Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, LG G3, or HTC One M8 Prime - which one you'd rather have?
0. phoneArena 07 May 2014, 18:14 posted on
Samsung, LG and HTC are all (probably) going to release their first Quad HD smartphones this year, and it looks like all three handsets will have metal-clad designs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. apple4never (Posts: 1063; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lol the s5 prime is pretty much a note 4 i wanna see an m8 prime with better camera
23. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Not at all actually. 5.2 inch QHD screen compared to the other two using 5.5.
So the M8 prime will be a phablet for sure. While the G3 might be small enough to be considered a normal sized phone. While the GS5 is guaranteed to be normal sized.
So no, absolutely nothing like the Note 4. Lol
64. sar44 (Posts: 278; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Isocell, improved super amoled (brightness, viewing angles, color reproduction in cinema mode (106% instead of 122%, 100%-ideal), anti-glare), waterproof, interface speed and battery life.
S5 prime is best
82. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1097; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Shouldn't we just take into consideration the fact that Samsung is having to consider releasing another, newer, version of it's S5 just so it can compete with the G3? I think that says a lot about what the G3 means not only to consumers but to other manufacturers...it's a threat.
In my opinion, even if the S5 Prime turns out to be better than the G3 I would have to say the win goes to the G3 because it forced Samsung to quickly come up with another device within a few months of it's flagship S5 device just so it could compete.
80. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Ofcourse galaxy S5 prime bcoz S5 already has a great display, it will even get better with rumoured s5 prime
84. amats69 (Posts: 1365; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Now that samsung and htc will release thier "prime" phone...i will wait for LG's turn...ill wait for LG OPTIMUS Prime...lol
86. srgonu (Posts: 215; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
I hate thick bezels of HTC. LG is much anticipated
2. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Definitely Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime. HTC would mess up in some way or another like they did with the M7 and M8, and LG's UI is much worse than Samsung's. Also, 5.2" is much more appealing to me than 5.5"...
13. james1 (Posts: 97; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
No but I think you already choose the option of being a troll
62. Nexus4lifes (Posts: 155; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
You so dum bro, i want to have all three devices and i wannabuy the nexus 6 before end of this year....
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I would prefer all 3 as a great device
Each good in their own ways
4. maherk (Posts: 3351; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I ll have to see the final product to decide, I won't act like a fanboy and choose something that is made of pure speculations
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I don't even need the M8 Prime just the M8 Plus with a 13MP Sony OIS camera. The G3 seems like a good phone, but I am not a fan of "buttons on back". Samsung can sell their anti-customer locked down KNOX phones to someone else.
12. maherk (Posts: 3351; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I thought you had a Note 3? Lol you better start working on your lies buddy.
25. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Still not asking questions and jumping to conclusions? :)
I have a Note 3 and Note 8. I used to have the original Note -- my first Android phone before I got a Nexus. I've done some development for Android, so I've used quite a few phones, not just the ones I own.
And, for the record, I am looking for a replacement for the Note 3 which I haven't been very happy with. I had thought the Galaxy S5 might work well, but it is locked down for my carrier and KNOX is not optional. If HTC had made the One M8 with a 13MP OIS camera, I'd already own one -- unlocked and rooted, of course.
33. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Don't strain yourself pushing those macro keys to write your posts.
44. AstronautJones (Posts: 302; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
So you root but Knox is not optional?
59. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Ideally, the customer should be able to unlock the bootloader and uninstall KNOX from their phone without voiding the warranty. As you may have read on XDA, the S5 is locked down on ATT and VZW and this is not currently possible.
I would like Samsung to restore greater control over their phones to the customers so that things like KNOX which are mainly needed for corporate apps/security are not pushed on every customer, i.e. they are optional.
71. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
I thought every company releases something called "DEVELOPER EDITION"
15. Sauce (unregistered)
You mean KNOCK OFF* ?
6. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Click bait : An eyecatching link on a website which encourages people to read on.
That's exactly what it is. Nobody knows what these phones will bring, none of them is announced officially. G3 even it coming up, but about the rest it's pure speculation at this point. Nobody knows if S5 'prime' will ever be an actual phone or what M8 prime is.
But, for virtue of page hist, we have a poll here to dream about your favorite specs and vote. You will be voting even without knowing what these phones properly look like, how they work or what they have. How stupid can this get?
Here's a poll from me?? Please vote below. Which one will you buy next year-
1] Galaxy S6
2] HTC M9
3] Xperia Z4.
Dream your own specs and vote now!
9. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
4) I am going to be rich and get a pure sapphire iPhone 7.
18. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
5) Nexus 6 w/ 2.5K 5.2" display, 3000MaH battery, Snapdragon 810, 13 megapixel camera, and matte finish body :)
21. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I'm a big power and prestige user so
A57 A15 Tegra5 Cpu at 3.0Ghz
All Sapphire or Titanium
Tegra or PvrRouge at 300 gigaflops Guide
Xneon CarlZeiss lens
4Gb Ddr4 Ram
79. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Ideally you can be a power user, you just need some wiki-ing on SoCs. Now stop boasting like a big mouth and wait for 22 seconds.
83. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Take it easy chill down Straightedge nexus
Asking for 2016 specs is not asking to much
It will be available but why do we have to wait
Look at the specs 3 years ago. It has evolved
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S5 Prime because of AMOLED and Ultra Power Saving Mode. :')
36. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Prime hasn't been official yet.
10. shamatuu (Posts: 159; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
LG sucks at updates for the people who voted the LG G3.
16. robert26101 (Posts: 105; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
And that the reason I'll never buy an LG phone.
24. FTWGT86 (Posts: 10; Member since: 06 May 2014)
The all the US carrier G2's got KitKat, and the GFlex got KitKat.
I think they are updating fine. You have to remember that the carriers have the final say to push an update or not.
26. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
And if you read the forums, you will see that LG's KitKat update has a lot of bugs, including some that kill the battery life.
63. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
And that's probably the last update they will get. They might even get another major update after this, but that will be it. Samsung is still supporting the US Samsung Galaxy S3, which is more than two years old. LG Optimus G, which is half a year younger than the S3, is still stuck on Android 4.1...
37. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
And that's why I don't buy their devices. Only buy a device that GURANTEED THAT the phone will be updated. At least the G3 have the SONY EXMOR sensor built in.
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I chose LG G3 and HTC One M8 Prime but since for voting can be selected only one, I voted for LG G3. :)
14. robert26101 (Posts: 105; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
The people who buy the LG G3 will have their butt hurt when they realize how bad LGs customer service is when it comes to software updates.
20. papss (unregistered)
Software updates are fine for flagships from LG. The G2 was a good turnaround.. 2 years ago isn't a good indication of how any mfg is in this area..
30. ErenJaeger (Posts: 119; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
Updates arent always good. Ive gotten more battery life from jellybean than on kitkat with my G2 and thats why im happy not updating. This also happened with my previous galaxy phone.
22. papss (unregistered)
I'm interested in both the G3 and M8 prime
55. redmd (Posts: 1220; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
That being said, I'm enjoying the quad HD display of my TabPro 8.4 LTE.
31. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Not going to vote as none of the devices are actually released yet...
34. ErenJaeger (Posts: 119; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
If the Galaxy prime has a different design and material from the s5 then sure. But if not, i prefer LG G3. HTC prime could be nice if they take away duo camera and just have 1very good camera.
35. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Why bother do a poll when the G3 isn't even out yet and still left out Z2.
38. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
One M8 Prime because of BoomSound, Sense 6, and guaranteed updates. They're all beasts, though.
39. techperson211 (Posts: 1163; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Because none of these 3 can put up a fight with z2. As you can see they'll be releasing 805 SOC after releasing flagship phones except lg. Maybe they're bothered that sony is releasing flagship phone every 6 months .
43. papss (unregistered)
I'm bothered that Sony can't get their production issues fixed. If I can't buy it then the phone at least for standard prices ita no good. I found it for 850 USD but its not worth that much.
40. michaelangelo (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Apr 2014)
they kick sony out off xD haha not on the list
41. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Where is the too early to know box? We don't have all the finalized specs yet.
45. GadgetWiz (Posts: 7; Member since: 23 Dec 2013)
Size wise? Galaxy prime. Everything else? HTC or LG