Samsung Galaxy S4 wireless charging back cover and dock images leak out
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 09:57 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S4 does not come with wireless charging on board but it should be fairly easy to add the functionality by swapping back plates…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2951; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...hit a speed breaker and it'll jump off the bar!
23. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
no it wont, i had the palm pre wireless charger mounted in my car, never had any problems, never fell
2. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Is it just me or the dock actually looks like Nokia's wireless charging dock? Nevermind, at least Nokia and Samsung have "INNOVATION" right now.
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If you look closely at the dock, you can see the Samsung logo and the circle ring, just like Nokia. If you know what I mean.
8. HASHTAG (Posts: 383; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Oh, I can see where you're getting it now. But it looks like the Samsung version is thinner, so it differentiates at least on that part but not the when you look at it from the top.
11. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh, ok. I didn't look closely, sorry about that. Why I'm thinking Nokia's wireless charging right now? Oh I know, "Nokia Lumia Disease". ('_')
18. Taters (Posts: 1744; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Samsung probably had this design ready for the GS3 and just got a long to releasing it now. haha
19. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I hope they (Samsung&Nokia) won't sue each other, like Apple.
22. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 470; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I think they won't. Samsung maybe learned their lessons and just pay for royalties rather than copy/steal the idea of nokia. They'll be in big trouble, if you know what I mean. ;)
7. HASHTAG (Posts: 383; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
I don't think I'll ever buy a wireless charger pad until I can actually take my phone off the charging pad and go some distance and still charge.
9. blueriverclay (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Will the wireless charging dock be able to work with a seidio case on the phone over the back plate?
12. Joshing4fun (Posts: 960; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Exactly what I'm thinking. Keeping this phone without a case would be a disaster. But I do love wireless charging.
14. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 908; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I dunno about the iteration of this technology for the SGIV. However, I have a case on my Lumia 920, and the wireless Qi charging works just fine...
I'm not really sure why Samsung neglected to include this feature. Wireless charging is great, and it's certainly handy!
16. Suraj3337 (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
so does that mean i'll have to choose between s view cover and a wireless charging back cover?
17. Taters (Posts: 1744; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
"Wireless charging is a pretty convenient bonus feature, especially for smartphones with not so great battery life. The Galaxy S4 on the other hand has one of the best battery capacities of current high-end smartphones with a 2600mAh juicer. It ranks on top along with long-lasting devices like the HTC One and Apple iPhone 5."
The funniest thing about this article is that if this was an HTC or Apple article it would read like this.
It ranks on top ahead of lasting devices like the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4.
It ranks on top ahead of lasting device like the Apple iphone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S4.
And since Victor H doesn't like Samsung much it is ranked on top "along with" instead of " ahead of" like it should read.
24. andrew1953 (Posts: 174; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
With me its a good protective cover first, , convenience second. MyvNote 2 lasts until the end of the day then I plug it in- not a big deal.
25. andrew1953 (Posts: 174; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
After a BlackBerry Q10 but if BB Australia dont get their act together soon, I'll get an S4-simple.