Samsung Galaxy S5 variants for Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile score FCC approvals
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2014, 21:30 posted on
All major US mobile carriers should launch the new Samsung Galaxy S5 next month, on April 11. Pricing details are not available yet, but $199 on contract is a good guess...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1947; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Call me crazy, but I don't really mind the design of this phone anymore. I think it's starting to grow on me, especially the white one. Still prefer Sony, HTC, and believe or not, LG's design (those bezels!), but this looks fine to me as well. I just hope Samsung doesn't follow this design style for their Note 4 or S6.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
One word: OtterBox.
You'll protect your investment and get the most out of your retail value.
5. akki20892 (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Otterbox? No way - $1000 expensive, Too thick about 1" and heavy like 1kg.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
OtterBox cases are like $30 on Amazon. They're not thick (I have normal sized hands) and they're really lightweight... Bought a HTC Sensation 4G in 2011 for $330 and sold it for $300 10 months later for the S3 due to it being in PERFECT condition.
14. papss (unregistered)
Or you could get a Nokia and not have a stupid case at all
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
There's no Nokia phone with T-Mobile that would make me try out WP8 as a daily driver. I'm not going to spend time unlocking the 1520 either since I do like Wifi Calling.
18. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I'm with you akki. I can't stand Otterbox cases personally. I always go to cruzerlite for mine. Otterbox makes a great case, but I don't need my thin smartphone being as thick as it is wide too.
7. GeekMovement (Posts: 1947; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I don't use Otterbox, but some people I know do. I prefer to use my phone without any cases or if one comes along with it for free I'll use it. Dropping my phone is VERY RARE as I am always aware and taking good care of it (;
8. GeekMovement (Posts: 1947; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Well I'm going to stay hopeful because they certainly did not follow the S4 design for the Note 3. I think they've received enough criticisms about the appearance looking like a bandaid and whatnot so hopefully they'll take that into consideration when deciding the Note 4's design.
9. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Galaxy S5? What a good choice as many variants available worldwide.
Do not worry, CHEAT variants for die-hards will appear soon enough. Lol.
11. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
I think LG already has CHEAT phones though.
10. emperor (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
cant wait to get mine with my note 3 and note 10.1 2014 edition
12. twens (Posts: 849; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Samsung is getting so matured with features and specs of their phones. I just hot their design also matures. The s5 is everything the s4 should have been and more. If the phone delivers unmatched user experience and camera quality then I guess Sammy did a good job. Waiting for a full review with final software.
17. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Near to the day of 102 years ago when Titanic sank. Conicedence?