Samsung Galaxy S5 launched by Boost and Virgin Mobile, no-contract plans available
0. phoneArena 19 May 2014, 15:29 posted on
Customers can buy the Samsung Galaxy S5 from Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile for $599.99. Only the white model is available at the moment...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sgodsell (Posts: 1844; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Well worth the money. Its the swiss army knife of smart phones. The new touchwiz runs smooth. You never get board of the S5 features or the latest version of Android KitKat.
11. JMartin22 (Posts: 1513; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
If he was, I guess you would be the punchline
13. walnuttt (Posts: 144; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
no he isn't, maybe you're the one who's making comedy in here
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The same phone. $600 at Boost/Virgin, $600 at Verizon, $660 at T-Mobile, and $650 at ATT. As far as I know, only the most expensive T-Mobile one has an unlocked bootloader.
The S5 is already down to $100 on contract at Verizon and ATT will probably drop theirs down to $149 pretty soon. Dealnews thinks the S5 will be a $0 on contract phone later this year, similar to how the G2 currently is for ATT.
3. sgodsell (Posts: 1844; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
The S5 GPE (Google Play Edition) will be unlocked as well. Some carriers are offering deals on the Gear smart watches as well.
4. NexusX (Posts: 277; Member since: 16 May 2013)
50% off with $35 virgin mobile credit comes Thanksgiving
5. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
S5 design slowly grows on you. I'm pretty happy with this device. The only complain I have is that the finger print scanner isn't a charm like 5s but other than that it's great. It doesn't however feel premium and amazing like m8.
6. NexusX (Posts: 277; Member since: 16 May 2013)
$600 for a device locked to america's slowest network?
7. robcar (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
No doubt this phones is one of the best on the market, didn't like the design too much first though but i think it's nicer everytime i look at it.
10. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Because Samsung believes that customers would rather pay $600+ for a device and be constantly bombarded with Samsung ads validating their purchase decisions vs. buying the same device for $350, getting no advertisements, and wondering "Who is this Samsung? Is this good device? Why do I know people who go camping for months to wait for iPhone and iRapture, but nobody for Samsung?"
12. craigy72 (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I just got my S5, absolutely loving it!
just ordered from comparephonemarket.co.uk and it came the next day. Stonker of a phone IMO!