Samsung Galaxy S5 teaser page revealed by O2 Germany
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2014, 11:10 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S5 hasn't been officially announced, and yet O2 Germany is now allowing users to register for further info. The carrier says the new smartphone will debut later this month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Bridgep0rt (Posts: 43; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
I think ALL FlagShips SHOULD be waterproof. But of course the companys want their $, and release a waterproof and a regular.
12. Aploine (Posts: 426; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Why Sam would wan t to brake trdition of making the waterproof
one of the million diferent versions of their flagship,
making it look more sporty, too?
35. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 272; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I was thinking that waterproof is good and it is good while ur underwater but,it isnt steamproof my friends xperia Z got dead while being 30 min in dressing room at school :D
48. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 805; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Height of stupidity.... Of course, it cant stand heat...
31. jcdz89 (Posts: 78; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
Looks like it has round corners. Yeah expected.. I like my note 3 but Samsung really need to think about PLASTIC
43. wilsong17 (unregistered)
there nothing wrong with plastic you dont buy a phone to have sex with it, tell me why are car computer etc plastic and still sell
51. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
No, that's just O2's way of advertising.
54. Professor (Posts: 212; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
My brother, who lives on Germany, translated everything that O2 says about the phone and according to him what they say is that Samsung is going to sell more than one version and 1 of them is going to be water proof... Not all are going to be water proof...
55. Professor (Posts: 212; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
The only thing that maybe new is that he said that the phone will come with the option of plastic body or metal body. But he did not told me if that was only for the "outdoor" model or both the regular and the outdoor model.
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Okay, now this is getting interesting... but what's with the English?
"Surely you already current Samsung smartphones at top prices"
7. Florin.T (Posts: 226; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
That's Google's automatic tranlsation, since the webpage is in German. We added a snapshot of the original page, too.
21. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nice one, buddy! LMAO!
4. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Image does give an idea of a water proof phone... or may be its their way of promotion
15. surethom (Posts: 674; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Not really as the water & bubbles are the logo of O2 so no guarantee it will be waterproof.
29. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Um there's a massive wave of air bubbles released upon a "Samsung 5" device splashing full into deep water, what is it suggesting if not a waterproof phone? Ideas how to destroy your €600 flaghship? lol
5. roobs (Posts: 92; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
Better this all-in-one device than releasing an S5 and an S5 active.
28. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
True. Just make it metal, waterproof, top specs, light on bloat and Samsung's HW advantage will make it a winner. Pointless to make many variants when we want all in one.
56. Professor (Posts: 212; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Sorry... Will be 2 versions. One regular and one "outdoors" which is the water proof one. But they will be available in plastic and with an optional metal body.
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Nice to see other phones than Sony getting water proofed. Well if this is even going to be water proof.
11. lee480 (Posts: 197; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
It's not waterproof. O2's corporate identity is oddly things floating in water.
ch?q=o2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&s a=X&ei=MlP-UsPHJ8HArAeyq4DoDw&ved=0CAkQ_A UoAQ&biw=1280&bih=699
14. buccob (Posts: 2566; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
But the google search you posted showed not a single device inside water like in this article...
I think Samsung is going to try and tackle Sony this year with a regular S5 that is also waterproof...
The reason the S4 Active did not do so well relatively speaking, was because the specs where more like S3...
So they should make a single S5 device that can compete with Z1 / Sirius, for that matter...
17. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
"The reason the S4 Active did not do so well relatively speaking, was because the specs where more like S3..."
Not even close. They have the same processor clocked to the same speed, same screen resolution, same screen size, & same amount of RAM. The only thing that was downgraded was the camera. It went down from 13MP to 8. So no, the Active was not more in line with the S3.
19. buccob (Posts: 2566; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
You are correct, +1 for you... but maybe that was the feeling it gave :-P
Anyway in my opinion they should make variants that only differ in size, all the other "variants" that changes specs should be consider a different line.
S4 mini, S4 Camera, S4 Active should have had same specs (with the exception of screen / camera / IPXX, respectively)
30. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
+1 to you as well. Too many people are too proud to admit to being wrong. Also, I agree with the rest of your post.
46. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The screen was better or worse depending on which side you are on too. If you are a Samsung hater then they used superior technology for active's screen.
If your Samsung or a Samsung fan then the original GS4 has the superior screen.
47. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I hear ya, Taters. That's why I didn't bring it up. Really just a matter of preference when it comes to AMOLED vs. LCD.
24. Noble_One (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
Wasn't it reported somewhere that as was ordering waterproof antennas?
25. Noble_One (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
Wasn't it reported somewhere that ss was ordering waterproof antennas?
36. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I hope it's not waterproof at the expense of anything like Sony does. I don't want any flaps or a thicker profile when I won't need the waterproofing 99.9 percent of the time. Samsung might have really dropped the ball on this one....
38. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I'll take water resistant, but really don't really have a need to be water proof.
40. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
NOTHING really exciting will come with this Samsung phone. I just know that. It will be nothing special compared with htc one 2, samsung z2/z2 compact, lg or iphone 6.
45. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
According to the haters but Samsung flagship phone that introduces all of their best internals that Samsung and Corning offers. That alone is already more exciting than all of the products you just mentioned.
53. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
we will see hoe they will handle the lagg and UI this time... because samsung phones with all the best internal clearly doesn't lagg more than all those I just mentioned. I mean S4 never lagged more than any phone.... yeah Samsung fanboy.
57. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Easy, just get the google play edition. That way it destroys all the phones you just mentioned in software and internals....
58. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
yeah so easy.... first of all its hard to get google edition, second of all I can't because I live in sweden. Google play store in not open in sweden. Third.. I am talking about what you can get from the store today. And when the phone was new. If you want to keep embarrassing yourself and defend laggy phones despite having high pricetag and good internals... then you are just st*pid. Because HTC never lagged and looked IMO much much better. ALL the reviews said HTC One was the better phone and it was THE one to beat of 2013.
Just admit you are a Samsung fanboy who blindly defend the phone. Also Sony z1 is water and dustproof HOW is S4 destroying the z1? z1 also got better specs and better software from the beginning without google play store edition. I really hate fanboy replies like yours who got no valid arguments at al.
60. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Why don't you admit to being a hater?
41. ermond012 (Posts: 10; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
It's nice to see that Samsung is going to implement the waterproof feature on S5 should this be true. I'm an Xperia owner and at first I was like "trying to overshadow Sony on this part?" but then I thought no, no, no. I'm not against Samsung or anything. This will definitely be a plus for them. Can't wait to see what they will offer us on MWC and Aony of course. ^^
44. kinnizle (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
IMO the phrase "waterproof" is overrated. They should come out with a device that can be dunk proof fully submerged. My SGS4 has seen all types of brutal conditions I have it in a Spigen case and I've dropped, exposed to pouring rain, freezing condition, dusty sandy conditions. It sweats when I take a shower since I have it playing music. I'm a truck driver so I'm exposed to many different elements on a daily basis and its been a champ. Only gripe is premium materials since the plastic chrome bezel has chipped away.. Anyways back to my point they need to go a step further and design a phone that not only looks great but is functional and is a tank..
49. sgogeta4 (Posts: 394; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
You sound like you need a fully rugged device.
50. jackson_kaeluen (Posts: 87; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Waterproof? SONY got the best Waterproof out there, don't try to beat SONY's waterproof
59. LikeMyself (Posts: 438; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Nice Samsung release phone first with useless gimmicks. So, HTC and Sony can release better smartphones!