Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One (M8): preliminary comparison
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2014, 11:12 posted on
If we had to make a list of the most highly anticipated smartphones right now, then the Samsung Galaxy S5 would probably stand right at the very top of it. The handset is expected to sell by the boatloads once it is released in April, landing in the pockets of both loyal Samsung followers and anyone looking for a capable high-end Android device. But the competition is definitely not going to just stand and watch. Samsung's latest and greatest Android phone will have to face a number of tough opponents on its way to commercial success, and one of the toughest among them will be the HTC One (M8)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
No chance for S5, but will sell more But we don't care.
HTC M8 all the way. and Z2
8. MrKoles (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Oh, wooow, I can't wait to see it!
Sure it will be absolutely revolutionary with the same brick-design and TILES!
25. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
if Bricks and tiles combine it turn in home. And icons and cheap plastic combine it turn in toy.
38. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Einstein's sarcasm is absolutely revolutionary. :P
72. MrKoles (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Einstein simply doesn't care! :P He is eternal just as the universe, no earthy things affect him!
18. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
930 will shut haters mouth soon.
I can't wait for next Nokia flagship. and Nokia have surprise for us. Soon.
35. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
But the WP platform is a big letdown that no one will buy cause of WP being the OS, if it was Android or Meego, Maeemo, or Ubuntu it will regain Nokia the once a legend to be a legend in 2014
236. stylinred (Posts: 50; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I've never been a fan of WP but i must say WP 8.1 seems to have caught up finally.
8.1 should have been WP at launch
Sadly it's not yet released and I don't think ppl care anymore, too little too late MSFT
66. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I'd the 930 will be identical with the 920 but a little higer specs :p.
83. iTechies (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
as if WP device stand a chance against android devices. wait for the G3 and note 4 and we'll see who's the boss.
100. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Sammy's ATIV SE will kill Nokia in the US.
109. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Hahaha what a joke. Keep dreaming, do u even know if anything vs Nokia, never ever won.
120. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
are you kidding there are no nokia markets in the us i live here and i have seen 4 nokia in the last 2 years.
159. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
We r talking about wp market not smartphone market.
175. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The ATIV SE is rumored to have a 13MP camera, 2GB of RAM, A Quad core Snapdragon processor, and a Full-HD display. I'm sorry but your NOKIA lineup doesn't stand a chance.
179. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
So what should I do with this specs.
Oh well I don't even know 1520 and icon is exist. Wait for 930 your mind will blow away.
180. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
If we're talking about blowing up people's minds wait for the Note 4 in the Android market.
187. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
in android Samsung Note is killer device, But in wp Nokia Lumia is killer device. And that's true fact.
115. true1984 (Posts: 823; Member since: 23 May 2012)
not at all. due to nokia's phone division being owned by MS they have access to things other dont
119. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
the note and g3 are phablets not in this category you cant compare
121. willard12 (Posts: 1706; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
You mean microsoft. I think Nokia was bought for about a third of the cost of Whatsapp.
140. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Pretty sad that a massive company with tons of patents and workers is sold for less than an app...
182. papss (unregistered)
Sorry to inform you but they only lease the patents.
200. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Nokia and HTC are flop now.
You haters might hate it.. but its the sad bitter truth that you need to understand.
I know its a big problem for someone like u who has little space in his brain because its already filled with sh*tty fanboyism.. but my child. Try hard.. try very hard and you just might succeed
May god be with you.
202. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
First of all you just went full fanboy, never go full fanboy.
Second of all what the hell does God have to do with this.. Also you shouldn't shove your God in someones elses face if they have a diffrent religion than you, its very impolite.
221. srgonu (Posts: 254; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
I don't understand the hype for 930. Had 920 and screen irresponsive in a month. Googling for a solution and found that issue reported by umpteen users without solution. By the way I hated those large bezels, heavy weight and worst windows UI. I hope Nokia will improve their screens this time.
4. Galen20K (Posts: 541; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Completely agree with you, I'd much rather carry an m8 or Z2 over the GS5.
17. koko1 (Posts: 103; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
because of what ?? if u say the design, i say yes, both of them have a better design than s5, but all hands-on videos said that it looks good and feel great, so wait till it be on ur hand then judge !
and just think, will ur z2 have updates ? u saw the 2012 flagships are not getting kitkat neither do htc one x !!
and the ui ? htc ui is the worst ever, u need a launcher but still, the notification bar and sttings ui are bad !!
and we didnt talk about the software yet !!!
27. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Dude HTC one has great ui, it Looks fresh and clean. Fast fluid and smooth. I used HTC one. Upper than sense 5 is plus.