of the S5, but thats ok because there aren't alot of phones that are better than the Note 3 right now anyway
31. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They made it way too big but not as bad as the Z2. That thing is laughable xperia z ultra level of big.
32. itzmando (Posts: 114; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The S5 is seriously not attractive at all, seeing those concepts for the next iteration were awesome, but the final product was a disappointment.
Sad to say that Samsung is slipping in staying competitive with design and hardware. I am sure they will sell tons of S5's but I would never upgrade from my Note 3.
I really am waiting for the Note 4 though.
35. Blazers (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I'm actually happy that the S5 doesn't outshine the Note 3. It makes me feel good about my purchase, and none of this new phone envy. I can now patiently wait for the Note 4 without second guessing if I should get an S5 in the meantime.
36. mgerreyn65 (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
They have made the design even more uglier, it looks like its getting more bulkier and more wider. They should have tried making this like the Lg G2 as the screen is even less wide with not much of mm left. And also who ever wants to buy a phone please buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Its really better, Trust me. Thanks
37. SebasCvdB (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
I was really having high hopes for the GS5 but was less impressed as I was when the GS3 and 4 were announced. I'll stick with my Galaxy Note 3 for now since it's pretty up to par with the GS5 and i'm in no need of a Heart rate monitor or Fingerprint scanner. What I do like is the back cover design though. That's really about it.