Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is coming with 277 apps says leak
0. phoneArena 12 Apr 2014, 23:34 posted on
Evleaks has tweeted what he says is 277 active APKs that will be included on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. This variant of the Galaxy S5 is supposed to be rougher and tougher than the regular version of the phone. Last year the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active was the only variant of the device that was water proof and dust proof, but this year the regular version of the phone has IP67 certification...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Planterz (Posts: 1640; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Dafuq? Is that all bloatware, or is it just listing the number of processes installed? I mean, Android itself has dozens of system "apps" running at all times, just to keep the lights on. If you do a full backup with Titanium or whatever, you'll likely have 300+ "apps" backed up. Not really news...
16. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
its will only be a news if its Bloatware.
background android apps hardly make any effect. look at nexus.
samsung needs to ditch touchwiz and start again. or make a huge change over like Motorola did with Moto G/X and iOS7.
30. akki20892 (Posts: 3795; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Then S5 for what?.... Its a water resist, Samsung just bringing crazy useless models.
39. Taters (Posts: 4754; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They are going to make a super brick for people who value bricks more than light weight phones. AKA Sony, HTC, and Nokia fans.
40. papss (unregistered)
But will still be butt ugly on the front unlike something those mfg's do
41. Taters (Posts: 4754; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That is just the opinion of the haters. The rest of population of normal people think that the front looks fine minus those big physical buttons.
42. joey_sfb (Posts: 4347; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Alan F strike again.
Thanks for the heads up. Most Samsung device do have plenty of bloat ware. If that is a concern do buy another brand.
Other than Apple I wonder which Android brand don't carry bloat ware.
3. walnuttt (Posts: 151; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
Ok, I can now really feel that my S4 Active will gonna be soon outdated. But I still love my phone and Samsung too for making this phone such a great device.
9. DONUT (Posts: 352; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
really dont see the point of a S5 Active. couldnt they just have made the S5 with this certification? we have Samsung pulling sh!t like this and smurf has the nerve to call out Sony for refreshing their flagships every 6 months
28. darkkjedii (Posts: 15596; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So far it's the s5 with the 801 chip, s5 active, and s5 zoom. Soon to come, s5 Neo, s5 exynos, s5 plus, s5 google play edition, s5 google play edition exynos, s5 Neo 801, s5 Neo exynos google play edition, s5 toaster, s5 can opener. Stay tuned...
38. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
he also forgot tht S5 dual sim, S5 limited edition, S5 deluxe edition,,,
stay tuned for more..... o wait wait yes the S5 jedster edition.....
6. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
"Active might be certified to the next level, IP68. This is the same certification received by the Sony Xperia Z2,"
Lie. Sony Xperia Z2 has not IP68 , bit IP58. That means less dust proof than S5.
This is the same iRumor like the "premium ALUMINUM S4". Inveted to brainwash you that Samsung "know" that S5 is "not premium" like iPhone (and HTC M8) and just try to catch up with them.
Now is the sane trick, but "catch up with" Z2
12. jeeta444 (Posts: 136; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
and ip58 also means better waterproofing than S5....!! Z2 can go upto 5 feet water for 1 hour...
25. sinple (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
he said dust proof, not water proof.
z2 is less dust proof than s5
z2 is more water proof than s5
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Better than non removable bloatware. Unwanted Apks can be deleted.
8. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
galaxy s5 active 16gb and 3gb ram comes with 4gb free space and 1gb usable ram...
15. express77 (unregistered)
wrong. 1 gb free space and 100 mb ram with all that bloat. i suggest people to buy original s5 or rumoured 2k s5 over it.
10. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
The S5 comes with 11.8GB available user space for the 16GB variant and there's barely any bloat. So I really doubt it.
11. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Now thats how you are suppose to bloat your device with unnecessary apps and gimmicks that will consume more ram and slow down you're device... Somebody should learn from Samsung how to slow down your device and make androids experience Laggy...
13. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Haters just need some excuse to hate. Apks need to be installed as apps. They CAN BE DELETED as normal files WITHOUT root access. But still samsung should ditch Ugly laggy CRAPWIZ and slap cyanogenmod or paranoid android. It will sell like hot cakes.
24. chocowii (Posts: 387; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Not all users dont know hot to root. Dont know how to delete bloats.
My god! Is that the worth of buying Active?
26. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
why dont you download apex or nova launcher if you hate touchwiz, simple.
i love touchwiz it has more feautres than any other UI out there...
its android, if you dont like it, install what you like or root it, simple
14. express77 (unregistered)
this is the reason android phones are laggy and samsung is the king of it.
21. Diezparda (Posts: 376; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Don't make me laugh... Android lag? This is 2014. My Note 3 is more stable than my iPad 4 which sometimes crashes since iOS 7 and mine still 7.0.4 cause it's jailbroken device and little upgrade won't be necessary.
22. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
this is the reason of having 2gb ram instead of 4gb ram... the more apps you install the more ram it needs
18. mokhtar (Posts: 390; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
so now fan boys SAMS****can shut their mouth when they say s5 is also waterproof
z2 awsome design with waterproof feature .. s5 active .. WTF
20. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Who cares about being in the water with a phone?
23. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
you will be rest assured if it accdentally drops in water or if it rains it would still function.
29. GoBears (Posts: 425; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I use swing by swing golf gps when golfing and my phone is mounted to my push cart. Now I keep my N3 in a ziplock bag when it rains. Guess I can ditch the bag if I get one of these!
31. Jishnusur (Posts: 73; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
No offence but you people are great! Has anyone of you seen the pic properly? It includes the jar files of the framework. the renamed the jar files as apk's!
Android.policy.jar! People think or see before you post! I am not a samsung fan boy but you people should consider checking the pics first!
32. Totse2k15 (Posts: 354; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Dislike junk apps/bloatware/re-installed apps, call it whatever you want. Meh, I just want a Z2.
33. pureviewuser (Posts: 354; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
Calling Captain Kirk ANOTHER Galaxy!!!!!!!!Lol!!!!!
34. pureviewuser (Posts: 354; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
Make contraceptives for samsung so no more galaxies are born until the s6!
35. geordie8t1 (unregistered)
Most of these are system apps. Most androids have hundreds of apps built in. Not all are designed to be used as standalone apps. Even simple apks like wallpapers, each system wallpaper is an individual apk. Think my note3 has crazy amounts so this is not a surprise, i would like ip68 which has a rating down to 3m and totally dust proof
43. MobileGuru (Posts: 82; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)
Samsung should call this the Galaxy S5 M - military