Samsung Galaxy S5 in-depth video hands-on
0. phoneArena 26 Feb 2014, 07:15 posted on
Now that the dust has almost settled, we've decided to spend some more hands-on time and produce a new hands-on experience with the Galaxy S5 for you - one that is even more thorough and detailed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. limporgyuk (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Off topic HTC Wins Phone of the Year Award, PA has failed to report it.
4. wiiandds (Posts: 64; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
6. toink (unregistered)
Even if they didn't, PA isn't our only source of mobile tech news.
59. darkkjedii (Posts: 16938; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No, you just failed to read the article. Probably too busy trolling.
5. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
LG G Pro 2 and Sony Z2 came first but where the hell the version of in-depth video hands-on of those two?
8. toink (unregistered)
I agree, why all the attention to this disappointing device?
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10077; Member since: 14 May 2012)
First they were IPho.... Now they're samsungarena? The username and comment section on this site has literally gotten way out of control.
36. akki20892 (Posts: 3808; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Looks like your comments is out of control. Lol count your comments.
42. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10077; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're not far behind bud. 2091in one year.
53. hboy857 (Posts: 340; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Since you play this game.
Papasmurf comments per month - 261.53
akki20892 comments per month - 174.25
9. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
at the end of the day...everyone going to love this phone
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3808; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
No, and thanks I have nexus 5 & it's a good looking phone.
16. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
once everyone get familiar with the specs...you see what direction they wanted to go...it's hard to handle thin phones
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10077; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same exact thing happened last year with the S4. Same exact thing. Users flooded comment sections for days but realized the success when it sold over 40 million. Haters are bound to hate on things that are successful.
61. Daftama (Posts: 604; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sorry to say but you will see drop in sales with Galaxy s5
19. tech2 (Posts: 3101; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Good looking phone............while it lasts with that 2000mah battery !
20. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Not really. Especially when the price tag sticks out.
25. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
LOL!!! If you want to use samsung phone, you have to be a bit patient, not to look at it body, just swipe on the screen and then put it back in your pocket(don't let anyone see it :D). or use cover to hide its cheap plastic and ugliness. :D
57. rueleonheart (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
With it's plastic back, I am not afraid to place it in any surface and scratches will be very hard to see with this new texture.
11. limporgyuk (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
I didn't realise My Magazine was such a blatant copy of Blinkfeed
21. mokhtar (Posts: 398; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
in the display video : when the z1 and z have a big bezels , oh look big bezels , bezels everywhere bla bla bla , and when s5 have a huge bezels than z1 or z he said come on you cant complain it's a dust and water resistance
wtf is thaat , seriously how much samsung paid you ray ? 1524 videos of s5 everyday , stop trying to make stupid phones famous and better :)
23. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
When aggresive marketing is not enough just prepare your self for some dirty moves from samsung, just like what they have done to HTC.
22. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
finger scanner = touch id; gold model = iPhone 5s rip-off. enough said for copycat samsung. (btw, this s5 is the ugliest in its galaxy series. LOL)
26. Astoni (Posts: 629; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
iOS 7 = UI ripoff from WP and Android ;). If it we're to be the Real touch ID it would have been a rip-off but its a swipe type. Also Google tested Touch scanners way before apple ever did. And samsung made gold phones before iphone existed. Just stating the obvious, and i'm not trying to defend anybrand. (they all suck at something)
27. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
u joking? ios 7 is far different from both os. It's elegant and unique for iPhone only. I didn't see finger scanner before the iPhone 5s. u jelly? And the gold color is available only on s5 after 5s. u smoking?
32. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10077; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Atrix 4G called. It said to stop spreading lies.
33. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
LG Expo had swipe fingerprint sensor in the home button way back.
37. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10077; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Atria 4G is a prime example of a finger print scanner that released when? Did I mention anything about it being the first one to implement it? No.
Users on the site need to learn how to read. Sad to see education isn't advancing the way it should.
40. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Never had anything against your comment, just wanted to strengthen your point and point out to a smartphone with a fingerprint scanner implemented in the home button way before the iPhone 5s did.
Sorry for the misunderstanding :)
34. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Ur the one who is lying. we are talking about nowadays phones, not in the past! samsung always follows what Apple has done from the beginning. enough hated!
35. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10077; Member since: 14 May 2012)
"I didn't see a finger scanner before the iPhone 5S."
Atrix 4G called again. It said to stop spreading lies - again.
39. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
iPhone 5s' finger sensor released in "2013"
Galaxy s5's finger sensor releases in "2014"
Stop your ignorance!
43. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10077; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Atrix 4G was released three years ago, two and a half years before the iPhone 5S was released.
Atrix 4G - February 2011
iPhone 5S - September 2013
Stop your ignorance!
56. joey_sfb (Posts: 4580; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Lampriya is prime example of being trap in zombie steve reality distortion field.
Logic and brand loyalty mutually exclusive.
52. Astoni (Posts: 629; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
"we're talking about nowadays phones" OMG.. you dence dumbass
51. Astoni (Posts: 629; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Sorry Lamp but iOS 7's UI is the rippiest of ripoffs :p.
the only unique in it is its own icons :p.
60. KRONeage (Posts: 113; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Don't let the Applewellian Thought Police get to you! ;-P ....they are all iPuppets and iFanatics that have been through special re-programming on how to spread FUD, Misinformation and how to Doublethink everything into Apple's favor. Some are getting really good at it too. lol.....
Like fingerprint scanners; #1 Samsung was one of the 1st to implement fingerprint technology back in 2002. Not just in Notebooks, but Security Access Locks on Medication Lockers in Hospitals, Door Locks on High Security Facilities in Military, Enterprise, Banking (Samsung has their own Banking and Insurance Division... ya know?), Secure Safes, etc.
They had also been using Authentec Sensors since 2004. They have a patent dating back to 2011 for Sensor in Home Button and Apple just got theirs slightly different so that Samsung can't sue them (Sept 2013).
They've used both kinds... Slide and Touch sensor, because every company in the business makes them both. They have a Commercial FP Door Lock w/ Round Touch sensor (can't patent round, slide, touch or location) in a Door Lock for sale since 2010 w/ battery power.
iPhone 5s sensor? Spoofed... HACKED and JACKED!
You can't fix that either. It's a technology and sensor issue. They can't separate the IC chip from the sensor, therefore Yield problems too. No RF Deep scanning to LIVE skin layers like Validity sensors. AND... most important they can't do "CLEAR" sensor yet.
So it's a good thing Apple bought them out from under Samsung! :D .....iPhone=SPOOFED which = PayPal Don't TRUST THEM and neither do major banks etc. Samsung and PayPal are Tight Friends Now! Meaning Galaxy S5 can use NFC (iphone can't) or Fingerprint Scan to validate online as well as checkout stand purchases!!!
24. Astoni (Posts: 629; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Fun thing, when it's something about your favorite device you can't take it when people comment and complain or you don't like it atleast. Then what a nice doubble standard for you to do the same ;). Just think about it.
(Not a Samsung fanboy, just stating the obvious)
28. HTCOE (Posts: 630; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
the HTC One will have the phone of the year... i just hope the marketing does its part to back it up
58. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
well i think S5 IS a Great phone I dont care if it has your so what called 'ONLY' 2GB ram KitKat is optimized to run on 512MB ram. It has 4X the ram the OS needs what do you people need Ota core 3.5GHz with 8GB ram?My aunt has an S4 running Android 4.3 and it HARDLY stutters!