Samsung Galaxy S5: did you like it? (poll results)
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2014, 07:24 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S5 has finally been officially unveiled at a typically huge Samsung event at Mobile World Congress 2014, but did it live up to all the hype? Samsung managed to keep it an absolute secret until almost the very last minute…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Z2 has already proved in Speakers
low light imaging
according to hands on comparisons
92. maherk (Posts: 3060; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
And the Z2 still proved that Sony doesn't have a single clue on how to make a good screen for their flagship. Z, Z ultra, Z1, Z1s and they never found out how to address this problem. And what's scary is that the Z1 has a better screen than your precious Z2.
33. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm a Sony fan...that likes other manufacturers not just Sony. So yeah, I will keep going, I love tech. Hell yea!
71. rd_nest (Posts: 1469; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Who do you think you are fooling?? You're the worst retarded troll in whole of PA. And you know that. You think everyone here are fool and idiots when you say "you like all manufacturers".
A guy who says Xperia Z2 tablet as the best tablet of 2014 is either an idiot or a troll.
77. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Why would I fool you since you're so gullible? Do you even know what you're talking about? Wao, did you took those words out of your butt? Now, since when did I say "I like all manufacturers"? I said "I like other manufacturers". You should go see a ophthalmologist if your eyes have problem, or are you taking a medication recently?
"A guy who says Xperia Z2 tablet as the best tablet of 2014 is either an idiot or a troll."
Now, since when did I say it is the best tablet of 2014? I only said it's one of my favorite device in MWC 2014. Stop taking those words outta your butt if you don't know what you're talking about. What's the matter fool, you don't like me? Eh, I don't give a sh*t about it.
Have a nice day, sir. Peace!
102. rd_nest (Posts: 1469; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
yes, I don't like you. As a matter of fact, I don't like any troll.
84. Odiin (Posts: 340; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
According to you which one is the best tablet?
If he likes Sony then he bcm Sony fan, in that case u are basing Sony so you r called Sony hater. Is it like that?
88. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
he may be quite annoying, but he sure as hell ain't just a sony fanboy. he supports most manufacturers when i read his comments
42. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Sony did what they should have done long ago... How they got away with putting TFT pannels on flagships so far beats me!
But their designs are generally very good
53. bodzio1809 (Posts: 297; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
TFT can be IPS, TN etc. They used TN or MVA probably :)
69. Ashoaib (Posts: 3127; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Gs5 is looking cool in white color... I take my old bashing of gs5 back...
3. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
now he starts liking bezels ,even if Z2 has better waterproofing
18. tech2 (Posts: 3161; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Even with that GS5 has slimmer bezels that Z2 inspite of supporting a bigger display and a physical button with fingerprint scanner.
BTW, you forgot to mention GS5 has better dust protection. #HalfTruthIsFullLie.
Besides gsmarena lists both can survive under water for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
23. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
lol its a Splash Proof same as S4 Active
48. tech2 (Posts: 3161; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
GS5: IP x7 stands for - immersion upto 1m
Z2: IPx8 stands for - immersion beyond 1m
Thats not exactly splash proof, is it ? My Moto G with water proof nano coating is splash proof.
25. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Water protection is more important than dust protection, so dust protection is nothing to brag about, although it's good to have that protection.
32. Xenaz (Posts: 144; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Isn't GS5 have a smaller display than the Z2?
5.1 vs 5.2??
I'm not sure about the GS5, but the "water-proof" actually means it is able to works under water like taking picture/video, while "water-resistance" means that the phone won't die under water but won't work properly under water. Just like the Z can't be used under water while Z1 can.
38. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
The bigger question is. How does the water proofing affects performance. The common problem with waterproof/water resistant phones(Z, Z1 and S4 Active) is that there are no more vents for heat exchange between inside and outside airflow. This results in higher operating temperatures and lagging performance on extended heavy usage already seen in the ff devices mentioned.
44. tech2 (Posts: 3161; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
If the device gets too hot just dip it in water ! :D
56. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Yeah..and if you don't have any water just spit on it ...
62. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Z2 (5.2") has 0.1"= 2.5 mm larger screen than S5 (5.1").
Stereo speaker need more space than small physical button + finggerprint scaner just look at HTC One 4.7" phone but taller than most 5" phones, at the same time the iPhone 5s have the same dimensions as the iPhone 5 although the iphone 5s has a fingerprint scanner.
And i'm pretty sure that 3200 mAh battery is physhically bigger than 2800 mAh.
If you samsung put 5.2" display, stereo speaker and 3200 mAh battery into S5.
S5 will likely have larger and thicker dimensions than Z2.
And until this day you can't find any Galaxy phone with better screen ratio or thinner body than Xperia phones.
Z2 has better water protection and from what i know for electronic devices water is far more dangerous than the dust.
FYI IP58 is dust protected and can survive from immersion in water generally up to 3 m.
70. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Z2 has bigger screen, dual fron speakers, bigger camera sensor and bigger battery, thats why it has bigger bazel and bigger overall size
9. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
now he will say 3gb RAM is of no use :D
2 gigs is more than enough
22. tech2 (Posts: 3161; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Its not only Smurf but another 100k users like GS5.http://www.phonearena.com/news
Only nerds on internet hate Apple and Samsung.
26. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
actually half of them thought its a new s4
54. tech2 (Posts: 3161; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
If a 'new S4' can generate that excitement. I can only imagine the stir, GS5 its 'successor', created.
60. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
as u said --"I can only imagine the stir, GS5 its 'successor', created"
no one really likes ur comment :D
66. tech2 (Posts: 3161; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
No one likes Apple as well. But you're forgetting that 1% of tech geeks don't form 6.5 billion of potential buyers.
By your logic, Nokia has the biggest fan base but they couldn't protect their beloved brand from selling did they ?
30. dbdrummer88 (Posts: 29; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Most people admitted that the reason they preordered was for the chance to win a free phone. Therefore the results are flawed. Not saying the phone won't sell well however.
I would sign up for a chance to win a free mini cooper, but I would never drive one.
55. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
I was one of the people that signed up, but only for the chance to win a free one, so that I can win one, then sale it online and get an HTC One. i would never actually pay or use the S5.
94. willard12 (Posts: 1411; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
So you don't think Samsung will sell a lot of GS5s? Or will the sales be flawed also?
101. dbdrummer88 (Posts: 29; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Did you even read my comment?
"Therefore the results are flawed. Not saying the phone won't sell well however."
I clearly stated that only the results are flawed, and I said that this will NOT reflect in bad sales.
Not sure if you skipped over it, but reread a post and know its meaning before making a bad comment.
109. techaman (unregistered)
they signed up to win free phone thats all
4. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
i think everyone is missing the point...its going to win overall
31. Darnelll (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
It will sell well since its the new galaxy, but it just isn't as impressive as previous versions upon its release for who get excited about phones. I would think that the group of people that visit phonearena don't properly represent the population that would consider the S5. I also don't think the majority of people would know the S5 isn't as major an upgrade as versions before.
76. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
wen they do the side by side the s5 is going to beat down the z2 all day long...everyone overlooking the point wat samsung has done wit the s5
95. johnehms09 (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Then buy one.. If you can live everyday someone laughing on your phone..
110. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
no i hav n3...will get n4...will never sell n3
113. almostdone (Posts: 220; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I have the Galaxy Note 2 and have been using the Z1 for the last week or so and the Sony experience is horrible... Why is it so laggy with snapdragon 800. My note 2 feels faster. I can't imagine how it will compete with S4, note 3 or the new S5.
The phone although looks nice is unpractical. The huge squarish bezel makes it nearly big as my note 2 but with a much smaller screen and uncomfortable to hold.
People moan about the UI of touchwiz but it is much better than Z1.
There is good reason why Samsung sells in the ship loads while Sony sells bucket load and no its not about marketing or hype. I don't like iPhones but can see why people choose it. Again very successful for a reason...
5. jackson_kaeluen (Posts: 87; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Everyone chooses NO. let's see the news how many it gets sold.
7. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
A cheap car model satisfying all needs at low price will always win in sales as compared to Mercedes,BMW or Audi
21. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Don't forget about Infiniti (in my profile picture lol) :D
49. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Exactly! Toyota sales millions of Corollas, are these the best, not by a long shot! Sales do not equal best! The sammy may sale, but it will still be subpar no matter what! HTC One and Z2 will be the best phones of the year, no matter what sales occur!! Poor saps will get their Toyota S5!