Samsung Galaxy S5: all the new features
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2014, 14:32 posted on
The Galaxy S5 might not be the utmost specs beast that the Android world has to offer, but it comes with plenty of new features, both in comparison with its predecessor, the S4, and when measured up to the other flagships...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2134; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I think they were mostly focusing on the UX.
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
And they want to make people ready for Tizen.
37. kryme (Posts: 370; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
trust me u wont kno the difference it will be like a new touchwiz....
65. Finalflash (Posts: 3131; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
NO, stop that, don't you go insulting band-aids like that.
And they didn't focus on UX it just looks like they want to have a transition to Tizen so people can't tell the difference when they do switch. For that they seem to be dropping the ball hard. This year hopefully people will diverge out to other Android manufacturers and force these idiots at Samsung to up their game. Now I patiently await the other companies that haven't released their information yet.
72. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Because they inspired from band-aid. It's more related to human, if someone hurt take s5 and put on instead of band-aid.
2. SuperEd (Posts: 132; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Wow...this phone reminds me of a Taurus. Or better yet, a Camry.
16. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
The design ruined this phone. Hardware wise, fantastic, but it looks like Note 3, GS2 and N7 2012 somehow had a baby. Sry SS, I'll keep my boss Note 3.
56. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
In what world do you live in where the Galaxy S phones were ever better than the current Note?
3. magnanimus (Posts: 542; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I would gladly pick the stitch design over this one. Its so yuck. What the heck samsung, this isn't 2012. (Nexus 7 design)
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
That's the funny thing actually, I do like the back cover of the S5. lol
66. Finalflash (Posts: 3131; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Between this, the S4 and S3, S3 with its brushed paint look was the best. Denim was okay, and band-aidish here is just retarded.
76. superkuiken (Posts: 163; Member since: 24 Mar 2013)
It is the same back cover of the cheap previous Nexus 7. What did you expect?
5. maherk (Posts: 3884; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
13 new features and trolls still disappointed. Sony adds 1gb of ram and suddenly the Z1s2 is the king. Bunch of hypocrites.
22. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I think that the design took all the attention. While I'm not gonna buy one, I think that this device is fantastic (looks=meh, everything else awesome).
97. RuiBacelar (Posts: 153; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Of course it's a good phone overhall but not much different from S4 dispite the 1 year time lapse, as the Z2 is somewhat more inovative than Z1 and 6 months time lapse.
36. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Actually, the display is twice as better, and the chipset is newer, as well as the speakers and the 4K recording
Other than that, truly agreed.
53. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Display is the same, ever so slightly different chipset. They just added a 2 after the Z along with 4K video recording a speakers.
94. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
The display CAN BE SEEN from more than a single angle,smurf. the Z1's display was terrible when it comes to viewing angles,and even when both are side by side,straight viewing,the z1 in fact looks washed out
About the chipset,it is indeed better,but in reality its already fast enough for all the major tasks and gaming.
Z1's speaker: is it on?
Z2's speaker: oh! it works pretty well (theorically)
So this one should be the original Z1,because all the major flaws were corrected.
39. rkoforever90 (Posts: 258; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
sony z2 has some additional features s5 which are useful while other than power saving mode rest of s5 features are total waste
58. maherk (Posts: 3884; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Can you name some of the "useful" features?
71. chocowii (Posts: 451; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Sony didnt add Touchwiz. Thats a useful feature.
54. hurrycanger (Posts: 1566; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
When Sony makes a phone with 2gb of ram: "It's already enough. Who the hell needs 3gb of ram on a phone anyway?"
Now when Samsung does it: "Samsuck fails. The Sony Z2 is way better with 3gb of ram."