Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (SM-G906S) may have just hit the FCC
0. phoneArena 06 Jun 2014, 19:31 posted on
Expected to be Samsung's first Quad HD smartphone, the Galaxy S5 Prime may be officially announced in the near future (at least in South Korea)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GreekGeek (Posts: 1175; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about!
If it does come with an SD805 (which is slightly unlikely) then it can literally spoil LG's party
6. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
If this phone (with these alleged specs) is confirmed by the time the G3 comes out, I may just have to wait a little longer for this one. It seems pretty sick.
16. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 230; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
IF your cell provider supports THESE LTE bands, of course...
12. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It will be Samsung own Exynos E5422 A15 quad-core
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I know I could look it up, but perhaps someone can give me a short, simple explanation. Why does the FCC have to approve Samsung phone models are are destined for the Korean market?
4. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 974; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Really.... Lol the FCC approves phone bind fit American carriers.
7. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
From the article:
"The FCC today approved the unannounced Samsung SM-G906S, which is widely believed to be the Korean version of the Galaxy S5 Prime."
5. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Im not sure...probably because the phones are manufactured in China. USA is the main market for China.
13. AstronautJones (Posts: 296; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
The FCC approves phones bound for foreign markets so those phones can be used in US when roaming.
3. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 974; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
This may be why they cut orders for the original S5 from suppliers.
8. Scientist (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2012)
I have a feeling this will not be coming to the US
11. ajac09 (Posts: 1477; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Hopefully it is. Still waiting on the note 4 personally.
15. Android4EveryOne (Posts: 20; Member since: 19 Apr 2014)
Yea im definitely trading in my "regular" S5 if/when this phone comes out. If it doesn't, I'll try the note 4 this fall...