Samsung Galaxy S5 tops our blind camera comparison for the third time in a row, LG G3 close second
0. phoneArena 16 Jun 2014, 04:26 posted on
The votes are in, and the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the winner in our most recent blind camera comparison. In second place, with just three votes less, is the LG G3...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
"Samsung Galaxy S5 tops our blind camera comparison for the third time in a row "
you mean, "we didn't use a Lumia in our blind camera comparison for the third time in a row "
11. Planterz (Posts: 2098; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Yeah, that's definitely suspect. WP sucks donkey dong, but the Lumia cameras are amazing. The photos they show (in their peroidic "best smartphone pics" articles) from 808 and 1020s look great. Motorola is also absent; although it's been shown that their cameras aren't as good as others, the brand should still be represented.
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Indeed. Blind camera comparison 5S+S5+G3+Z2+M8+1520/Icon/930.
24. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
WP is an excellent platform. Its influenced the entire industry in terms of design language etc. That's a trend setter the opposite of donkey dong. I'll agree with you that preview cameras are great.
75. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
"WP sucks donkey dong" these type of stupid comments should be expected from you spermdroids now. The only thing you'll know is to troll and hate on another OS, whether it be iOS or WP. Be ashamed of yourselves. You'll call yourselves tech enthusiasts? Well, to me you guys are just a bunch o stupid hypocrites trying to hide your failures by hating on things you'll don't know about. One can only imagine what you must be like in reality.
91. Planterz (Posts: 2098; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
spermdroid? Who's the hypocrite here? Pot and kettle, fanboy.
96. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hey dude, dont insult Grandpa... How dare you... You know he falls to the bait and then gets butthurt. Poor Grandpa. :-(
99. Planterz (Posts: 2098; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
You must love scrolling. And scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling...
100. Planterz (Posts: 2098; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Oh, and how's your mediocre app selection working for you? Must be fun getting the ocasional app or game 6 months after it's released on iPhone or Android.
112. mrmessma (Posts: 187; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
That's an arrow from iOS' fanboy's quiver that was aimed at Android for years up until about a year ago. App selection takes nothing away from the quality of the OS itself. Yes, I am an Android user, just pointing this out.
15. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Ehm if the lumia 1020 is a contender then Galaxy k zoom should be in cause its also a camera centric device.. this comparisons is for the top Flagships not a cameraphone.. 1020 is outdated. Yes it has an AWESOME camera but its all it has to offfer since you can buy a freakin 520 and get the same package..
104. refillable (Posts: 1047; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Well at least they can include the Icon or the 1520...
16. Nexus4lifes (Posts: 155; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
Well this is a 'smart'phone camera test... so lumia doesn't qualify :)
26. mayur007 (Posts: 566; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
bcoz lumias are not smatphone they just a feature phones which has a good camera..
31. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Because no one in PA owns a lumia, they can compromise the inferior camera rather than live with a mediocre OS.
83. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Grandpa... Please stop bothering me with your f@rty comments or I'll kindly show you the way to nursing homes.
105. refillable (Posts: 1047; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Since this is a camera test and Lumias are still Smartphones, that compromise isn't smart at all.
37. sar44 (Posts: 278; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
On G3 (and other bsi sensors) white is yellow, blue is green, green is lime
This is good?
48. ImperialDynamics (Posts: 26; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
^^ this :D No Lumia in the comparison makes the comparison pointless. And you should had included more than one Lumia model, eg 1020, 1520, 925. Then then gs5 would had barely made it to the top 5 :D
52. sar44 (Posts: 278; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
bsi is dead
1/1.5" sensor with ois and aspherical lens lose 1/2.6"
56. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You know that the isocells main feature is that is supposed to capture more light. Not a better dynamic range. Samsung may have achieved that better range with many other things there is to the camera. And if you've seen any of the S5 Vs Z2 camera comparisons in almost darkness, the Z2 photos are a lot brighter. Isocell works quite badly in low light in fact.
And as for that 1020 vs S5 there, remember that 1020 had a lot more pixels resulting into a lower amount of light getting into the them. That has nothing to do with BSI or Isocell. I bet even you'll be dead before BSI sensors...
76. DerryAhmad (Posts: 278; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Yeah.. I couldn't understand it either. They had the Lumia 1520 in one of their blind tests (even beat all other flagship phones at that time) and then.. Then just stopped using a Lumia.
I can understand why they didn't use the 1020 tho. It is on its own league in still camera.
Also.. Why no indoor lowlight shots? Lowlight shots is important IMO.
It's where we take often pictures of friends/families/colleagues. In bars, restaurants, home.
92. tedkord (Posts: 11890; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
This site included Nokia phones.
101. ph00ny (Posts: 1244; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Apparently it does well against even the pureview 808
110. elitewolverine (Posts: 5185; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
2. Awalker (Posts: 1526; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
It's the top phone and only a third of people picked it.